HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Marcel Salas tribute

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 416
Age : 41
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:18 am

You guys are crazy to celebrate Salas like that!!

He really screwed us!!

He had one good season and that was it!!

Then cragnotti tried to sell him every season but the guy just wouldnīt take a hint.

The worst part was when we had to give Conceciao to Parma in order to bring crespo. Parma wanted Salas but he refused. Conceciao then went on to dominated euro 2000 and had an amazing first 6months at Parma .... among other things he alone destroyed us when we played Parma. Then he went to football graveyard (inter) and the rest is history.

That season Lazio had an amazing team but no real wingers (nedved on the left and stankovic on the right) which left our team packed in the middle and fairly easy to defend against. Things started rocking again when we bought our best right wing to date (Poborsky) but it was too late for that season. Salas then went to Juve and did nothing there or in any other club.

Heīs overrated and often when I think about what went wrong (alot of things went wrong) I keep getting back to the point where he just WOULDNT LEAVE!! back then on the forums people screamed at him for not leaving.

Thatīs my 2cents.
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 502
Age : 36
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:39 am

Centrocampista

Whit all due respect, but I think you are wrong and should respect more the man who was in the team that won Scudetto for us. You may have some point that he did'n do much in Juve, but he was injured by that time a lot and we respect him for what he did for Lazio not juve or river. On his 74 games in Lazio he scored 41 goals. That amount, and all his trophies with Lazio and remember his goal against Man U deserves respect and not bullsh!t like he screwed us. How the hell can you say so?
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 1434
Age : 24
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:52 am

Salas is a Lazio legend. It's not like he was Mendieta, he scored so many goals for us and important ones too.

With all due respect, the only reason he didn't do the same for Juve was because his knees were finished. If they were still good, he'd still be scoring goals today.

He was one of the real stars of our glory days, deserves all the respect he gets and more.

_________________
Quote :
It's more than just oil, it's liquid engineering.
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 628
Age : 67
Country and city : Chile, Santiago
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:48 am

centrocampista wrote:
Salas then went to Juve and did nothing there or in any other club.

He got a big injured beside he had personal problems ... you're right that he never was the sme but before of that he did very much in Lazio and before in River where is a legend, just like Francescoli.
Millionairs wants his last game in the Monumental.
I dot have to say what is Salas in Chile ...
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 416
Age : 41
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:28 pm

He had a great spell at Lazio (5 - 7months) but after that he was nothing out of the ordinary in a team that was extraordinary. Salas scored alot but who wouldnīt with that sort of backing (hell Inzaghi scored 4goals in the uefa cup! .... ok Marsielle where without 4 starting defenders in that game but thatīs a different story). Salas would have been a hero in my book had he only accepted to move away from Lazio when we couldnīt afford him - thn again had he left we might never have gotten Poborsky ... damn time travel is a bitch!!
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 502
Age : 36
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:20 pm

centrocampista wrote:
He had a great spell at Lazio (5 - 7months) but after that he was nothing out of the ordinary in a team that was extraordinary. Salas scored alot but who wouldnīt with that sort of backing (hell Inzaghi scored 4goals in the uefa cup! .... ok Marsielle where without 4 starting defenders in that game but thatīs a different story). Salas would have been a hero in my book had he only accepted to move away from Lazio when we couldnīt afford him - thn again had he left we might never have gotten Poborsky ... damn time travel is a bitch!!

I really don't know how you think. scratch ..........Everybody claims that Salas did good at Lazio all the time he was here, you the only one say he was bad. Are you trying to be a black sheep here or what? Please cut the negative way of thinking and give the man respect he deserves. I guess 41 goals of 71 games played, in your world is worth nothing. scratch
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2665
Age : 32
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:58 am

centrocampista wrote:
He had a great spell at Lazio (5 - 7months) but after that he was nothing out of the ordinary in a team that was extraordinary. Salas scored alot but who wouldnīt with that sort of backing (hell Inzaghi scored 4goals in the uefa cup! .... ok Marsielle where without 4 starting defenders in that game but thatīs a different story). Salas would have been a hero in my book had he only accepted to move away from Lazio when we couldnīt afford him - thn again had he left we might never have gotten Poborsky ... damn time travel is a bitch!!

Wow, you must be the first man to say that a player screwed us because he showed loyalty and wanted to stay. Unbelievable. Salas was a great professional and will remain one of all time favourite players, and I think it's fair to say he had a little more than a 5-7 month good spell.

_________________
To knog or not to knog......
Back to top Go down
Goerlandt
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 273
Age : 25
Country and city : Belgium-Waregem
Laziale since : 2001
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:15 pm

Ciao Matador
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 624
Age : 36
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:34 am

A hell of a player! I'll always remember him for the goal he scored vs England in their friendly fixture. Its a shame he didnt hang around for longer with us.
Back to top Go down
Laziophilic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 279
Age : 34
Country and city : Jordan, Amman
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:37 am

Ciao Salas.

Thank you for your dedication and all your goals you scored, from all the goals you scored, 3 goals I will never forget: your goal vs MANU, 1st goal Vs Milan in the famous 4-4 game (what a crazy team celebration), and the goal against Bolonga away that ended 3-1 because I got the feeling that Scudetto is going to towards Rome and not Turin despite De Santis scandal in Juve - Parma game.

Guys, there is some truth of what Centrocampista said before, back then Cragnotti signed Lopez during the summer of 2000 while Simone Inzaghi's 1st year spell was great with Ravanelli also as substitute. He wanted badly to bring Bobo back, and once it failed, he went for Parma's Crespo, It was a clear msg for Marcelo, that his days with Lazio are close to end! Parma wanted him badly for Crespo services! He refused and sadly, we let 2 important lione in terms of Almeyda and Consecaio go there at the end.! After the end of 00-01, and once he was sold to Juve, there was no roar in Rome following his departue as what happened with Nedved and Veron in the same summer!?

What make me laugh, is C4 way in writting the news as: FORMER JUVE and Lazio player! I really don't know what Juve did to his career? How many games he played for them? For ignorant people, they will say he was known internationally thanks to Juve and he is a Juventini! I don't think Albartini was called once as a former Lazio, Atalanta, Barca and star rather than former Milan star, esp the later made the most influence in his career! The same goes for Salas, he won alot and got international recognition mainly thanks to Lazio and River Plate!

Ciao Salas, your goals are still saved on our memories for ever!
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 416
Age : 41
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:51 pm

Giolazio wrote:
centrocampista wrote:
He had a great spell at Lazio (5 - 7months) but after that he was nothing out of the ordinary in a team that was extraordinary. Salas scored alot but who wouldnīt with that sort of backing (hell Inzaghi scored 4goals in the uefa cup! .... ok Marsielle where without 4 starting defenders in that game but thatīs a different story). Salas would have been a hero in my book had he only accepted to move away from Lazio when we couldnīt afford him - thn again had he left we might never have gotten Poborsky ... damn time travel is a bitch!!

Wow, you must be the first man to say that a player screwed us because he showed loyalty and wanted to stay. Unbelievable. Salas was a great professional and will remain one of all time favourite players, and I think it's fair to say he had a little more than a 5-7 month good spell.

- I think that alot of people consider baronio, inzaghi, mutarelli etc illoyal for not leaving.
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 502
Age : 36
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 pm

centrocampista wrote:
Giolazio wrote:
centrocampista wrote:
He had a great spell at Lazio (5 - 7months) but after that he was nothing out of the ordinary in a team that was extraordinary. Salas scored alot but who wouldnīt with that sort of backing (hell Inzaghi scored 4goals in the uefa cup! .... ok Marsielle where without 4 starting defenders in that game but thatīs a different story). Salas would have been a hero in my book had he only accepted to move away from Lazio when we couldnīt afford him - thn again had he left we might never have gotten Poborsky ... damn time travel is a bitch!!

Wow, you must be the first man to say that a player screwed us because he showed loyalty and wanted to stay. Unbelievable. Salas was a great professional and will remain one of all time favourite players, and I think it's fair to say he had a little more than a 5-7 month good spell.

- I think that alot of people consider baronio, inzaghi, mutarelli etc illoyal for not leaving.

So you are comparing Baronio, Mutarelli etc with El Matador now? No
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 416
Age : 41
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:34 pm

Secret_Samadhi wrote:
centrocampista wrote:
Giolazio wrote:
centrocampista wrote:
He had a great spell at Lazio (5 - 7months) but after that he was nothing out of the ordinary in a team that was extraordinary. Salas scored alot but who wouldnīt with that sort of backing (hell Inzaghi scored 4goals in the uefa cup! .... ok Marsielle where without 4 starting defenders in that game but thatīs a different story). Salas would have been a hero in my book had he only accepted to move away from Lazio when we couldnīt afford him - thn again had he left we might never have gotten Poborsky ... damn time travel is a bitch!!

Wow, you must be the first man to say that a player screwed us because he showed loyalty and wanted to stay. Unbelievable. Salas was a great professional and will remain one of all time favourite players, and I think it's fair to say he had a little more than a 5-7 month good spell.

- I think that alot of people consider baronio, inzaghi, mutarelli etc illoyal for not leaving.

So you are comparing Baronio, Mutarelli etc with El Matador now? No

- I was never comparing Baronio or Mutarelli with El matador but I think that about 98% of all asked juventini (except those from Chile) would agree that 400 000$ on mutarelli would have been a dream compared to the 25mil euro (inkl kovacevic).

I didnīt say Salas was a complete disaster but when he didnīt leave it caused us alot of trouble. Fuck why am I explaining myself to someone who would chose an avatar with Lives worst album! Did you know that they actually put the word smorgosbord in one of the songs on that album - yes smorgosbord.
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 502
Age : 36
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:07 pm

centrocampista wrote:

I didnīt say Salas was a complete disaster but when he didnīt leave it caused us alot of trouble. Fuck why am I explaining myself to someone who would chose an avatar with Lives worst album! Did you know that they actually put the word smorgosbord in one of the songs on that album - yes smorgosbord.

I don't find Secret Samadhi Lives worst album. TDTH is the best but I find cover of Secret Samadhi a good one. Music taste is a funny thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Marcel Salas tribute   Today at 5:10 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Marcel Salas tribute
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Stu Smith Tribute from tonights TV
» SSS tribute
» Tribute to Rodney Dangerfield -- classic one-liners...
» Grumpy tribute
» Boston Runners - a Tribute from Amby Burfoot

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: