HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Who do you consider to be our best centreback?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Who do you consider our best centreback?
Rozehnal
32%
 32% [ 12 ]
Diakité
24%
 24% [ 9 ]
Cribari
21%
 21% [ 8 ]
Siviglia
18%
 18% [ 7 ]
Tuia
5%
 5% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:23 pm

It would be interesting to see who you think are our best central defender, since I've seen so many different opinions about that on the forum. Don't forget to motivate why.

Personally I don't know. I would pick Rozehnal just a month or so ago, but lately he has done so many fatal mistakes so I'm unsure.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:33 pm

Perhaps the better question would be who do you think sucks the least?
Diakite with his own-goals?
Rozehnal with his fatal mistakes?
Cribari with his "lost in space" performances?
Siviglia with his "light-speed"?
Tuia who hasn't played one minute?

I say Diakite. He's strong, passionate, bold and in your face.

Back to top Go down
Gćst

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:36 pm

Yeah.. It's also diffecult to deside and can remember the same situation you have Henrik.. Rozehnal was my first choice but then he started playing very ups and down and made some personal mistakes.. So right now I choosed Cribari, but in a month it can be that I turn around and picks Diakité... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:30 pm

Diakite is our best and will be one of the best defenders in whole of europe, just needs time to mature, stop making mistakes, and learn to control his passes a bit more.

In terms of pace, air challenge, and body balance he is better then rozenhal and cribari, but he still lacks the tactical mind because of his young age.

Rozenhal and Cribari are the same, they flip flop with their performances. But overall they good for what we can get from the market.

Sivilgia is game over.

Tuia , if he didnt break through to first team, i dont think he will be a seria A material, maybe he will be loaned to some seria B team, and then sold off, we only need to see him play, rate him and judge.
( p.s: the friendly against liverpool he played for a while he was awful i dont know)

Edit: I just want to add, if standardo was there i would pick him first

Last edited by AbedElkader on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:34 pm

The fact Diakite is winning this poll is absolutely ridiculous. Perhaps he is our most talented defender, but he has been solely at fault for at least 4 goals this season and he's played how many games? Definitely not Diakite, not yet at least.

For me, it's Cribari. Last season was dreadful but even last season he looked like Nesta in comparison to a certain Rozehnal at Newcastle. Siviglia is too old and Serie B standard to be honest and Tuia is just making up numbers in this poll. Cribari wins by default.

The BIG problem Cribs has is that sometimes he tends to forget about his own duties and start compensating for his partner's laziness. For example, if there is a high ball to be won in the air and the other defender decides not to deal with it but to cover the goal instead, Emilson looks at it and thinks "I'm going to get to that ball" and inevitably he doesn't, leaves a big gap in defence and the opposition scores.

If you can put him alongside a no-nonsense, "I'll deal with everything" type of guy, he would excel.

Cribari is decisive but makes bad decisions.
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 pm

My vote goes to Rozenhal. Mistakes as of late, but I suppose I simply feel better with him at the back than anyone else. Diakite's up there, as you guys said, he's a passionate player, but he's made his share of errors as well.
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 329
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:59 pm

Who vote for Sivigla?! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:55 pm

Laziale`` wrote:

Better yet who voted for Tuia and where and when did he/she see him play?

Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:58 pm

Why has delio never used Radu as a center back, he might actually find himself if he plays his original position. When we got radu, we were in the market for a center back, and thats what he actually played. no?
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:02 am

valdanito_10 wrote:
Why has delio never used Radu as a center back, he might actually find himself if he plays his original position. When we got radu, we were in the market for a center back, and thats what he actually played. no?

What I was about to write...

The best we have is probably Rozenhal...and that says a lot about the quality in our central defence...
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:12 am

I know Radu's first position is central defender, but since Delio never let him play there I didn't include him in this poll.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:12 am

Sile wrote:
Laziale`` wrote:

Better yet who voted for Tuia and where and when did he/she see him play?

As there are 2 votes now for Tuia, this can be easily explained.

One of the voters is Tuia himself.

The other voter is the same person who voted Makinwa to be top scorer in a similar poll earlier in the season.
Back to top Go down
Boksic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Malta
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:32 am

Cribari... for me, the only guy who is close to be called a defender, courageous, strong, dominant and is not that slow can put a tackle in.. he might suffer a bit from concentration but that's the only weakness I can see in him, he's the most complete defender we have. Last season it was a disaster for him, but with Balotta and Siviglia around him who would have performed? for some reason whenever Rossi chooses Cribari to play he always fields Siviglia next to him, Cribari is not the fastest around and with Siviglia next to him we expose him.. Siviglia can't cover for Cribari in case he has a lapse in concentration, he's way to slow. I want to see Cribari performing next to Diakite.. I think that would be successful.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:15 am

Henrik wrote:
I know Radu's first position is central defender, but since Delio never let him play there I didn't include him in this poll.

Did you vote? Because when you made the poll you stated that alongside the vote (which you did not cast immediately since my vote was the first) should be an explanation why (which you didn't give so far). Who do you think is the best?

Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:34 am

Wow! How can Diakite be winning? He is a good prospect but the amount of mistakes he is making makes it impossible for him to be considered our best. It seems like we only have one CB sometimes when he plays because he gets so lost, Rozehnal has to work overtime.

I vote for Cribari, but let's face it, we don't have a great choice!

Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 79
Country and city : Lithuania, Vilnius

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:32 am

Caxi wrote:
The fact Diakite is winning this poll is absolutely ridiculous. Perhaps he is our most talented defender, but he has been solely at fault for at least 4 goals this season and he's played how many games? Definitely not Diakite, not yet at least.

For me, it's Cribari. Last season was dreadful but even last season he looked like Nesta in comparison to a certain Rozehnal at Newcastle. Siviglia is too old and Serie B standard to be honest and Tuia is just making up numbers in this poll. Cribari wins by default.

The BIG problem Cribs has is that sometimes he tends to forget about his own duties and start compensating for his partner's laziness. For example, if there is a high ball to be won in the air and the other defender decides not to deal with it but to cover the goal instead, Emilson looks at it and thinks "I'm going to get to that ball" and inevitably he doesn't, leaves a big gap in defence and the opposition scores.

If you can put him alongside a no-nonsense, "I'll deal with everything" type of guy, he would excel.

Cribari is decisive but makes bad decisions.

Agree mostly. Diakite might have a great potential, but obviously he has been making a huge number of mistakes in recent matches. Maybe it would be a good idea to loan him out to get some expierence. I previously thought we should continue playing him but more and more it looks as a mistake.

I'm not yet decided on Rozehnal. He might be very good in one match but very poor in another. Not fan of him so far though, when you see him play there's always the feeling he might screw up.

Siviglia isn't the fastest or the most able in the world (understament of course), but at least he doesn't make stupid mistakes. And I don't think being too old qualifies as a bad thing for a defender, sometimes even vice versa, because expierence matters a lot in this position. Seba' might be old and retire in a year or two but that doesn't mean he can't be better (at defending) than others.

So it's between him and Cribari for me, but probably Cribari would win because he's the more complete player.

But to be honest I think it doesn't matter too much who's the best one, because football is teamplay and a centre-back also relies on his partner, as well as full backs and even a goalkeeper. Since we don't have a defender who's head above the others any of the four (Tuia of course not included) could play. The big problem is to find which two work together best.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 am

Cribari
Siviglia
Diakite'
Rozehnal

in that order. I prefer Siviglia and Cribari together. Diakite' would be OK alongside Cribari or Siviglia but playing him alongside Rozehnal with his lack of idea at the back is not good for such an inexperienced player.

Siviglia is slow but he knows what he's doing. Makes the least mistakes of any CB we have. Plus he's cynical, we need some one like him there at the moment. He is coming to the end of his time though.

Considering how bad we were on the weekend, Cribari came on and did OK.

Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:46 am

I voted Siviglia.

For his aggressiveness which is very important in Serie A.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:40 pm

This is evidence that on this forum some are not long term fans.
How in hell can Diakite lead when he is played like 5 games and Cribari, Sivigla and Roze played more then 2 seasons. Agreed about the potential and everything but c'mon guys.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Jofo wrote:
This is evidence that on this forum some are not long term fans.
How in hell can Diakite lead when he is played like 5 games and Cribari, Sivigla and Roze played more then 2 seasons. Agreed about the potential and everything but c'mon guys.

Well the question was "now" not last season or the one before that, as I don't bloody care if Cribari had a wonderful season 2005/06 if he makes us lose games this season. And the performance on the pitch by Diakite was great if you disregard the terrible luck he had on 2 occasions. He may not be the best we have but the argument that he just joined us and had a few games is not valid.

Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:55 pm

For season 2008/09 I see Rozehnal as our best centre back.

He does make some mistakes but at least he is pretty consistent and can lead quite well at times and has had some very solid displays. He is also pretty fast and tackles well although as some have mentioned, he sometimes plays as if he is still in the EPL with Newcastle.

For me the option was between Rozehnal and Cribari.

Cribari this season has done well but since seasons 2005 to 07' he has not been the same. When Peruzzi was in goal and Siviglia was younger, they formed an incredible partnership (I think 2006/07 Lazio had 3rd best defensive record in Serie A) and terrorised attackers but since that season he has not played the same. He definitely has the quality and talent to do well and if Lazio had a top defender (like a Nesta, Couto or Stam) next to him, then Cribari would really excel and get his confidence up.

Unfortunately Siviglia is not getting any younger so is getting less game time (which I am annoyed about because he is my favourite Lazio player along with Foggia Very Happy but more importantly is that even though the guy is not Speedy Gonzales he can still defend, mark and tackle players and has valuable experience which is needed) and so when Cribari has to play he is paired with a different partner and the communication is not at its best. As a result he under performs and so Rossi subs him and so obviously Delio sees David and Mobido a better partnership for Lazio - at least until now.

I think if Lotito brought in someone like Ayala from Zaragoza then it would make a big difference for Emilson to be paired next to such a great player and he would surely get his confidence up and perform better. With Ayala in the centre of defense I think any defender would feel comfortable next to him and the defense would function better.

Overall I see Cribari as Lazio's best centre back but Rozehnal has done a pretty good job so far this season and has formed a decent partnership with Diakite - and so for this season I believe David is the best Lazio has.

Also, if Radu is naturally a central defender, then why doesn't Mister give him a chance to play there?
Back to top Go down
Magnoem
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 79
Country and city : Lithuania, Vilnius

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:07 am

Bobbi wrote:

Also, if Radu is naturally a central defender, then why doesn't Mister give him a chance to play there?

Is he? Before he signed him I thought he was, but after seeing him play he looks more of a left back. Well at least he's very left footed
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:09 am

No matter what, our defence sucks. It is not only a matter of good or bad CBs, but our complete defensive game holds Serie C class...
Back to top Go down
florinel#1
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 11
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:32 am

i'm new, so hello first :P

to stay on topic, Radu did very well as left back, but maybe he can do better in center...rozenhal played good, but i think we need to look for a top quality stopper...we need someone like Stam...with this defence, our only chance to reach Europe is the Cup...we are close, but close is not enough...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who do you consider to be our best centreback?   Today at 9:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Who do you consider to be our best centreback?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: