AuthorMessage
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 274
Country and city : Serbia
Laziale since : 1900
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 am

Im proud of our team.
Its not easy to almost win against Juvents, keep playing like that and it will be beautiful season.
FORZA LAZIO
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:27 am

1-1 ... fair result, the Juve winning streak has been broken
Back to top Go down
Mark
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 153
Country and city : Netherlands, Delft
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:28 am

1-1, not a bad result to be honest. Not many clear cut chances for both teams, only couple of dangerous situations. Draw seems fair result to me.
Pitty that Foggia could not convert. Had the feeling though that Foggia again brought something extra.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:36 am

Guess that a draw was fair enough looking at the 90 minutes, but we could have beaten them in the first half badly. If we cannot beat juve today when are we ever going to beat them?

A few strange subs by Rossi, but no major mistake I would say.

We have a big problem with Radu, today the central defenders had a better game than last week but Radu was a risk all the time and it was he who missed mellberg on their goal. Radu is out of form, and Kolarov is not so much better anyways. Maybe we should actually go for a LB this mercato and try to use Radu as CD? That is what I thought he was...

Zarate pissedm off when subbed. I understand him as Pandev was the weakest attacker today.

Torino on Thursday is important. First of all it is a way to guarantee a spot in Europe if we win that game and go through to the finals (I know we have a semi final to play as well...). Second of all the final is played in Rome and it would be very nice to get a trophy...

More important than the game today is the game next week as the second part of the season starts and we face cagliari at home. In the same round napoli play merda (we are only on point above them...) and juve play viola...

Forza Lazio Per Sempre!

Non Mollare Mai!
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:40 am

Against Juve..1-1 it`s ok and it`s a fair result considering the match. Pandev and Zarate were dead..but i guess it`s not only their fault. Juve`s defense it`s something else..

All in all..we are above the bastards (rioma) at the end of first part of this season.

Non Molare Mai
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney
Laziale since : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:40 am

Dejan wrote:
Im proud of our team.
Its not easy to almost win against Juvents, keep playing like that and it will be beautiful season.
FORZA LAZIO

If we can't win it against half strength Juventus, I wonder what would happen if we play them full strength?

We lost the game imo, We let them control the game after the 1st goal, we failed completely.. It was all Juve tonight..
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:51 am

Fair result and don't forget we were hard done by the ref who should have sent off Nedved.P robably the first game this season where we played better in the first half...or first 30 minutes to be precise. When rubentus started to press us harder we had to resort to long through balls for rocchi mostly. Our defence is still not coordinated enough and it's true that when pressed they give up the ball too easily, if Ledesma is not there to give them a passing option things really become ugly. If we had more choices for the DM positions, taking out one of the trident would probably have been a good idea but Brocchi did not improve on Meghni in the least. With Pandev being mostly invisible, we needed someone to gather loose balls around rube's penalty box and that's not exactly Lichtsteiner's forte, trying as he was. But all in all, a draw against a team with so many victories in the last month is not bad at all. Kudos to Ledesma and Lichtsteiner especially, they fought like lions. We need some better leadership, especially in defence.
Back to top Go down
Boksic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Malta
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 am

We played the best first 30 mins I've seen in the past few years. Controling the match with superb 1 touch football rarely putting our difence under pressure. Dabo was dominating everywhere Ledesma was opening up the game with good passing, Meghni was making strong runs and was showing his good technique keeping the ball in his feet and cosing havoc for Melberg teaming up with Zarate very well. Rocchi was a bit isolated whils't pandev was linking up play with good one touch football altough he wasnt making himself dangerous enough. Lichsteiner was having a good game but his facial injury effected him, his crossing was disapointing. After we scored we fell apart we lost our midfield battle to Sissoko and Nedved and we were second to every loose ball, where before we were winning every ball. Our defence was under pressure and Diakite saved us a couple of time with good timed tackles. Ledesma gave some excellent balls to start good counters but we couldnt create clear cut chances the last pass was missing. When brocchi came in for Meghni it became worse, we couldnt keep the ball Brocchi wasnt what we needed, he barely touched the ball. De silvestri was miles better, he made some good runs at least. Mauri or Dabo should have had Brocchi's place. Foggia made a good impression in the last couple of minutes altough I would have prefered if he took Pandev's or Rocchi's place since Zarate was more active and had created good chances for our team. Everytime he had the ball he was dangerous. I could understand his frustrations because I beleived he would produce a magical moment before the game would have ended.

Rossi needs to sort our defence out. There is no communication by Rozenhal and Carizzo. How many times did Carizzo have the situation under control only for Rozenhal to intervine and sends the ball out for a corner. Carizzo was getting pissed off it seems no one trusts Carizzo and he's not performing bad at all. All our defence should be sent to learn the Italian language! Whilst I had a very strange fealing as much as I hate to say it today I missed Zauri he would have had the left wing under control, something which Radu couldnt everytime he had the ball he panicked and he was just shooting the ball upfield.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:11 am

I am definitely not pleased with the performance. If we are going to play with tridente Za-Pa-Ro, we can’t expect to work well vs every team , as it worked vs Reggina(worst defence) for example.

If we want to play with three man in front , one of them must be tall player with the presence in the box , Amauri kind of player. Rocchi was very flexible and very moving tonight and he plays well with his head , but he is not that player who has that presence and is able to steal the high balls. And again , I don’t like that Pandev and Zarate have to receive the ball every time from the center and to make raids in order to export the ball forward. Very predictable, and very inefficient tonight , despite the fact that Juve was with so many injuries in defense.

We looked very solid and organized defensively tonight , Ledesma , Diakite , Rozhenal , Radu , Dabo , Lichtsteiner were very tight. Though it was collective mistake the goal we conceded , I have to say, that kind of things happen.

Ok , today good defense , but the link between midfield and attack was weak. The only one player , who we rely on for that job is Meghni. He did some good stuff in the first half , but in the second was lost. I think this guy is good as substitute player , but it is obvious that we can’t rely on him , we need someone better in that role. In match like today , Ledesma is very busy to organize and coordinate the defensive line and his help in attack is very limited. And with who we substitute Meghi ? With Brocchi , haha what a joke really , we don’t have good player in that position and this is the fact. Then Dabo for De Silvestri and Zarate , our most creative and sharp player tonight from the tridente , was substituted. Many times I have said that Zarate has to be benched instead of Rocchi , but tonight it was obvious from what they did on the pitch , that Zarate was more effective and he deserved to stay all 90 minutes. He lost some balls , but he was forced to return deep in our half trying to begin attacks.

After everything I saw tonight , I can say that we played for a draw. This was Rossi tactic , to be tight defensively and to rely on individuals explosions from someone of Za –Pa + Ro. We had great chance to take 3 very important points in view of our opponents injures crisis, but we played save. With such performance we are Uefa Cup contenders, nothing more. And we need reinforcement in the middle and our management again is very slow and short sighted.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:16 am

Good game tonight. Esp the first 30 minutes we were all over the place. Defending, attacking...everything was going our way..and if only Pandev had scored....Very good Diakite - he completely shut down Amauri. Roz needs to communicate more with JPC. Radu is out of form. Ledesma made one of his good games also, but in the last minutes he made some wrong passes. When we are under pressure we loose the ball very easy and give our opponent the chance to counter attack
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:17 am

excellent first half, but in the 2nd we where like already read book...but im pleased...also in every game i like even more Lichtsteiner, he remind me of Paolo Di Canio cheers ...p.s. i cant belive how stupid mistake did our defence (3-4 players go on Amauri and left 2-3 juve players alone )
Back to top Go down
LazialeMalta
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:20 am

Zarate's attitude is unacceptable, he mumbled something to Rossi and when on the bench he threw a bottle at him, Tare stepped in to talk to him and they were close to a fist fight. He has to learn to accept being substituted, i fear his relationship with Delio is going to effect us in signing him.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 am

I saw Zarate disappointed, but didnt see him get into any fights. If true thats worrying and I agree he should've stayed on but he is only 21 and needs to respect the coach and other players regardless.

Today, Delio made 'safe' subs to try and consolidate the point. Juve were pressuring us and we risked losing. Its disappointing but it worked out.

Defence can be solid but there is a communication problem. Carrizo doesnt talk with the central defenders, the fullbacks (moreso Radu) arent in line with the rest of the defence. It could be a language thing, either way its the biggest problem.

We started well, which is a good sign also, because against Juve you cannot make comebacks like we did against Udinese. Glad to see Delio has the team switched on from the start.

LazialeMalta
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:31 am

It wasn't shown in the game, but after on Controcampo (the show) they got it. It's troubling.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:54 am

Weninho wrote:

I think Delio did right taking off Zarate, even if Foggia eventually proved he didn't have one of his best days. Asking the manager "you're always changing me?", throwing a bottle as LazialeMalta reported and arguing with Tare - not even giving Foggia a high five - is not Lazio style. Worse, it's the SECOND time.

It's not Lazialitá, no matter how big star you are. This is unacceptable.

Anyway, 1-1 against Juventus is a good result.

About Zarate , he was furious , but after a while I saw him , stand up and applauding Foggia and Lazio players looking towards the field.
He was arguing with Tare , but I was relieved when I saw him applauding. It seems , despite his furious protest in conjunction with that he realized he is wrong at some degree. Or at least I thought so..
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:56 am

Yes, set pieces defending was a total joke, thank goodness the ref didn't fall for a lot of rube's diving to give them even more crossing opportunities from set pieces.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:07 am

I agree on your points Johan, but I can never see how Meghni was our chance. It was a poor choice having him on from start, I would have gone with Mauri as he is the least bad player available on that spot. I know meghni has potential, makes a few good passes and can dribble, but he is not an effective player. I can see him play against Chievo, reggins and the likes, but today we needed a bit more quality. I would have subbed meghni with Mauri, and brough on Brocchi for Dabo only to avoid a red card. I know what you mean, but Meghni was never the answer...

We have to win our home games. How hard can it be?

The Zarate case must be solved. He cannot react like that when being subbed. No matterif he thinks he deserves it or not. Just saw some pics on the "fight" between him and Tare. Zarate is probably used to being the best player in the team, and never being subbed. This must be dealt with to avoid bad atmosphere. Probably there will be an official appology like tomorrow..?

As I wrote before..this wcoming week we have one important, and one extremely important, game..
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:26 am

Hey guys , I am thinking about something. Why everyone of you accentuate so much on our defense , tonight.
And don't have a wrong idea , I am with you that sometimes , many times we look choppy and very youth as we are. But , common today in this match not our defense lost it.

We lost , because we were very predictable in attack. We scored one lucky goal after such a blunder , as they did also.
But it was very obvious(and not just today) the gap between midfield and forwards. Very isolated , very predictable tridente , with such playing we don't have great chances against the serious teams.

Don't you think we have to solve first that problem , because if we bring more defenders that means someone from our great prospects from Radu , Kolarov , Dikaite , De Silvestri could leave the club. I don't want that to happen. We are bulding for the future right ? Well I see great future in Diakite , De silvestri Rozhenal Radu and so on , but they need playing time together and it is inevitable that they are going to make mistakes.

But seriously , tonight and other times , if we weren't so isolated in attack and we have some variety , we could lets say easily scored 2 , 3 goals (because I really thing that madness tridente with such a similar players as Za-Pa -Ro is only for games against not so serious teams). Instead of that we were struggling and it was obvious that Meghni has no proper replacement ad he wasn't able to run and fight anymore , also....

And I don't know what Lazio would look today and where Lazio would have been today in the standings , if Ledesma was somewhere else. And what is happening with that guy soon , do you think that Ledesma will stay. Maybe it was big mistake that Lotito neglected his demands for new contract so easily.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:08 am

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Rocchi hasn't done anything constructive today? He is always caught offside, very weak in the air, I was really disappointed.

I can't understand rossi's decision to pull off Zarate, he was really giving 200% today, and he wasn't showing signs of tiring, I believe that the better option would be to sub Rocchi for Foggia and have Zarate take Rocchi's place. What did Mauro do that deserved a substitution? I'd be furious too if the coach subbed me for no apparent reason.

Weakest link today was Radu, of course he had a lot of work against Amauri but still. I think he was supposed to mark Mellberg.

A point will have to do, perhaps we can repeat the season opening and climb up a bit again....

Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 am

here's the highlights:

wait and you can briefly see Tare-Zarate altercation

not sure what started it though. Seems Tare has confronted Mauro.

valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:22 am

not very professional from tare either
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:28 am

I am on terms with Weninho also being quite disappointed... Not so much on the result, but rather the way we played. Afterall, Juventus missed more than half a team tonight and started with nothing but a mediocre line-up and still we were quite lucky to escape with one point.

The substitution of Zarate was strange to me. Pandev had been more or less invisible all night, while the Argentine at least was trying something (Also Zarate didn´t have his best game, but still miles better than Pandev). It made absolutely no sense and even if Zarate should always respect the decisions taken by Rossi, I do understand that he looked like a questionmark and got pissed with the decision.

I read many members questioning the decision to start Meghni. He had been praised from all Italian papers for his games against Palermo and Reggina, all discussing if this was finally the breakthrough of this huge talent. I can´t see any reason not to start him. However, I agreed with putting on Brocchi later on, since at that point we were under so much pressure that we needed a more defensive player and this is not Meghni´s forte. Meghni was becoming useless in the second half anyway, since we were forced to play long ball. Brocchi didn´t change anything, but you got to work with what you got.

The defence is a chaos. Again the goal came from a huge mistake, leaving Mellberg totally unmarked and able to run onto the ball without even being pressured. As Weninho pointed out: As if it wasn´t enough, we repeated the exact same mistake twice after the Juve goal. Should simply not be possible.

None of Rozehnal or Diakité can play the ball forward. If Ledesma is not around to take over the ball, we are bound to loose it. Rozehnal usually just hoofs a long unprecise ball forward and Diakité being even worse would usually pass it directly to an opponent. Like this, it´s also difficult to avoid being put under heavy pressure.

I think I counted 4-5 times that Carrizo was ready to catch the ball, just for Rozehnal to intervene and head the ball away or out for a corner. No communication at all between the keeper and the defence.

Diakité is physically strong and good in the air play. We already knew that since the Florentia game 2006/07 when he managed to neutralize Luca Toni and we needed that tonight in order to keep Amauri quiet. However, his technical level and his positioning is right out terrible. I would definitely put Cribari back in the team immediately. Not that it would solve all problems as also he is prone to mistakes (just like Diakité), but at least he can move the ball forward and he is the closest we come to a defensive leader.

Radu..?? What happened to him ?? He looked as such a fine talent last season, but this season he has been poor to say the least. I don´t know what is wrong with him.

Ledesma was fantastic tonight though. He was everywhere and his distribution of the ball was of the highest quality. I hope Lotito is able to renew his contract since he is fundamental to our team and in every way a classy player.

1-1 is not a bad result. Juventus is Juventus. Like them or not, but their mentality in these big games is unbelievable. They commit very few mistakes and they are always ready to punish the opponent. That is even when they are forced to play a mediocre line-up like tonight.

Forza Lazio
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney
Laziale since : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:55 am

Sile wrote:
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that Rocchi hasn't done anything constructive today? He is always caught offside, very weak in the air, I was really disappointed.

I can't understand rossi's decision to pull off Zarate, he was really giving 200% today, and he wasn't showing signs of tiring, I believe that the better option would be to sub Rocchi for Foggia and have Zarate take Rocchi's place. What did Mauro do that deserved a substitution? I'd be furious too if the coach subbed me for no apparent reason.

Weakest link today was Radu, of course he had a lot of work against Amauri but still. I think he was supposed to mark Mellberg.

A point will have to do, perhaps we can repeat the season opening and climb up a bit again....

Yep me too, I don't understand Zarate's substitution too, he wasn't perfect, but at least he's trying... I would opt for Pandev, which has been invinsible for the whole game. I do understand his frustration, and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't sign with us in the end...

Rocchi did well imo, he was weak in the air (that's why we need a physical type of player up front), caught off side couple of time, but I think overall he did well..
I don't know what happen to Pandev, I think Rossi played him out wide, unlike against Reggina, when he was the centre forward, but he had a bad game,..

Overall, I am dissapointed, even with a draw, we should have wrapped this, they lost half of their defense, they were playing with Ariaudo, a debutant, but we rarely truobled him.. We got off to a good start (only for the 1st 25 mins), and then we went holiday, it was all Juve tonight..

Problem we're having:
1. Lack of communication between Carrizo and our 4 defender's
2. What's with the long ball?? We have 2 technical gifted forward who could dribble one or 2 defender, play short one two pass wouldn't hurt..
3. Go for the players, not the ball.. that's how we conceded the goal, same week, same mistakes No
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:34 am

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
I
The defence is a chaos. Again the goal came from a huge mistake, leaving Mellberg totally unmarked and able to run onto the ball without even being pressured. As Weninho pointed out: As if it wasn´t enough, we repeated the exact same mistake twice after the Juve goal. Should simply not be possible.

None of Rozehnal or Diakité can play the ball forward. If Ledesma is not around to take over the ball, we are bound to loose it. Rozehnal usually just hoofs a long unprecise ball forward and Diakité being even worse would usually pass it directly to an opponent. Like this, it´s also difficult to avoid being put under heavy pressure.

I think I counted 4-5 times that Carrizo was ready to catch the ball, just for Rozehnal to intervene and head the ball away or out for a corner. No communication at all between the keeper and the defence.

Diakité is physically strong and good in the air play. We already knew that since the Florentia game 2006/07 when he managed to neutralize Luca Toni and we needed that tonight in order to keep Amauri quiet. However, his technical level and his positioning is right out terrible. I would definitely put Cribari back in the team immediately. Not that it would solve all problems as also he is prone to mistakes (just like Diakité), but at least he can move the ball forward and he is the closest we come to a defensive leader.

Forza Lazio

I really want to laugh after reading your comment... you're beginning to be a Diakite hater no matter what he did for the team, maybe just like me hating Cribari... Diakite saved our asses many times yesterday, if not because of him we surely have conceded more goals... sometimes he was out of position, but none of them costing us, Radu was the one to be blamed yesterday...
Cribari can move the ball forward?? (this is the one that made me laugh actually) and a defensive leader? I remember him as the one that kick out the ball randomly either when he was under pressure and not (except for the last palermo game)... well Diakite was still far from perfect either, but at least he always won on one on one and still very young and still can improve more and more

Peace man... I just wanted to say my opinion... and i was really happy with rossi's decision to play Diakite as a starter, since he did that our defense starting to be more solid and looks like going to have a bright future...

BTW, Juve's goal came from a set piece... which is always unpredictable and not solely the defenders mistake because at corner kick all the players should concentrate at defense... who would've thought that mellberg who's the one that dangerous with the header? there's so many dangerous players at juve that should be marked at that time...
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:06 am

I think my exact words were that Cribari is the closest we come to a defensive leader. Now weren´t they ? I think I also mentioned Cribari is prone to personal mistakes. Didn´t I ? So please don´t twist my words to fit your own opinion. Thanks

In any way, just to make myself clear, I don´t think Cribari is perfect. Far from, God. But I repeat that he is the closest we come to a defender, who is able to organize the defence. He is arguably the only defender we have, who to some extend is able to actually pass the ball forward. I noticed we lacked that aspect last night, which is why I thought it was a valuable point to make.

I agree with you that playing Diakité was a decent decision, which I won´t argue against. Amauri is tough to handle physically, so we needed Diakités strength to be able to cope with him (I think I mentioned that in my previous post as well by the way)

Please don´t call me a "Diakité Hater" whatever that strange term refers to. I don´t have any preferences towards any players as long as Lazio win. I relate to the game and I notice Diakité, while being strong in the direct challenges one on one (very good also last night), lacks the sense of positioning himself correctly just like it´s obvious that his technical ability isn´t good enough. Something which both Diakité himself and Rossi also stated during the christmas break were the aspects where he should improve.

I believe you also make a dramatic exaggeration when saying the defence looks more solid and "going to have a bright future" since Diakité stepped in. Let´s hope you´re right, but I think it´s a strange conclusion to come to since they costed two goals last weekend, Diakité being very responsible for the last one together with Radu.

Yes, Juve´s goal came from a set piece. But you don´t think it was a mistake??? I suggest you take a look at the video Testa posted on the previous page. Noone is moving along with the four Juventus players running onto the outswinging corner. The mistake was even repeated twice just after the Juventus goal... and you say it´s just unpredictbable?? Please... And I didn´t say the goal was Diakités mistake, rather it was Radu´s, but also not so important. The goal and the following set pieces just underlined the chaos and the lack of organization.

But ok, I think I recall you once announcing the arrival of a new superman in Diakité, so I suppose it´s hard to make any sense to you and the exchange of opinions might just stop here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09   

Back to top Go down

Serie A: LAZIO - JUVENTUS, Sunday 18-01-09
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next