AuthorMessage
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:42 am

So, we have just ended the first half of this season. We stand in 7th, we had a brilliant start, a dip in november-december that cost us lots, we have seen Zarate, and Carrizo, been surprised by Lichty, a defence that has not improved since last year, and a Rossi that has been closer to lose his job than before. We are above merda in the standings (which is good), but we lost the derby (which is the worse).

Let me hear your opinions on this season so far. What has been good? Bad? Do we need to improve the squad? Or are we good enough with what we have? Can we, realistically, opt for a CL-spot? Or is that just too much?
Back to top Go down
Boksic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Malta
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:21 am

Impressed by: Diakite, Lichsteiner, Zarate.
Disapointed by: Brocchi, Radu, Kolarov, Makinwa(for a change).

Our best game vs: Florentia.

Favourite goal: Zarate vs Sampdoria.

Worst disapointment after the derby: Milan and Napoli games.

Worst position in our line up: DL.

Worst moments: Zarate pissed of at being substituted, Ledesma's red card.

Best moments: Inzaghi scoring, Diakite's introduction, Leading the league.

Urgent issues: Difense doesnt trust Carrizo is alarming. No commincation between our back line since most probably none talk the same language. Carizzo (spanish), Diakite(french), Rozenhal(Czech), Radu(Romanian) this needs to be sorted out, individualy they have very good skills they need to start playing as a unit.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:35 am

With Rossi , who for me failed to take so many important games this half of a season we are Uefa Cup contenders.In every decisive games we saw so many strange decisions fro him , that I am just not able to support him anymore. Today again , we are playing like cowards in time when we had great chance to take a decisive win against injure embarrassed Juventus , strange substitutes once again .....

Of course we need reinforcement , I want one good tall player , Amauri kind of payer , and one good play maker.
In our defense IMO we have great guys , Radu , Rozhenal , Diakite , Lichtsteiner , De Silvestri, Kolarov. I really think that when our defensive rampart is concentrated we are doing well. But when we play like that , our attack suffers , because we don't have great play maker. I say , we are building a team for the future , boost these guys we have , play with them , gel them with our goalkeeper. They are improving with every game in my opinion , defensively, but they just need time to grow , there is no other way for me , if we want to develop those players...
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:17 am

Impressed by: Lichti (100%) - Zarate (80%)

Disapointed by: Carizzo (50%) - Radu (45%)

Our best game vs: Lazio v Fiorentina, what a display, should have been 8-0 or so

Favourite goal: Pandev in ET for the Coppa in San Siro kicking Milan out

Worst disapointment : losing the derby we dominated, and bringing so the Peperones back in the League, instead of Serie B nightmares

Worst moments: in Udinese trailing 3-0...

Best moments: ... and coming back to 3-3 ! Pandev in Reggina ! Zarate Kid at play

Urgent issues: defence defence defence ... and some psychology for the Zarate Kid, bad temper being substituted

Prediction : 6th spot ... but winning the Coppa !
Back to top Go down
viper
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 473
Country and city : Macedonia,Stip
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:20 am

pazke wrote:

Urgent issues: defence defence defence ... and some psychology for the Zarate Kid, bad temper being substituted

100 %
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 am

At halftime I see some clear trends.

+++

1. Ledesma is getting really important for this team.
2. Diakite has potential to become a really really good CB.
3. Rocky isnīt really as good as he used to be.
4. Licht is a bargain!!

---

1. Kolarov who?
2. Matuzalem who?
3. Foggia who?
4. Mauri why!!

Lazio needs a small revolution - question is where to start.
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:50 am

ok so i think we have a good chance to reach the 4th place, and i realy think that next season we will do a lot more better, as the new players carrizo,diakite(promoted from youth), lichy, zarate will be more used to play with the team,

i think that we dont need reinforcment at the back! ok maybe 1 Super CB would be great but iam good with diakite and rozenhal Very Happy

the real thing we need is CM, dabo, brocchi, meghni and when mauri plays cm, are just not good enough, more quality needed

Ledesma is great ===> i hope we renew

attack: we are good we have several options and subs, we only need to sell makinwa and get libor and mandicino more playing time

play foggia more !!

bounce
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:54 am

Impressed by: Lichti !!!!!!!!!

Disapointed by: In all honesty Rocchi

Our best game vs: Lazio v Fiorentina

Favourite goal: Mauri vs Palermo, Dabo vs can't remember, Zarate vs Siena freekick

Worst disapointment : first 30 mins vs Bologna

Worst moments: ^^ and baptista goal

Best moments: comeback at udinese

Urgent issues: offside traps, crossing to the box from the flank

Prediction : 5/6th spot

Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:25 am

AbedElkader wrote:
play foggia more !!
ditto
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney
Laziale since : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:03 am

Impressed by: Lichsteiner, Zarate.

Disapointed by: Carrizo, Mauri, Radu, I wouldn't consider Makinwa or Matuzalem a dissapointment, coz they rarely featured in our games.

Our best game: Lazio vs Fiorentina

Worst moment: Lost at home against Inter, Napoli, and away against Milan

Best Moment: Top of the ladder, Fiorentina's game, Udinese's game, Siena's game

Favourite goal: Zarate against Sampdoria

Urgent issues: is Delio really the man for the job??
Back to top Go down
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:05 pm

Impressed by : Mauro Zarate, Stephan Lichtsteiner

Disappointed by : Juan Pablo Carrizo, Stefan Radu

Our Best Game : Obviously Lazio-Fiorentina

Best Goal : Probably Zarateīs freekick against Siena or his wonder goal at home to Sampdoria

Best Moment : Undoutedly to hear the Curva Nord back at its best

Worst Disappointment : The Derby

Worst Game : Away to Bologna

Worst Moment : Do I need to mention Bapmerda?

Urgent issues : There are many, but to mention the two most urgent. 1. Sort out the disastrous defence. 2. Get rid of players that are not needed.

I am actually not at all disappointed with our season so far. We are currently lying in 7th position and I think thatīs pretty much what we can expect from our team. As a bonus, we are still ahead of the merde and in my honest opinion, that remains the most important thing, although I refuse to talk more about that issue until the end of the season.

The thing that brings me most joy about the team, is that we actually try to play some very positive football. Clearly that was Delio Rossiīs intention, when he finally dropped the idea of playing Mutarelli and Mudingayi along side Ledesma and instead introduced more gifted players in the midfield, like Mourad Meghni, Stefano Mauri, Francelino Matuzalem and even Ousmane Dabo and Cristian Brocchi.

How did that go? Well well... None of the above mentioned players have had an extraordinary season so far. Far from actually. But I think the more offensive set-up is allowing us to control games much better than we used to with Mutarelli/Mudingayi. Rocchi and Pandev (along with Zarate nowadays) are rarely as isolated as they used to be and generally the football we are showing today is much more entertaining.

Sometimes it costs us dearly... That is admitted. But over a long season, I think itīs worth it to play like this

Our offense is among the very best in Serie A. And that is even if Tommaso Rocchi had his season hampered by his trip to Beijing and that unfortunate injury. Actually I think Rocchi is still as competent as ever, but I am very doubtful that the current system suits him very well. Rocchi is much more efficient in a straight 4-4-2 rather than playing as a lone striker with Pandev and Zarate slightly behind him. Delio Rossi needs to find the right formula for the second part of the season and if he doesnīt, I think itīs worth considering changing Rocchi with a more physical player in the summer.

Much has been said about the defence. I think they are a catastrophe. This season itīs even more evident, because our midfield is more offensive and we donīt have Mutarelli and Mudingayi helping out with their pure defensive characteristics. The number of personal mistakes every single weekend is really eye catching. The fact that we have the 7th worst defence in Serie A is just not good enough.

I am not so much in favour of bringing in players in January, unless the situation is really demanding it like last year when we had to bring in Bianchi, Rozehnal, Radu and Dabo in order to correct things and secure our Serie A status. This year I think the January Mercato should be used to get rid of all the players that we just donīt need. Tommaso Berni, Manuel Belleri, Sebastiano Siviglia, Christian Manfredini, Fabio Firmani, Stefano Mauri, Simone Del Nero, Stephen Makinwa, Simone Inzaghi... The list could go on and on... Obviously this canīt be completed during January, but at least I hope the trimming of the squad at least could be started during this month
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Disappointed by : Stefan Radu, Tomasso rocchi after come back

Our Best Game : Lazio-Fiorentina

Best Goal : zarate penalty against milan in coppa

Best Moment : moment of being top in league

Worst Disappointment : The Derby

Worst Game : Bologhnia & inter

Worst Moment : Last night when zarate changed by delio

Urgent issues : A finisher forward as rocchi is very lower than previous, & great leader as a CB till diakite grow up

Prediction: if lottito keep delio till end, we not participate in even uefa 7or8
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Disappointed by : Carrizo

Our Best Game : Lazio-Fiorentina

Best Goal : zarate free kick

Best Moment : be in front of merda

Worst Disappointment : The Derby...cant wait for revenge

Worst Game : Inter

Worst Moment : Babmerdas goal as somebody said

Urgent issues : crossing into the box, and i am still unsure in Delio(Zarate-Foggia sub?)

Prediction: 5. we are still too young

Last edited by LazioS70 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:17 pm

Impressed by: Zarate and Lichtsteiner.

Disapointed by: Radu and Rocchi at times.

Our best game vs: Fiorentina.

Favourite goal: Zarate vs Siena, amazing free kick - and vs Sampdoria, what a goal.

Worst disapointment : the derby obviously.

Worst moments: the goal of Baptista. Zarate's reaction yesterday when substituted wasn't a pretty sight.

Best moments: Comeback in Udine, winning in Milan (Coppa), our good start to the season and being number 1 for a while there.

Urgent issues: our defence cleraly, and after last weekend learning Zarate to be an as amazing player off the pitch as on the pitch. Only then he can (and will) become a real worldclass striker. Also get rid of a bunch of players we don't need in a billion years.

Prediction : Around 6th, 7th spot.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Impressed by : Mauro Zarate, Stephan Lichtsteiner.

Disappointed by : Juan Pablo Carrizo, Sebastiano Siviglia.

Our Best Game : Lazio - Fiorentina.

Best Goal : Zarate against Samp in terms of quality but Pandev's against Milan in terms of importance.

Best Moment : Topping the standings and whipping Fiorentina.

Worst Disappointment : Derby Disaster

Worst Game : The Bologna game, no doubt about it.

Worst Moment : The final whistle against Merda.

Urgent issues : Rossi needs to find the balance and get rid of as much deadwood as we can and perhaps bring in a new face or two. I have faith in the squad and my faith in the coach is somewhat restored but we need to find the balance immediately because we have a run of fixtures that with good results will take us to the higher echelons of the table.

We could actually be much higher than 7th. Serie A is tight and if we can get on a run of form, this could be an incredibly season. We are only 12 points off the top, 4 off a Champions League spot and 1 off the UEFA Cup and we have a good draw in the Coppa. Looking at our squad now, we are potentially the 4th best team in Italy and we have to go out there and show that.
Back to top Go down
Thiago
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 214
Country and city : Brasil
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:54 pm

Impressed by : Zarate, Lichtsteiner.

Disappointed by : Delio Rossi

Our Best Game : Lazio - Fiorentina.

Worst Game : The Bologna game, no doubt about it.

Best Goal : Zarate against Samp.

Best Moment : Comeback against Udinese.

Worst Disappointment : Derby.

Goals: Coppa and UEFA cup spot.

If I look at the previous season, we aren't above or below what we expected prior to the season start. But after that marvelous start we should be in a better position...
Carrizo needs time I think, although he should go for some balls he didn't.
If we don't buy any top defender we should stick to Diakite and Rozehnal. They are gradually getting better in my opinion. Our defense is like that because Rossi keeps spliting it up. The less we change from now on, the better.
We should look for creative midfielders and a good CB as a backup.
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 329
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Trequartista wrote:
AbedElkader wrote:
play foggia more !!
ditto

Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:26 am

Impressed by: Diakite, Lichtsteiner, Zarate and Foggia.

Disappointed by: Brocchi, Kolarov, Makinwa, Carrizo and the way Lotito and Rossi treated players like Mutarelli.

Our best game: The 3-0 win over Fiorentina.

Favourite goal: Zarate against Milan (in Serie A).

Worst disappointment: The derby game loss.

Worst moments: Zarate pissed off at being substituted, red card for Ledesma in derby, not taking advantage of so many good goal scoring opportunities in all our matches really hurts and selling off Mudingayi to Bologna.

Best moments: Inzaghi scoring against Lecce, Diakite finally showing his talent, top of the league, comeback against Udinese and Pandev's hat trick against Reggina.

Suggestions: Please Rossi, play Foggia and De Silvestri more often, and Lotito - sign Veron!
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:05 am

I agree with most of what everyone's said..

another disappointment I have is our games against the big teams. Big losses to Milan and Inter, lost at home to Napoli (a bit of bad luck that one), bad game against Genoa and only drawing with Juve.

Fiorentina game is the exception but we really need to start threatening the big clubs directly if we want to make Europe.

We are good enough as we saw vs Viola, good enough to hammer them even, not sure what the issue is.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half Time!   Today at 9:52 am

Back to top Go down

Half Time!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1