HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 393
Country and city : Australia,Melbourne
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:43 am

Gentlemen,

It has been publicised as below :

http://www.goal.com/en/news/698/lazio/2009/02/04/1092461/diego-simeone-ponders-lazio-coaching-position

A laziale through and through...He knows success at Lazio...He loves the club..He is a fighter..He oozes passion for goodsake!!!! Bring back the passion that was in the first half of the season because I can see that the passion on the field is gone and in my humble opinion this is due to the coach...

Does Rossi have the players respect?

Cholo can step up..he knows the environment the Serie A is in, being able to adapt isnt a concern..

He has at least led Estudiantes to their first title in 23 years!!! He knows great argentinian talent and can be of great benefit to us both us a motivator for our current youngsters and act as a scout for great argentinian talent in Primera Division...

If Lotito signed on Simeone i would be wrapped..
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:07 am

El Cholo is one of my favourite Lazio players ever for the same reasons u listed and he must one day stand on the lazio touchline

but I dont think he's ready yet. He led River Plate to last place and hasn't got any experience as a manager in Italy.

if he comes ill sing SIMEO SIMEO SIMEONE with the rest of the curva but purely for tactical reasons there are better options

having said that it seems likely that Lotito will not renew Delio's contract so we should be actively looking for a new boss

Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:49 am

El Cholooo, what a fantastic player he was. Maybe as a choch too?
Forza forza!
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney
Laziale since : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:55 pm

It depends on Lotito to be honest. I know the reason why we keep Delio Rossi until (at least) the end of this season. Rossi's contract expires this June, had Lotito fired him today, he would have to pay compensation for Rossi.. that's why we (Lotito) keeping them... And also we're still on course to win (or at least make it to the final) Copa Italia, and still within 6 points from 6th places, not too bad considering we had 3 losses in a row..

As for a new coach, I would personally like Simeone among others (Papadopolou, Giampaolo, Acori, Mihajlovic), maybe Mazzari, but highly unlikely he'll join us next season. Why? He has passion, he could motivate players, although he hasn't got any experience coaching any Serie A team, but I personally think he would well..

If Lotito wants to please Curva Nord (which I doubt), then Simeone should/would be the coach for us next season.
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:25 pm

We are half 10 in the table, maybe we give him these couple of months to get used to calcio, itīs not like he doesnt know his italian football.

River playing the way they did last season was not Simeones faulty, lets not forget he did make them champions the season before, and then suddenly relegated, there is something more to that.

Maybe Angeleri coming back is linked with him joining us, just maybe eh, maybe that also includes Veronīs return.

We need someone with character, someone who will respect our colors and knows what it means to play for la Lazio!

Im never going to say I want Fiore top bet us, but maybe a defeat will get us rid of Rossi.
Back to top Go down
Forza Lazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 248
Country and city : London, UK
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Lotito, I know you're one big motherf*cker, but if you love Lazio at least by 1%, bring SIMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kurama_SSLazio
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 827
Country and city : Romania, Bucharest
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:58 pm

When i hear this stuff with "he`s not ready yet" i feel like i`m one step closer in banging my head to a wall. Does Lazio looks now like a team with a coach WHO IS READY ??? FOR CHRIST SAKE !!
Delio Rossi is ready.. but Simeone no. Right..he`s ready to bring us to serie be closer and closer.

FORZA DIEGO
Back to top Go down
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 393
Country and city : Australia,Melbourne
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:32 am

Kurama_SSLazio wrote:
When i hear this stuff with "he`s not ready yet" i feel like i`m one step closer in banging my head to a wall. Does Lazio looks now like a team with a coach WHO IS READY ??? FOR CHRIST SAKE !!
Delio Rossi is ready.. but Simeone no. Right..he`s ready to bring us to serie be closer and closer.

FORZA DIEGO

Looks like the tribe has spoken!!!

I wanted to test everyone out and its a test to see if you are a laziale...to say that simeone isn't ready is ridiculous..completely ridiculous..

He has so much knowledge of the serie a...and world football..it is a ridiculous statement..

i agree with all my fellow supporters...diego is our man
Back to top Go down
Mirjalovic
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 53
Country and city : Kutaraja-Rome
Laziale since : Ketika gw sadar langit berwarna biru

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:21 pm

I heard Lotito prefers Mazzari than Simeone,,

oh well,,,Mazzari just like Delio Rossi,,he is just an average coach..

I think will be good,,if simeone handling us,,handling Lazio's youngsters,,will be existing..

we need someone,,who have great reputation in Lazio
Back to top Go down
drazvan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 268
Country and city : Netherlands
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:31 pm

Simeone is great, but if he comes I see him only as Rossi's assistant....and maybe then after 1-2 years as full coach...don't forget that Serie A is the championship with best trainers in the world. It's not easy to come from Argentina and lead a Serie A club.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:57 pm

drazvan wrote:
Simeone is great, but if he comes I see him only as Rossi's assistant....and maybe then after 1-2 years as full coach...don't forget that Serie A is the championship with best trainers in the world. It's not easy to come from Argentina and lead a Serie A club.

I know what you're saying but it's not like he's never been in Italy. He knows how our league works, I think he would do well. Would love to see Mazzari.

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 177
Country and city : Denmark, Gentofte
Laziale since : a long time ago...
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Simeone: One Day I Will Coach Atletico Madrid

http://www.goal.com/en/news/585/argentina/2009/03/17/1160284/simeone-one-day-i-will-coach-atletico-madrid

"To say no to a team so important like Atletico Madrid would be disrespectful, because I identify myself with Atletico and I have always been very certain of this," said Simeone

I thought his heart was with lazio? Guess i was wrong!
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:17 pm

CaptainLazio wrote:
Simeone: One Day I Will Coach Atletico Madrid

http://www.goal.com/en/news/585/argentina/2009/03/17/1160284/simeone-one-day-i-will-coach-atletico-madrid

"To say no to a team so important like Atletico Madrid would be disrespectful, because I identify myself with Atletico and I have always been very certain of this," said Simeone

I thought his heart was with lazio? Guess i was wrong!

I don't think there is any doubt about his loyalty to Lazio but you need to remember he is looking for a job and until Lazio ask him he isn't going to say no to other teams. We all know he has ties with Athletico anyway so I'm not too bothered by this.

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : England, Sussex
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:01 am

diego would be a great motivator, but im not sure tactically in this league. Maybe he should do what mancini and mihajlovic both did before becoming senior coaches and be an assistant coach. He would learn a lot, look at mihajlovic. Bologna look a solid team now more often than not and will probably avoid relegation because of his imput, and Di Vaios also of course.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:32 am

lazio365 wrote:
diego would be a great motivator, but im not sure tactically in this league. Maybe he should do what mancini and mihajlovic both did before becoming senior coaches and be an assistant coach. He would learn a lot, look at mihajlovic. Bologna look a solid team now more often than not and will probably avoid relegation because of his imput, and Di Vaios also of course.

A coach who has already won 2 championships would not accept a role as assistant manager. I would be ok with him joining in the summer, who knows.

PostSubject: Re: Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!   Today at 2:57 am

Back to top Go down

Diego Simeone - Take charge of our Lazio!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1