Gartz
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 69
Country and city : NYC
Laziale since : 1972
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: ZA-PA-RO   Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:25 pm

It doesn't seems to have improven much...
If it doesn't work, for how long would it continue?
It reminds a bit of 97/98 season when Svennis brought in ManKo from Samp and tried three forwards (Manko playing a little behind two)with Signori, Casiraghi, R. Mancini, Boksic. Formation was not the only problem beetween Beppe (our top star until the season before) & Svennis, but Beppe eventually had to go in the middle of the season (strangly to Samp).

With the three all included I think it would be better to have Pandev & Zarate both play a little behind Rocchi (leaving Rocchi as a lone striker) with a midfield with Ledesma and put two defensive midfielder, so called X-Mas Tree formation.
That of course will requier Pandeve & Zarate work more on the upper midfield, which if both have to comes to a doubt.

I would personally prefer to choose two among them plus one comming of the bench and have 4 midfielders including Foggia playing more continuously.

It may sound a bit cruel, but I would start PA-RO-ZA until end of this month and drop one to the bench after the transfer deadline to lock them up for the rest of the season.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: ZA-PA-RO   Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:54 pm

We played the Christmas tree against Juve, didn't work all that well, Rocchi wasn't getting enough accurate passes for it to work, although Zarate did wonders on the left and I'm sure Pandev could do the same on the right. I'm just not convinced Rocchi can be the tap-in type of player like for example Luca Toni.

Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: ZA-PA-RO   Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:07 pm

I don't think this tridente works at all. WHY?

1. Pandev is playing way too passive at that position and he and Zarate seems to be in that formation Rocchi assistants but this one is not very lucky lately.
2. We must have a perfect mid in order to deliver balls to the tridente, now that's impossible.
3. If we have a bad result there is no one capable to replace the attacking line, basically we have all our best on field for the 90min.
4. Its way too attacking and when a opponent is going in contra attack he has a lot of free space.
5. In games against strong teams it can kill us.

At the end Rossi in not strong enough to make a tactic that worked and it's been 19 matches, how dumb can he be????

Thats my opinion of course fell free to debate.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: ZA-PA-RO   Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:47 pm

Sile wrote:
We played the Christmas tree against Juve, didn't work all that well, Rocchi wasn't getting enough accurate passes for it to work, although Zarate did wonders on the left and I'm sure Pandev could do the same on the right. I'm just not convinced Rocchi can be the tap-in type of player like for example Luca Toni.

Tridente can only work if the furthermost man (rocchi) can reap the benefits. At the minute, Tommaso isn't reaping the benefits and i don't feel he ever will. Ditch it, leave Tommaso out of the team and play a technical attack with Foggia, Zarate and Pandev.
Back to top Go down
Gartz
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 69
Country and city : NYC
Laziale since : 1972
Registration date : 2008-05-30

PostSubject: Re: ZA-PA-RO   Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:13 pm

Sile wrote:
I'm just not convinced Rocchi can be the tap-in type of player like for example Luca Toni.

Me neither. In that catagory Simone would be our best bet from the players we have on the bench.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZA-PA-RO   Today at 9:06 am

Back to top Go down

ZA-PA-RO
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: