Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 79
Country and city : Lithuania, Vilnius
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:56 am

Hello all,

Since I haven't been posting at all for some time (cause I couldn't see most of the Lazio games and also barely had any time), I won't be getting in to in depth arguments. But lets look it from another angle, let's say

However I wanted to say (repeating what I said last season) that I will never understand the 'fashion' of premature decisions managers all the time after bad spells. Of course it sometimes works (for the short term), as it may give a new psychological boost to the team.

But I believe continuity is the key. Bad spells happen for everyone, but the greatest success comes with continuity. We now have a team in transition, a team that has the potential to be great but needs time. It's a team that Delio Rossi has built (with Lotito) and it's a team who has already achieved some fantastic results - like an UEFA Cup (that was taken away by Calciopoli) and Champions league spots - over the last few years. There were numerous disappointing games (especially last year), but it's what's football is about, it's almost impossible to achieve the same results all the time.

I think we are on the right path to great things and it would be stupid to disrupt things. Delio Rossi might be not the best tactician but I think he's very good for a young team like ours to develop. That said, if we want to become champions in the future, let's say 2010 (when Rossi reaches his fifth season), then maybe we'll need a more expert and pragmatic coach with experience on making teams win titles. But that's the more distant future and not the current topic.

For now, we should stick up with Rossi until the end of the season. If things go REALLY bad (like near relegation zone), then I would consider changing things at Christmas, as suggested by someone. But we should wait and judge at the end. Especially, as in the summer it's best to hire a new manager because he would have time work with players in pre-season and time to make decisions. I hope we won't be needing that - what we need is to continue develop our team and not start breaking it up.

Of the few games I saw this season was the games against rioma and the latest against Inter. While being sad with the result, I was happy of the effort the team put in and the football we played (except a few mistakes). There is potential in the team, but it's not yet producing results because it's a team that is quite new (5 of the starters plus 1 sub in the match against Inter haven't had a full season at Lazio) and young. If players don't jump ship and we make a couple of adjustments then in a two years time we might (I hope) make a title challenge.

Success comes with continuity (or the other way around). It doesn't have to be 20 years of course, and not more than 5-6 in my opinion. But for Lazio, I dont think it's time to change things. To quote one of my favourite movies (guess which) - not yet. Not yet.
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:42 am

A question for Paolo or any other laziale who lives in Rome/Italy.

What does Curva Nord say about Rossi right now?
When is the time for him too leave or dousen't Lotito care about the problems we have?
Does Mr Rossi have a plan B?

Caio laziali!
Back to top Go down
Forza Lazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 248
Country and city : London, UK
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:00 am

ROSSI BYE BYE!

p.s. there are so many good coaches out there...Rajkaard, Simeone, Mancini and many more!
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 624
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:43 am

Is it just me? Or are others sick & tired of blaming Rossi for everything?

We are in a solid position after last years below par performance, and 2 seasons ago we qualified for the CL?

With the financial constraints on our club, i think he has done a remarkable job to keep us competitive. I'm sure if Rossi had the spend of clubs like Inter, Milan & Juve we would be fielding absolute quality all over the park. We all get frustrated at player selection at times, but which fan dosnt?

We are a proud club, and we continue to battle on in all adversity, when times get tough we stick together.

Some people have over expectations without really understanding our constraints... it really irks me.

Rossi's tactic may be questionable, however its more a matter of some of our 2nd tier players not being able to implement them like world class players could. If this irritates you, go and become a member of Chelsea where Mr abramovich can deliver you multi million dollar players in every position.

Let go of this bone and go and chew on a shoe elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
NMH
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 20
Country and city : A different planet
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:58 pm

Kris wrote:
Is it just me? Or are others sick & tired of blaming Rossi for everything?

We are in a solid position after last years below par performance, and 2 seasons ago we qualified for the CL?

With the financial constraints on our club, i think he has done a remarkable job to keep us competitive. I'm sure if Rossi had the spend of clubs like Inter, Milan & Juve we would be fielding absolute quality all over the park. We all get frustrated at player selection at times, but which fan dosnt?

We are a proud club, and we continue to battle on in all adversity, when times get tough we stick together.

Some people have over expectations without really understanding our constraints... it really irks me.

Rossi's tactic may be questionable, however its more a matter of some of our 2nd tier players not being able to implement them like world class players could. If this irritates you, go and become a member of Chelsea where Mr abramovich can deliver you multi million dollar players in every position.

Let go of this bone and go and chew on a shoe elsewhere.

I'm with you on this one.

Rossi makes the occational weird call on lineup and subs but overall he is doing fine with the squad he has at his disposal. Some people have unrealistic ambitions about Lazio as a top club but the fact is we aren't. Not with the squad we have now. Our starting lineup is relatively strong but one or two injuries and we are extemely vulnerable. Our bench players just aren't that good.

There are many clubs in Serie A with better squads than ours and who sepnd much more on players. Just before the season started various Italian media published the wages of the Serie A-clubs and our budget was no way near the top.
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Im not against Delio, but he should pull his act together soon, way too many strange calls, my patioence with him is running out.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:14 pm

It's all ROssi fault. Zarate being selfish and goes 1-1 more of the time. Plays sevigla instead of Cribari or Dietake. Put Mauri instead of Foggia. Experiment with his tridente and and lose some crucial points.

Overall ROSSI VATTENE
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:38 am

So, what now? scratch
Back to top Go down
florinel#1
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 11
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:22 am

well, if rossi will be go then simeone will probably come...i think we need a former lazio player to coach us...he can teach the players how a real laziale should play...i don't think rossi can teach this to them...
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:30 am

Former player?
Then what about Miha og Paolo? (Di Canio)
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:05 pm

Histeria.
This is the correct description regarding Lazio supporter in Rome.
One against each other without reason..
Rossi Out Rossi in ..Miha out Simeone in...Di Canio please Di canio out....Lotito vattene rocchi vattene ..
Carrizo buuu Cmon Carrizo....

what the Hell!!

Lazio is facing problems ..WE are facing problems.....

NO LEADER NO LIGHT!

Geo-Laziale
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 4
Country and city : Georgia, Tbilisi
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Not only rossi. ..

LOTITO AND ROSSI VATTENE !!!
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney
Laziale since : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:21 pm

Rossi may be the best possible coach we could afford right now, but imo, he has to go.. Why??

1. He fails to communicate with the players, there are no motivations, no passions.
2. Tactically, we are boring, predictable, lacking of idea(s), relying too much on individuals performance -> we don't play as a team.
2. I really don't like the way he treats our players (even if they were the one who cause problem), Di Canio, Belleri, Mutarelli, Mudingayi, Makinwa, Zauri, Inzaghi.
3. Tell me, when did last time we win against the "big 4 (Juve, Milan, Inter, roma)", Once Lazio was a "boogey team" for Inter, now not anymore..
4. He hasn't really found the best formula for Lazio even after almost 4 years on Lazio's bench!!

We need a new coach, someone who could bring something new in the dressing room, certainly we have a big problem right now..
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:19 pm

frederick wrote:
Rossi may be the best possible coach we could afford right now, but imo, he has to go.. Why??

1. He fails to communicate with the players, there are no motivations, no passions.
2. Tactically, we are boring, predictable, lacking of idea(s), relying too much on individuals performance -> we don't play as a team.
2. I really don't like the way he treats our players (even if they were the one who cause problem), Di Canio, Belleri, Mutarelli, Mudingayi, Makinwa, Zauri, Inzaghi.
3. Tell me, when did last time we win against the "big 4 (Juve, Milan, Inter, roma)", Once Lazio was a "boogey team" for Inter, now not anymore..
4. He hasn't really found the best formula for Lazio even after almost 4 years on Lazio's bench!!

We need a new coach, someone who could bring something new in the dressing room, certainly we have a big problem right now..

Agree all. Lotito must do something. There is no CL and no UEFA, we are now on 10th and Merda 5th. F**k this I'm enough. BUT what is the point if Lotito bring another jerk on the bench. REMEMBER coach position is not the one to save money on it.
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:22 pm

Please leave........Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeeeeeeeeeee........Mancini, Mihaljovic
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:42 pm

No! Not Mancini.. Do you know what he did to the club.. Miha or Di Canio or Simeone, is okay. but Mancini NO WAY!
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Attention I have made a Petition on line and I beg you all to sign it .
http://www.petitiononline.com/ssl1900/petition.html
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 pm

I understand people who still want Rossi in the team, he is a old fashon guy whit his suit and his snekars and he has done a good job this years.
But everybody has the deadline in fornt om him, and he has crosed that line.
And he is clever a man, he knows what to do. Please understand that we need a trainer smelling as harder work. If he can't do it then he should leave.
It seems that he can't.. For the best of the club, please... please...
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:47 pm

Jofo wrote:
Attention I have made a Petition on line and I beg you all to sign it .
http://www.petitiononline.com/ssl1900/petition.html

Please send this petition to any forums or lazio sites. I have already sent to Nebeskoplavi and Lazioforever and 2 lazio post on goal.com
Back to top Go down
Djokovic
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 68
Country and city : Canada, Toronto
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:43 pm

I just saw Roma in 5th spot. Neutral No

No no no.

Grande problemo.
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:50 pm

All those who think that Rossi should go are idiots - basta!

All those who think that Lotito is the problem - welcome to my club: "where the members are always right".
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 341
Country and city : Sweden, Uppsala
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:04 pm

centrocampista wrote:

All those who think that Lotito is the problem - welcome to my club: "where the members are always right".

Stop with these insults, who the hell do you think you are?
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:43 pm

No to firing Rossi. He's a football coach not a master of puppets and he can not control the behaviour of certain players on the pitch. Finding the right balance in the squad can be extremely tough especially when the players are this inconsistent. At the beginning of the season fans were chanting "segna sempre Zarate" now they're booing him and wanting him benched. Just an example. We also have Mauri, Ledesma, Carrizo, Radu, Cribari on our rollercoaster ride.

Yes to applying pressure to Lotito to spend some cash for atleast one enforcement in January, if there's still time. If not then offloading deadweight an cutting the squad to a manageable size to ease the pressure on the coach about giving playing time to everyone.

Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:51 pm

centrocampista wrote:

What is wrong with you. If you support ROssi then ok, this is a forum and we are all here to debate so don't insult and get your point of view why you like Rossi to stay.

BTW we all hate Lotito but that can't be changed. Coaches can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rossi go away PETITION!   Today at 5:28 am

Back to top Go down

Rossi go away PETITION!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next