View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:25 pm

Hi I'm having a little trouble and I need some help. I'm going to the gym almost a year and I've seen some result but I need some advice from you. I don't know how to add bigger muscle mass so probably I'll try with some supplement like protein powder or creatine. Can some one tell me what this supplement does and are they dangerous or can do harm to you organism. Please don't write any post if you are not well inform in this coz is matter of my life here.

Thx in advance and one more thing. I don't want to be bulky and big but to have lean muscles so don't mention any steroid or something. Suspect
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:56 pm

You don't need supplements. You need proper diet but that depends on you personal characteristics.

I am totally against every supplements out there , because I don't trust the companies who made this products. In many cases you don't know exactly what is in the can. This products exert influence on the metabolism and this is not the natural way of development and functioning of human body. Also in my opinion they burden the work of the kidneys and one day this could bring to complications.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:06 pm

usampa wrote:
You don't need supplements. You need proper diet but that depends on you personal characteristics.

I am totally against every supplements out there , because I don't trust the companies who made this products. In many cases you don't know exactly what is in the can. This products exert influence on the metabolism and this is not the natural way of development and functioning of human body. Also in my opinion they burden the work of the kidneys and one day this could bring to complications.

I know that usampa so thats why I make this tread. I know that Bulgarians are all in fitness madness so any tip will help me. I'm all about safe and natural but how (even with diet) to incrise my muscle mass.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 pm

this is what probably every person that goes to the gym wants, except for guys with personal issues (little wee-wees Very Happy )

Your best bet is to ask your fitness instructor for help, or anyone at the gym that is more experienced.
99% they'll tell you the following:
1. low carb and high protein diet - no supplements
2. fewer repetitions but with a heavier load for muscle mass
3. more reps with a lighter workload for muscle tone
4. no smoking or alcohol- one drunk bender can set your progress 2 weeks back.
5. lots of fluid and a good warm-up, if you feel very sore and everything hurts try zinc tablets for better muscle recovery

I was too lazy to follow through. Personally I'm too thin for my height.

look here this is probably the best site for fitness http://www.exrx.net/index.html
look around, it has very helpful tips and tricks.

I hope it helps.

Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:43 pm

To give you a tips I have to know many factors about you. Also you need to know your body well.
Are you heavily built , are you lean , what part of your body are more developed , what kind of metabolism do you have(do you gain weight easily or not) , how are you training , which system did you use so far and so on.....

But generally , you have to eliminate all of the bad foods from the menu as highly proceeded foods , sweet desserts , white bread , sunflower oil , fat meat, everything fried....
You need to intake many proteins , natural organic fats and carbohydrates . Also vegetables and fruits in huge quantities.
These are the basics , I can't tell you specific diet , in what time of the day and how much you need to intake , because I don't know you.
You have to discover that for yourself , the best way is to find someone with experience and achievements, personal trainer , who will have the time to control you and to observe your progress and as well is somewhere near to you and can see you in person and talk with you in great details about your fitness , diet and sport background.
It is very complex topic , and it is hard for explaining here , because every human body is unique , but even if you know what is healthy for you , you wouldn't achieve much if you doing something wrong(training , eating , resting or so on).

But basically I want to tell you , don't use supplements , it is wasting of money and in some cases wasting of the most precious , your health. If you disorganize your metabolism with something unnatural , could lead you to huge troubles(many diseases) , of course everything depends on the particular organism(some are more resistant , other not). It's not worth the try....
And if you find personal trainer who insist that you need supplements , don't listen to him and his cheap tricks.Find someone who is working naturally .
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:44 am

Good diet. You need to eat loads of protein. Avoid supplements if you can, but if you really need that extra extra, make a wise decision on what to buy and put in your body...a hood dietist at a hospital or so should be reliable...
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:45 am

Cash wrote:
Good diet. You need to eat loads of protein. Avoid supplements if you can, but if you really need that extra extra, make a wise decision on what to buy and put in your body...a hood dietist at a hospital or so should be reliable...

haha..I laugh at myself... good...of course
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:57 am

When I want to build muscle i eat meat. I put on a bit of fat but then turn it into muscle. Don't know if thats the best way but it works for me.

Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:05 am

I was always told that I should never do more than 40 minutes at the gym as I would be undoing all the good work if I trained longer.

I have a high protein and a high carb diet. I'm bulky if not toned but I have consistent energy levels. I can go without sleep for a remarkable length of time. Which has its advantages Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Uragano
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 421
Country and city : US, Washington DC
Laziale since : 1985

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Jofo, one of my best friends is a body builder and I work out a lot too. We talk a lot about our differences. I'm lean and have more of a professional soccer build (toned and very fit), Trey (my friend) is bulk and mass and RIPPED!

1) Your diet. You want to eat about 6x a day, but in small portions. Trey, when preparing for a competition, wakes up and has OATMEAL for breakfast (7:30am). He eats again around 10am by having EGG WHITES (protein), at 12:30 for lunch he'll have TUNA FISH / CHICKEN. Around 3pm he'll have another snack of CARBS (before the gym. For dinner (7:30pm), he eats more CHICKEN and than around 9pm he might have some more OATMEAL. It's ALL diet at this point.

2) You want to do Muscle Milk or Protein. Creatine just adds water to your muscles for a quick hit in the gym, but if not used correcty it will turn you into more fat than muscle. You need Protein and Carbs through out the day BEFORE you exercise.

3) Exercise. You want to lift heavier with less reps. So, when it comes to exercises on the bench, you want to do about 4 sets. (Heavy weights, 8 reps 2x) (Heavier weights, 6 reps 2x). You also want to mix up your routine. Chest and Back on Monday, Arms and Legs on Tuesday, Shoulders and Chest on Weds, Arms and Back on Friday, etc.
You'll have to work out at least 4x a week.

4) You have to be committed and you can't forget the diet. Cut out the snacks. Candy is horrible. Chips are really bad. No soda, unless diet. Cut out the bad sugars, transfat, etc. Peanut butter is GOOD for you. Wheat bread, not white. No sugar cereals. Limit snacks in general.

Last edited by Uragano on Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Super Ram
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 214
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : 1900
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:31 pm

Jofo.. one thing for certain.. when u get all your muscles rapped.. plz dont wear such a speedo and pose for us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Super Ram wrote:
Jofo.. one thing for certain.. when u get all your muscles rapped.. plz dont wear such a speedo and pose for us Very Happy

Hahaha and compared to tray you don't seem like right guy for advices . just kidding Very Happy

Ok so about 1. I'm one of few who dislike Hamburgers, chips, cola.... but I can't put enough protein from meals.

2. In connection with number 1, I want to get protein powder but I'm trying to add muscles not water so I guess I'm gonna avoid Creatine (and plus I've heard many bad things about it).

3. I'm very committed. Going 5 times a week (mon-chest, tue-back,wen-shoulders, thu-legs, fri-arms) In general I'm making a 10 reps 2,3x.

Hope the protein powder will give me the protein I miss during the day.
Thx for the advice, you all been very helpfull cheers
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Fitness and bodybuilding   Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:07 pm

Super Ram wrote:
. plz dont wear such a speedo and pose for us Very Happy