HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Things couldn't get worse for Lazio after their own fans turned against them during today's training session, following Sunday's heavy 4-1 defeat at home to Cagliari.

Biancocelesti supporters turned up, but they were in no mood to keep the peace as they shouted abuse at the players. A couple of fans scaled the security fence to confront players, causing coach Delio Rossi to abandon the session as a number of stars ran for cover.

"You are a bunch of women and mercenaries," shouted one angry fan, as reported by Il Corriere Dello Sport.

One supporter even asked Aleksander Kolarov for a fight and he warned the Serbian stopper that he would be waiting for him outside the ground after training.

As tempers flared, the situation always risked getting out of hand. Rossi was quick to intervene as he tried to protect his players from what could have turned out to be a nasty scuffle.

"You are right to be annoyed but please lets calm down and we can talk about this later," Rossi told the angry fans.

The coach then calmly walked back towards the training pitch, and he told his players to carry on with their session.

Lazio were also confronted by the fans on Sunday after the match, and it is believed they blocked the team bus from leaving the stadium.

Goal.com
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:38 pm

After watching Sunday's debacle I can't say I'm surprised, but I hope it has a good effect for tomorrpw night, not an adverse one.

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:40 pm

That's typical!
I understand the fans (IRR).. Why should the come to match every weekend when the gets such a payback from the players.. They has to man up, and win the match tomorrow, and then I think that Lotito has to do something about Rossi, everybody can see that the crowd don't wants him on the bench..

That's the emotions wich comes with football, and I love the crowd for it..
Back to top Go down
Boksic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Malta
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:42 pm

This is absurd.. asking Kolarov for a fight? our own player? This is bad, we put more pressure on our own guys plus we risk more of our players being unhappy and leaving while harder to get players when we confront our players that way! No We must stay behind these guys and not tyring to abuse them in such a delicate time, I wonder how can our players prepare well for tomorrow's game while our own fans are still attacking them. No
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Their actions are justified.

In saying that, there's one brave fan out there to challenge Kolarov to a fight. Brave or stupid, can't decide.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:44 pm

I think the situation can affect the players in a good way.. Yess.. It's not smart to ask Kolarov to fight, but I think the players will look at themself and man them up for the match tomorrow..
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:48 pm

Caxi wrote:
Their actions are justified.

In saying that, there's one brave fan out there to challenge Kolarov to a fight. Brave or stupid, can't decide.

Ha ha, imagine getting a Kolarov left boot to the nuts! Embarassed

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 177
Country and city : Denmark, Gentofte
Laziale since : a long time ago...
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:38 pm

I agree with laziali, this is so stupid and idiotic... Why ask our own player for a fight, and of all players kolarov? Why not rocchi, he missed the spotkick... Anyways, i disagree with the fans in this "protest"... You dont have to invade the pitch to get your pow out... bad for our players, and bad for any incoming player...!!!
Back to top Go down
NMH
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 20
Country and city : A different planet
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:12 pm

Bunch of freaking idiots. Interrupting the training the day before the match is real smart. Challenging a player for a fight is even smarter.
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:18 pm

For all of you that have had the misfortune to read what I have written over the years at Laziomania and Xtratime you will know that I´m against such fan actions. However at this point in time where Lazio is hijacked by a lunatic I think that drastic measures are valid. What I was hoping for was a complete boycott of Lazio games - not a brawl.

Forza Lazio!
Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:29 pm

Some players that have joined Lazio recently, are not familiar with our history.

Those players should be aware that only recently, the likes of Diego Simeone, Veron, Almeyda, Salas, Stam i.e. worlds best players played for this team and they fought for it.

Now they all must do the same, as long as they wear those colors.

Those supporters who breached the training facilities do not object defeat, but they do object lack of fight and efforts.
Back to top Go down
glux
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 78
Country and city : Luxembourg and Sweden
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Of course we should go to the training ground and complain. I doubt all of our players are aware of the emotions and dedication amongst our fans, so I think it's important that we make a clear statement. On any given sunday anything can happen, win, loose, draw..that is football and I accept all outcomes of a game, as long as those guys on the pitch give their hearts and soul while wearing our colors.

However, threatening and picking fights with they guys is plain stupid.

We have a chance to bounce back a bit tomorrow, but I have my doubts. It's obvious that Sampdoria is out of form, and from my experience, all teams that are out of form, have a tendency to find their way back in games against Lazio.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:06 pm

I completly agree with you, glux! You can, win, play, and loose.. That's football.. But.. I/we can't accept when we loose because the players doesen't playn the game with there hearts! And you shall be aware of this when you sign with us..
Back to top Go down
Dejan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 274
Country and city : Serbia
Laziale since : 1900
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:21 pm

Invade training camp YES
Shouting words at the players YES
Fighting with the players BIG NO NO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:26 pm

Dejan wrote:
Invade training camp YES
Shouting words at the players YES
Fighting with the players BIG NO NO

completely agree with u Wink

but anyway totally i can not understand this job, we must be more patience against problems, we had worst than today days, but finally i think all of these adventures, delio is guilty Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:32 pm

Everybody can see that it is delio who i the problem and therefor the guilty person, with the responsebility... Sack him today and bring in Miha!
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:48 pm

The only reason behind this explosion is riomma passing us in the standings, i mean we suffered defeats from weaker teams before, i dont know why the fans are angry know, before cagliari we defeated torino and advanced in coppa , it a harsh result i know but this scale of reaction is big !
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Things couldn't getworse for Lazio after their own fans turned against them during today's
training session, following Sunday's heavy 4-1 defeat at home to
Cagliari.
Biancocelesti supporters turned up, but they were in no mood to keep
the peace as they shouted abuse at the players. A couple of fans scaled ( one 65years old)
the security fence to confront players, causing coach Delio Rossi to
abandon the session as a number of stars ran for cover.
"You are a bunch of women and mercenaries," shouted one angry fan, as reported by Il Corriere Dello Sport.
One supporter even asked Aleksander Kolarov for a fight and he
warned the Serbian stopper that he would be waiting for him outside the
ground after training.( The fan really offended him)
As tempers flared, the situation always risked getting out of hand.
Rossi was quick to intervene as he tried to protect his players from
what could have turned out to be a nasty scuffle.
"You are right to be annoyed but please lets calm down and we can talk about this later," Rossi told the angry fans.
The coach then calmly walked back towards the training pitch, and he told his players to carry on with their session.
Lazio were also confronted by the fans on Sunday after the match,
and it is believed they blocked the team bus from leaving the stadium ( FAKE!)

Guys we pass the limit!
During the match the fans shouted to Carrizo : Merda merda merda ...( U trap)
They boowed to Rocchi
They Boowed to Rossi.

I can understand that we are all upset but i can't accept that we give so much smelling as to our players!
We lost one match after 5!!!
We have 31 points!

What the hell you ( to those fans ) want?

We already known that the situation in Lazio is so fragile and delicate but we are not in the deep smelling as!
No ONE of us liked the team behavior NO ONE! But is not this the way to be so unrespectful against our players!!

We are soo good to give smelling as in the first occasion with so much anger ..are we ready to support the team in the same way when we win???

Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:59 pm

AbedElkader wrote:
The only reason behind this explosion is riomma passing us in the standings, i mean we suffered defeats from weaker teams before, i dont know why the fans are angry know, before cagliari we defeated torino and advanced in coppa , it a harsh result i know but this scale of reaction is big !

Yeah but never against weaker teams at home with 4 goals allready in the first half. It's not the first time we play without hearts in the first half, it's been a problem since Rossi came here. I totally agree with the fans, they should pick a fight with every damn player, Rossi and Lotito except Firmani. The players need yto understand that they play for Lazio, not Atalanta, Brescia or Lecce.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:04 pm

Many factors to the frustration.

1. Most Lazio fans rate our team far higher than Cagliari when in reality, we are on the same level. Losing 4-1 at the Olimpico to a team significantly worse than us (that's not the case, but it's what many believe) is shameful
2. The hardcore fans were optimistic and perhaps blinded when we were such a margin ahead of Roma that we would maintain the distance. As I've insisted over at theoffside, the shame is on Roma if they can't get a gap on us, they have resources we don't have and although we're upset that they've surpassed us, there is no shame in it, it is to be expected.

The problem with this situation is that we can use the criticism from fans and the fact Roma got ahead of us as an impetus to succeed. However, we could also look at those factors and just give up and cave in on ourselves.

What the fans should have done is bombarded Delio. Not because he is at fault (he may be, but that's not a reason), but he is the representative of the players and the fans should have voiced their opinion to him and told him to sort it out from there. I have to say, it does sound like Rossi handled the situation very well.
Back to top Go down
nando
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 58
Country and city : Montreal
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:22 pm

good these players can piss off back to hell, especially ledesma
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 pm

PDL have some footage: http://www.piazzadellaliberta.it/2009/01/27/esclusivo-il-video-della-contestazione/
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:40 pm

NMH wrote:
Bunch of freaking idiots. Interrupting the training the day before the match is real smart. Challenging a player for a fight is even smarter.
Ditto. There are civil ways to voice your disappointment. This is not civil. This is acting like a bunch of children.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Ermetico wrote:
Guys we pass the limit!
During the match the fans shouted to Carrizo : Merda merda merda ...( U trap)
They boowed to Rocchi
They Boowed to Rossi.

I can understand that we are all upset but i can't accept that we give so much smelling as to our players!
We lost one match after 5!!!
We have 31 points!

What the hell you ( to those fans ) want?

We already known that the situation in Lazio is so fragile and delicate but we are not in the deep smelling as!
No ONE of us liked the team behavior NO ONE! But is not this the way to be so unrespectful against our players!!

We are soo good to give smelling as in the first occasion with so much anger ..are we ready to support the team in the same way when we win???

Could not agree more. Those fans accuse the players of being mercenari, but treating the players in this way only shows that the fans are mercenari as well. We're on schedule, we had very bad luck against Cagliari and that's that. It's football. Get over it, and support the team. Didn't see anyone complaining after Torino or in Milan or against Reggina. We lose once and then this smelling as? Unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:11 pm

Those are real fans, the ones that live for Lazio and are hurt by the poor games...
To be honest, I think the series of bad results has several causes:
- Rossi's poor tactics...he keeps on playing the same team over and over again just because he is afraid to tell Rocchi or Zarate that he has to stay on the bench (4-4-2 works very well these days....)
- some of the players inconsistency...Carizzo, Diakhite, Kolarov, Radu, Mauri...surprisingly, they are also the ones who, together with Ledesma, seem to play without really putting the "soul" in the game
- contract talks that disturb the atmosphere....Ledesma, Pandev were post-poned while Inzaghino got a new contarct
But, to be honest, I am not so concerned...we have also real fighters: Lichtsteiner, Pandev, Rocchi, Zarate seem willing to die on the field. This is why sometimes conflicts appear (see Zarate vs Rocchi)...but this are so called good conflicts...too much enthusiasm...
One solution for all our problems:
Bring Simeone and Veron!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training   Today at 7:40 am

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Berzerk Lazio Fans Invade Training
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next