Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : England
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:33 pm

Rossi decided to bring on Rocchi who scored the decisive goal. For that I give Rossi credit.

Zarate is a wonderful talent but he needs to learn how and when to use that talent. He must realise that a simple pass to a nearby team mate can be just as effective as a slalom dribble. The team comes first, not him.

I hope Diakite continues to be picked. Iknow he is not perfect but he could improve if he continues to play. I think its much better we play someone who is young and can improve than someone who's career is in decline.
Back to top Go down
Torsty
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 79
Country and city : Norway
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Diakite can become a really great player with some experience. I must say he had some good runs when he took Licht's place on the right to wards the end. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Emko
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 30
Country and city : Bulgaria, Vidin
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:57 pm

The most important thing from this match is the fact that we won!

GRANDE ROCCHI, GRANDE LAZIO!
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:04 pm

Vital to win before the break and we did, thank goodness. Palermo rarely threatened as Cribari and Diakite were really on the ball, intercepting, passing sensibly and playing with concentration. Every praise to Modibo for a dominant performance and calmness for the full match, I hope he continues to be given the chance to grow into a top centre back. Credit to Meghni for an improved performance and setting up the goal. Dabo also helped out well when he came on and gave some stability. Rocchi is still firing and is still our best finisher bar none. How nice it is to be able to bring on a player who you actually feel can score and do something vital.

It wasn't a classic but I don't want to dwell on any negatives as we need to enjoy the moment and take a bit of happiness into the break and then Reggina away on Jan 10th. Forza.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:42 pm

Couldn't watch the game, I was working but it's so great to come home and see we won! Well done to the guys for ending the year on a high. Hopefully we bring in a few players over the break and be back buzzing for Reggina in the new year! Forza Lazio.

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:54 am

usampa wrote:
Matrim wrote:

I have no idea why Pndev decided that falling so easily was a good idea, he should have tried to score. Talking of that, I was impressed by the ref, he wasn't fooled by diving at all, allowed the game to flow, but he gave yellow cards when he had to. .

Three decisive offsides against Lazio were given today, one against Rocchi , two against Pandev....

You are aware that I was talking about the ref, not the linesmen? But as far as I remember they were OK too, Pandev was offside in the one incident that I recall (but my stream was shitty, so I couldn't be sure) and a very dangerous Palermo attack was stopped in the first half by a very incorrect call in our favour, so I wont complain. Wink

P.S. Why was Rozehnal not even on the bench? Injured?
Back to top Go down
spud
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 17
Country and city : England Bristol
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:31 am

Great win for the boys...well done cheers
What's the matter with Zarate?
The kid needs to grow up quick & realize he play's in a squad of players & competition for places is healthy.
Rossi is right when he say's 'if he doesn't like it,he should move to a smaller club'.
Well said Rossi.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:51 am

Matrim wrote:
You are aware that I was talking about the ref, not the linesmen? But as far as I remember they were OK too, Pandev was offside in the one incident that I recall (but my stream was shitty, so I couldn't be sure) and a very dangerous Palermo attack was stopped in the first half by a very incorrect call in our favour, so I wont complain. Wink
I have watched it on tv and the replays were very clear , three non existing off sides against Lazio were given.
That's to many mistakes if you ask me ....
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:26 am

We have Carrizo and Diakite and they have Amelia and Kjear.
I think this game was really bad at the first half, like usual. We didenät play in the level we can play but at the
second half we were better. A little bit at least, we won the game and 3 points.
But still we have problemos, big problemos.

(DIAKITE IS GREAT)
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:28 am

Team played well...can`t complain. A very nice win..we needed that.

As for players..Diakite was on fire. He`s fantastic in the air..in my opinion one of the best in the world. I just can`t explain why he didnt played so far especialy since Siviglia or Cribari killed us so many times. Or i can explain but that means to talk about Rossi`s managerial abilities and i`m through with that.

Another player that looked fantastic to me was Radu.

And i have a message for our nr. 10 .. the player who can`t pass and who can play 1 good match out of 5, Mauro Zarate. For your attitude regarding Rocchi, our captain and our saviour in the past, as well as this attitude regarding Lazio.. i just want to tell you: Fuck Off. You can go back to Al whatever. I`m very dissapoited.

NON MOLLARE MAI
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:08 am

finaly + 3 points...we have great competition in the atack, but i hope that will not make more private problems betwen the players...like Zarate was very cold on Rocchi goal...

p.s. did someone play my first betting ticket? (Lazio + Zaragoza) cheers
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:04 am

Great to be back with 3 points just before the break !!

I don´t think we played well though. As usual the 2nd half was better than the first, but still I was far from impressed. But ok, we looked better than in recent weeks and I guess that´s the most we could ask for.

Although Foggia didn´t succeed with everything tonight, you clearly see his immense talent whenever he receives the ball. One must really wonder why he has been loaned out, while below average players have been wearing our jersey in the meantime.

Meghni is a strange player. I had high hopes for him in his new midfield role before the season, as I think he could be better when there is not the same pressure on him to always deliver the final pass. Tonight I thought he was horrible in the 1st half, but surely our best player in the 2nd half. Not only is the guy prone to injuries, but his incosistency is unbelievable. I have the impression that he is mentally weak, but it´s just an impression...nothing else. Obviously he has got the talent though and I hope he could stay fit for a longer period, then we got to see if he could also find some consistency. I would start him every time to see what we can get out of him. It´s not like we have many other options anyways...

Credit to Delio Rossi for introducing Rocchi. That surely was the one factor that decided the match. Not only did he score the goal, but we needed his presence in the box and his understanding with Pandev. From the minute he came on, we immediately became a different team.
Back to top Go down
Sturges
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 135
Country and city : England
Laziale since : 2003
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:27 am

From a tactical point of view, how was Rossi's performance?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:31 am

It was absolutely critical that we obtained 3 points from this game going into the break. Mission accomplished, well done to everyone at the club.

This Lazio team is completely unpredictable. We sit here and we criticise Rossi but jeez, it's tough managing this lot.

Rocchi has been a complete disaster of recent weeks and I didn't see him becoming a saviour today. Props to Delio for that sub.

Props to Delio for having the balls to take off Mauro. He needs to quit complaining, we can all see that.

Delio won this match for us so him

However, the Cribari - Diakite partnership that was a success today came about out of necessity, the decision to play De Silvestri wasn't good, the decisin to leave out Dabo wasn't good so Delio didn't get everything spot on but he made the correct decisions at important times. Good coaching.

Now, let's give the team a break and let them get on with fixing the issues, clearly some exist.
Back to top Go down
Alvares
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 135
Country and city : Russia Siberia
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:18 am

It was very good and best for uor offense this moment to play Zarate-Pandev from the start and then sub worse of them to Rocchi.
I dont think Rossi was better or not last night, he was usual, with his right (forwards, bringin back Dabo, Foggia startin) and strange (Lolo from startin, Lichy on LM - it was not right imo) desigions. But the team played good, and so we have nice game and result. Lazio is a team first of all, and only then Lazio is Rossi, Lotito and every player separately.

Anyone know, how is Lichy's leg?
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:44 am

Good hard fought win. It's nice to dominate possession, especially when it eventually pays off. Going into the break on a win I think will do good for out morale. As you guys have already pointed out, Diakite was an obvious high point. This guy played with so much energy at the back, quite refreshing to see. Mighni & Foggia played well, though I think the former could have been smarter with his passes, but it wasn't at all a poor showing. The low point, Mauro Zarate. Time to do some growing up, mate. Consistancy matters, and when you're not, you're gonna get pulled. Sorry, that's just how the game works. If he's upset, I'm fine with that, so long as he learns from it. The lesson, selfishness has a time and a place, he's gotta learn when and where that is, because it's not every time the ball is at his feet. Nevertheless, FORZA LAZIO! Can't wait until we start up again.
Back to top Go down
Irriducibili_1900
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 32
Country and city : Belgrade
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:59 pm

Win Win Win

Forza Grande Laziale
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:53 pm

The most importing is that we get a 3 points after the long time.first half was tipical delio style(he must understand that the defense wings players can not be a playmakers,we saw this kind of tactics wen we have oddo-zauri,then behra-kolarov,now lichty-radu or kolarov,the same tactics for a years ledesma and wings.Another point which i try to understand delio is that the good players in one possition can not be to good in another(maybe zarate is selfish,but in a start of the season he had another possition-he scores,if lichty is great in defense he can not be a key in the middle.Very good game for diakite,radu.A nice second half for megnhi-foggia(i agree that megnhi have a psycho problem(looks noninteresting,but wen he wants he keep the ball perfect-i hope that someone can help him to start play whith more passion),Foggia-maybe not briliant-but he was trying,he fight,run,assist,shots-Lets hope that Mauro will learn from him how to get a possitive attitude(pasquale was a star in ascoli-cagliari..-but now he play for team).Rochi-stile importing for us,no doubt.Dabo give the sence to the game,ledesma was better wen dabo get in,my opinion is that he must be a starter.Attack was off(not only zarate,pandev also),they didnnt have a usseful balls,and that s why i can not be to much anger whith them,In second half our team start to play like every normal team would play-the middle. players gives the ball,keeps the ball etc..,I hope that we will use this rest and we will back like in a beging of seasson,i just wan to see that we play footbal and not delio tragic commedy movie.3points,what a great feellings
Back to top Go down
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 274
Country and city : Serbia
Laziale since : 1900

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:01 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
Great to be back with 3 points just before the break !!

I don´t think we played well though. As usual the 2nd half was better than the first, but still I was far from impressed. But ok, we looked better than in recent weeks and I guess that´s the most we could ask for.

Although Foggia didn´t succeed with everything tonight, you clearly see his immense talent whenever he receives the ball. One must really wonder why he has been loaned out, while below average players have been wearing our jersey in the meantime.

Meghni is a strange player. I had high hopes for him in his new midfield role before the season, as I think he could be better when there is not the same pressure on him to always deliver the final pass. Tonight I thought he was horrible in the 1st half, but surely our best player in the 2nd half. Not only is the guy prone to injuries, but his incosistency is unbelievable. I have the impression that he is mentally weak, but it´s just an impression...nothing else. Obviously he has got the talent though and I hope he could stay fit for a longer period, then we got to see if he could also find some consistency. I would start him every time to see what we can get out of him. It´s not like we have many other options anyways...

Credit to Delio Rossi for introducing Rocchi. That surely was the one factor that decided the match. Not only did he score the goal, but we needed his presence in the box and his understanding with Pandev. From the minute he came on, we immediately became a different team.

Meghni said once that when he was on a loan spell at Sochaux on the halftime of one game he was crying and thinking to quit football.
So, pazzo... Suspect Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 274
Country and city : Serbia
Laziale since : 1900

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:04 pm

phantomm1976 wrote:
The most importing is that we get a 3 points after the long time.first half was tipical delio style(he must understand that the defense wings players can not be a playmakers,we saw this kind of tactics wen we have oddo-zauri,then behra-kolarov,now lichty-radu or kolarov,the same tactics for a years ledesma and wings.Another point which i try to understand delio is that the good players in one possition can not be to good in another(maybe zarate is selfish,but in a start of the season he had another possition-he scores,if lichty is great in defense he can not be a key in the middle.Very good game for diakite,radu.A nice second half for megnhi-foggia(i agree that megnhi have a psycho problem(looks noninteresting,but wen he wants he keep the ball perfect-i hope that someone can help him to start play whith more passion),Foggia-maybe not briliant-but he was trying,he fight,run,assist,shots-Lets hope that Mauro will learn from him how to get a possitive attitude(pasquale was a star in ascoli-cagliari..-but now he play for team).Rochi-stile importing for us,no doubt.Dabo give the sence to the game,ledesma was better wen dabo get in,my opinion is that he must be a starter.Attack was off(not only zarate,pandev also),they didnnt have a usseful balls,and that s why i can not be to much anger whith them,In second half our team start to play like every normal team would play-the middle. players gives the ball,keeps the ball etc..,I hope that we will use this rest and we will back like in a beging of seasson,i just wan to see that we play footbal and not delio tragic commedy movie.3points,what a great feellings

Not agreed for Radu, he made an idiotic offside trap again, as at Atalanta and Udine, and we could get punished for that. He must learn to stay focused and not to sleep on the field.
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:12 pm

against udine was a mistake of all defence,i m agree that sometimes it s not active expecialy in offence role,but he was very good(expecialy on the second half),defence was much more saffely than whith kolarov(he forget to get back,lost a lot of balls,wek covering),we noes that if we can make one player of this 2 guys(radu-defense,kolarov-offence)we will have one great left sice defence player
Back to top Go down
Uragano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 421
Country and city : US, Washington DC
Laziale since : 1985

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:15 pm

Well said, Weninho. I couldn't agree more - especially w/ regards to Zarate. Simple, yet fact. HE / WE can not go on like this. He's acting like a child. This is what Rossi had to say about it.

The Biancocelesti defeated Palermo 1-0 yesterday thanks to a Tommaso Rocchi strike and coach Delio Rossi feels the captain is rediscovering his best form.

“We did very well and managed to come out on top in the end,” he stated, “Palermo created some problems for us, but we never panicked.

“It’s a deserved win and I feel the game turned when [Ousmane] Dabo came in, he was crucial and things went much better with him on the pitch.

“As for Rocchi, I am really happy for him, as it is not easy to sit on the bench, but he is nearing top form and Lazio need such important players.”

Mauro Zarate was clearly disappointed at being replaced in the second half, and his long face was evident even when Rocchi hit the back of the net.

“It looks like we are in kindergarten here,” bellowed the tactician, “Lazio are the most important thing and if a player can’t handle some competition, there are a lot of sides out there…”
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Dabo really made a great impact yesterday. Easy to forget him in between players like foggia, rocchi and zarate. Delio is right, very much of the turning point came yesterday when Dabo was introduced.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:28 pm

Delio is right for one more thing - Lazio is the most important and if a player can't handle it he is free to leave! FORZA LAZIO!
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:30 pm

I disagree i think the real turning point was when lich went back to his normal position as RB, then he could perform his 100% there,
he was lost up front , he knows how to move the ball forward, but when he is already upfront, then what ?
I am sorry to say this, but as long as lich is fit, i think lorenzo should be benched, dabo had a normal match, thats his position and he did his job well.

Zarate and Diakite both should learn how to pass, zarate keeps the balls with him as long as possable, the other passes recklessly whenever he gets the ball, they both signed for 5 years, i think they should sit together and share some pointers tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008   

Back to top Go down

Serie A: LAZIO-PALERMO, Saturday 20 December 2008
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next