Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:58 pm

Still Lazios performance in the first 50-60 minutes is what's worrying me. We have these moments every weekend now and it's up to Rossi to solve those mental things, or else we won't have these comebacks every game.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Easy my friend easy.
I am not pessimistic but i am realistic.
Since 4 weeks we are plying the matches without strenght withot honour against affordable Teams ( Inter out )

I can't accept a team that wake up each time that is loosing!
I can't accept such a confusion in the field.
I can't accepth a looser behaviour for 70 minutes!!!!!

So far i am the first as YOU to support Lazio even in the deep smelling as but with HONOUR and not with shaking balls!!!

No, until they will play as ghost i will write and scream SHAME.....when they will fight and spent 90 minutes i will write and scream HONOUR IT!

Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 274
Country and city : Serbia
Laziale since : 1900
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:07 pm

We got one point and u want Rossi for Pope.
Thats a bit confusing... scratch
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:06 pm

There are serious problems within the squad, and I dont think any of us can now what this is about. Time for rossi to go. I have been his largest suporter for so long, but now I think we need fresh blood. We gave this game away, and that is what is scaring, Meghni has not had one good game for us in the Serie A ever since he came - and today he gave away one goal. Carrizo has not made one super-save ever since he came. Dabe is not even close to what he could be., Ledesma plays under his minimum level game after game. Zarate has lost everything, No passion in the eyes of il capitano. And on it goes. I dont see how Rossi can change things around. Merda had a disastrous start, and we had a brilliant, yet they are one point behing us with one game in hand.

Grazie Delio. It is time to leave.

And yeah., Of course. Lotito is the one that should go first, but we cannot get rid of that ass so we must look elsewhere. Kick Tare out as well. The new Ballota. Pezzo di Merda!
Back to top Go down
LofL
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 298
Country and city : Florø, Norway
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:18 pm

We should atleast see what Rossi can get out of the players we buy in January. Then start thinking about new coach.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:22 pm

a new coach now, before the palermo game would be perfect. hopefully a "new coach effect" straoght away, and then a few weeks to build up the team the new coach wants. If we stick with Rossi over january window, we should stick with him all the way. Either now, or after the season.
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:25 pm

This is a stupid thread..no offense.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:44 pm

We blew our chances to beat in our most important games vs Genoa , Atalanta , Udinese , Roma , Lecce , Bologna , Napoli.

Not everything depends on Rossi , but that was our aim and that was his task.
Someone else should take the helm now and try to change the atmosphere , players , tactics and so on.
We need CHANGES badly and Rossi is drained for Lazio's cause....
There is no point to wait for Palermo.

Though the comeback today was great , but we still need changes and we still didn't fulfill our tasks so far...
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 543
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:49 pm

Sile,don't forget that Mauri is Delio's gf,not you.You're ridiculous...
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:36 pm

LaziOttimo wrote:

Don't forget you started that bullshit talk 20 minutes in the game, always talking about sacking Delio, mentioning relegation, fuck, you wouldn't know what Non mollare mai means if an Paolo Di Canio sat you down and explained it word by word. I couldn't bear suffer through another 70 mins in the chatbox with the likes of you. Quite honestly you disgust me. I even tried to find some working links especially for you but why the fuck bother.

psyko wrote:
Zarate 3-1...But i think the game is over But non mollare mai
Ok man I don't know you that well but what kind of a fucked up sentence is this? You either think it's over or you believe in the team, the whole team...

We had terrible individual errors but we came back as a team and this is what I wanted to point out, never gave up, never said die, that banner irritated me beyond belief sorry Ermetico but what can I say.

As far as I'm concerned you can close and delete this topic.

Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:47 pm

Sile.
This topic don't need to bel closed because is reflecting all ppl opinions and thought including myself.
If you will join a match in the Olimpico u will be surprise from the atmosphere and differences between supporters behave and style.
So , don't be upset and take for good, when respectable, each one opinion.

Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:55 pm

The best thing about this topic is that no one can deny either Paolo's passion or Sile's.

We look upon it all with a laziale perspective.

How must Udinese feel picking up 1 point in 6 games and conceding 3 goals to throw away a valuable 3 points?

We should be drunk on relief. Nothing else. Not on the performance, not on the managerial decisions, pure and utter relief.

We have lost points over the weeks but we have gained a whopper today.

If you offered me a point prior to the game, I would have been tempted to take it. If I was conservative person, I would have ran down the road with that point.

So everyone, be happy!
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:44 am

No need to fight guys. I'm sure we were all feeling frustrated and disappointed at 3:1 today.
More than once this season we saw our players looking numb and not very motivated (especially against Atalanta), without any passion and after we went 3:1 down the players finally started to show the true spirit of Non mollare mai and that was the thing which Sile, and correct me if I'm wrong mate, was trying to emphasize. The spirit that teaches us and helps us when we are down, which gives us self belief and a reason to stand proud and go down fighting.
Back to top Go down
Galles.
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 96
Country and city : Bath,England, UK
Laziale since : Foetus
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:15 am

Caxi wrote:
The best thing about this topic is that no one can deny either Paolo's passion or Sile's.

How must Udinese feel picking up 1 point in 6 games and conceding 3 goals to throw away a valuable 3 points?

It`s a fair point Caxi,but how must we all feel knowing that Rossi can whip the squad up and rally like this? Why in lesser situations do we see the players drop heads and give up hope?
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 am

Sile wrote:
LaziOttimo wrote:

Don't forget you started that bullshit talk 20 minutes in the game, always talking about sacking Delio, mentioning relegation, fuck, you wouldn't know what Non mollare mai means if an Paolo Di Canio sat you down and explained it word by word. I couldn't bear suffer through another 70 mins in the chatbox with the likes of you. Quite honestly you disgust me. I even tried to find some working links especially for you but why the fuck bother

We scored 3 goals because Udinese is even weak then us right now and because we have great individual talents, and not because Delio Rossi knows something about football.

To concede 3 goals from a team like Udinese (how they are now) it`s pathetic. Really pathetic..and we`ll fight to avoid relegation this season. This is all Delio Rossi`s fault..football it`s a team work and we have none because they don`t know what to do ..so they use their talent.

I will say..LaziOttimo for pope !!
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:29 am

I donīt think this is a stupid topic, but I think the timing perhaps isnīt the best.

In my opinion todays game gives the so called pessimists every reason to come forward once again. Why? Because the game revealed all the problems that are relevant to criticize.

A very strange selection of players...
A Lazio that once again wasnīt ready from the beginning...
An impossible number of amateur mistakes in defence...
A midfield that continued to throw the ball away...
A rather large number of players that are simply underperforming...

Now that we managed to turn the game around in what I will call a truely memorable comeback does very little to console me that the problems are in the past and that we are heading towards better times.

I am not sure that I understand Sileīs topic in the correct way. I think criticism is an important part of being "a fan", mostly because many feelings are involved and obviously we all get disappointed. Without criticism there would not be any relevant reason to have a forum like Laziofever, because then we would just be a bunch of lunatics celebrating the greatness of the club, without relating to all the aspects that are very easy and very fair to criticise. I spend hours and hours every day for Lazio, so I believe I am also entitled to criticize the things that I donīt like. Hopefully Sile agrees.

Still there are many ways to criticize. In my opinion the massive criticism directed towards Delio Rossi on this forum was rarely very constructive. Considering the circumstances under which our Mister is working, I think the criticism at times also wasnīt very well founded. With regards to these two aspects I can fully agree with Sile that sometimes it has been really ridiculous.

Not that I think Delio Rossi has done a brilliant job. Far from actually. All the above mentioned problems are also Rossiīs responsibility and during this season and the last one, I saw very little development in the team.

I always agreed with those people who said that Delio Rossi is not a coach for a side that is aiming high. For that he simply makes far too many mistakes and he takes far too long time to correct the mistakes he is making. On the other hand, I also think itīs important to realize what this Lazio is really made of. I believe in this forum, ever since the summer and the mercato, the team was generally overestimated. With players like Siviglia, Cribari, Diakité, Kolarov, Manfredini, Brocchi and now even Belleri and Del Nero etc. etc. the team is bound to make mistakes from time to time and experience periods where we will suffer, because they are simply average players and nothing more. Just like Delio Rossi is an average coach who sometimes makes questionable or even wrong decisions.

This is the Lazio of today. From president to management to the players we are not geared to fight for the Scudetto or the Champions League spots or anything close to that. Realistically we are more likely to fight around the 6th to 8th spot. For a club with Lazioīs current set-up, itīs only natural that we also have a coach, who is average. Itīs not fair to judge Rossiīs merits after the same standards as those of Mourinhoīs Inter.

Then I think itīs also relevant to discuss the circumstances under which Rossi is working. In the summer, Lotito seemed to have lost all confidence in Delio Rossi after last years horrible season and the President was apparently very eager to replace him. There were reports that Lotito was meeting with Walter Mazzari. Reports which the President did nothing to deny and which also Delio Rossi must have been aware of. A difficult situation that your boss is openly looking for a replacement only to confirm your position a few weeks later when his attemps had failed. Then came the summer mercato in which Rossi wasnīt involved at all, although he had seemed to be the one running Lazioīs mercati together with Walter Sabatini in the past years. Rossi was continously asking for a new central defender, pointing out Cosmin Moti as his preferred man, but his wish was overheard and Moti never arrived.

Delio Rossi had to travel to Auronzo with a mega squad, even if he knew many of the players were of no use any longer. Lotito tried to compensate for his policy of signing players to long term deals (a policy that at this point was coming back to haunt him) by cutting the squad down. He managed that decently, but not better than today we have a squad being way too big consisting of 34 players of which a few of them features for the Primavera regularly and a handful is more or less never playing... left to do nothing but walking around Formello. One of them is even in a legal conflict with the club.

While we were in Auronzo, the contract talks with Ledesma and Pandev broke down, causing a lot of unrest. Apparently the situation has been resolved with Pandev, whose renewal should be very close, although we have heard that song many times before. Ledesmas situation has not been resolved though. Probably the most important player in the team has played a very disappointing first half of the season culminating with the stupid red card in the Derby and it now looks increasingly likely that he will leave Lazio next summer.

I am not trying to take away the responsibility from Delio Rossi. I think he made many critical mistakes and I think he failed to find a formation that would benefit the players at his disposal and he failed to find a formation he could stick to over a long period. There is hardly any doubt about that. But I am also saying that Delio Rossi is also not having the easiest job in the world as described above. Considering what he had to put up with over the years, he did manage some decent results for this Lazio. Also this season.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:00 am

As crazy as Delio's decisions appear, there is logic to them all.

Cribari and Belleri came into the side today. Ex-Udinese players who know Di Natale inside out. Problem is, he knew them inside out too and took full advantage of it.

Del Nero? Foggia was not 100% fit and Mauri and Meghni haven't been performing so why not?

Zarate and Rocchi. Automatic, Pandev wasn't fit.

No Brocchi available means Dabo. Ledesma is self explanatory.

There was definitely logic behind the selection; twisted logic perhaps but logic.

Sgt. Pepper's post was very accurate. In a good season, we can surpass Fiorentina and Roma, in a bad season we can fall behind Napoli, Udinese, Genoa and others. That is football. As I've said elsewhere in the forum, we are 7th, on 24 points and not out of any hunt yet. Rossi may be this or that but if he's one thing at the minute, he is unsackable.
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 am

First : if you're 3-0 behind against the weakest team since months (Udinese lost 5 games in a row), one must question what's going on ... are the players proud enough playing for 'la maglia' and it's colours, and the fans ... or do they just don't give a f*ck about it, think only about the mon€y they can earn elsewhere ... or are they just boycoting Delio Rossi, to get him fired before Xmas ?

Second : a comeback from 3-0 to 3-3 is heartwarming, but with this point we are getting nowhere in the League and we're losing touch with the 4th place, and even getting a 6th place going to be a battle till the end
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:04 pm

pazke wrote:
First : if you're 3-0 behind against the weakest team since months (Udinese lost 5 games in a row), one must question what's going on ... are the players proud enough playing for 'la maglia' and it's colours, and the fans ... or do they just don't give a f*ck about it, think only about the mon€y they can earn elsewhere ... or are they just boycoting Delio Rossi, to get him fired before Xmas ?

Second : a comeback from 3-0 to 3-3 is heartwarming, but with this point we are getting nowhere in the League and we're losing touch with the 4th place, and even getting a 6th place going to be a battle till the end

I also have the feeling from last year, that some players are playing simulatively scratch
Back to top Go down
spud
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 17
Country and city : England Bristol
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:56 pm

I am new to this forum but i read it all the time.
I cannot believe the comments i see sometimes. No scratch
I love Lazio & have supported many years.I have travelled all over Italy to watch them.
We have to realise...we are not a big club.We have no money,but we have the best fans.
I am afraid we expect too much from our team.
We have a good president & a good manager.
We live in a world that is in an economic freefall.Our club is lucky to be here.We now have a wage structure
that has to be adhered to & is good for the long term future of the club.
Our players are not all Paolo di Canio.They all have agents looking for better deals for them.
They are not fans of Lazio like Paolo.They are employed on contracts.
Do you work 100% everyday for your employer?Do you make mistakes at work?Do you love your employer?
Please be realistic in your views.
We are a mid table team.We should be happy.
We have some fantastic players that could walk into other teams & be payed twice as much.
We should be happy that our manager & President have got them to play for us.
Please everybody forget 1999/2000.That was another world.
As long as we are not relegated i will be happy.
Yesterday was a fantastic result for us.I was there.We battled.Udinese are a good team.
They are the same standard as us.So a draw away was a good result.
Anyway i will stop my rant now.
I love Lazio...I love the fans...But please be realistic & support our team without moaning every game
about unrealistic expectations.
Forza Lazio cheers
Back to top Go down
vent
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Craiova/Bucharest, Romania
Laziale since : 11.09.1981
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:46 pm

Sile u might be an optimist but the first 60th min from Udine are the end of the rope. no more patience. i had enough. and it all started with the "merda style" we can win the scudetto bla bla bla. Rossi Vattene
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Very accurate post by Sgt Pepper. I remember us having a discussion when we are down half way through our first game of the season, against Cagliari, where we clearly stated that we could except to belong to the top teams considering the circumstances which you presented very well in your post. Lazio is not a team for the top 4 yet, and we cannot expect this when in the situation we are in.

However. Rossi has had his share now. I have always been in favour of him staying, even after last years seriously damaged season I still wanted him to stay as I see potential in him as well as seeing him as a coach that is able to develop many of the young guns at our disposal. I wanted him to stay as i thought he would be the Mister to guide the "new" Lazio. An during the first few games of this season we saw a happy, dediacted and passionate team. But that died, and only the coach can be blamed. We have the players we have, and the coach needs to be the one creating the atmosphere, the feeling, the unity and the search for a united target.
If you all remember, during the first period of time that he came to us the players and himself were showing great dedication. The season we made it to the CL we did not have a team a lot better than the one we have now, yet we managed some great results under Delio. Yes. things are different. Some teams are stronger today, other teams do not start with deduction etc etc, but it is still Rossi who has the responsibility to get the best of our TEAM out, and he has failed in doing that the last year to be honest. We cannot forever say that we are not better than this, that we do not deserve better than we are, when we at the same time have got the facts showing that we can be one of the leagues best teams when we play like a TEAM.

I do not think that if Delio stays we will end up in the bottom three or anything like it, and in all honesty we have collected points enough to say that we are having an acceptable season. It is the way we are acting on the field, the strange line-ups, the weird decisions, the fact that we are NEVER ready from the begining but rather wait until we are 2-0 down before starting to run, the lack of passion, the carelessness of the group to show a team spirit that are making me join the Delio-bashers. I thik he is a great coach, I think he has shown that, but now we need a change. We cannot change the whole squad, and as it seems we will net be able to get rid off Pezzo Di Merda, so the only solution to get some fresh air into the team is to get rid of Delio. Something needs to be done, and replacing Delio is the easiest option.

Who to replace? That is another topic...
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:41 pm

As I have said before: either before xmas, or after the season. Nothing in between would benefit us...
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:47 am

Cash wrote:
As I have said before: either before xmas, or after the season. Nothing in between would benefit us...

100%. We have to change managers before a transfer window. It's pretty useless if Delio recommends a bunch of players then gets the boot and someone else comes in and wants different guys. So if the change isn't before Christmas, which i cant see happening, we should wait until the summer imo.

PostSubject: Re: A coward dies a thousand deaths...   Today at 3:13 am

Back to top Go down

A coward dies a thousand deaths...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next