Thiago
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 214
Country and city : Brasil
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:41 am

Well, since these tough moments lately have heated the discussions here, I think it would be great if everyone expressed the beginning of your history with Lazio. Maybe we can understand better one another and it would remind us WHY WE ARE HERE!

Let me start.

I was 9-years-old, it was 1998, I never followed European championships (just saw some games on tv because of the famous players). I only followed the Brazilian league. But then I saw in one football magazine a picture of two Lazio players, don't remember exactely who were them. I think it was Vieri and Salas. I didn't know who they were back there but that jersey called my attention, it was so beautiful, the sky blue. Now this is more than a club to me. It's part of my life. Serie A is now priority over the Brazilian league hahaha Next step was asking my mum a Lazio jersey. I've found only a XL jersey from 96' season. But I wanted it anyway! And now I'm really glad I have it.

hahaha cheers
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 am

I dnt have a good story, just this

frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney
Laziale since : 1996

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Thiago wrote:
WHY WE ARE HERE!

Signori made me cheers
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:40 pm

It was back in '99, I was at my grandma and grandpa's to watch calcio with my dad and his brother. And my dad told me that the team in beautiful, skyblue dresses had a coach who was Swede... It's how it's started and now Lazio means everything to me.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:57 pm

cause I saw a game in 98 or 99 and we kicked milan's ass .. my bro is a milanista so.. FORZA LAZIO! :)
Back to top Go down
pazke
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2192
Country and city : Belgio
Laziale since : 1989

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:46 pm

the first time is saw Lazio was at the end of 1989, when the local news showed some footage of the game and the troubles around Flaminio before the game, it was a 1-1 draw away from home ... since then Lazio kept stuck in my mind, THE name, THE great colours, THE passion of the fans and also due to RAI television arriving on our cable, made it easy to follow Lazio week after week

from 1992 till 1994 I have worked with a lot of Italians in Greece (Rhodes) and I always showed my alliance to Lazio, and the Italians always respected that, even if they were 90% for Milan/Inter/Juve ... 10/04/1993, Lazio v Foggia, my first game ... the rest is history
Back to top Go down
Mafalda
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 628
Country and city : Chile, Santiago
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:43 pm

I dont even remember the names of the players but when a chilean channel started to show the calcio's games i saw a blue sky team, sometimes yellow that fought in every single game. I dont remember if the won or not, but I liked their play style and some year after Salas arrived to Lazio.
Before that I liked Lazio, after Salas i became a supporter now im a fanatic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zrc
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 176
Country and city : Slovenia, Jesenice

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:33 am

Cause of my neighbour, friend, I can also call him my "mentor".. He is a couple of years older then I... I just look up to him, he was I mean he still IS a great guy. Someday in about more then 11 years ago we were talking about football transfers, in that age (I was about 10 years old) kid my age didnt so "sunk" into the football world at least I didnt, ok I watched some mayor competitions maybe, my main game was simply to play and enjoy football Wink to get back to the story.. we were watching some football transfers back then in some sports magazine we had and we noticed some article on Mihajlovic and Stankovic moving to Lazio from Red Star. And I knew about both of them cause as I said so, I watched only maybe EC and WC, and I was a fan of ex Yugoslavia team:) and I knew some players..and theres the connection:) When I got older I started to get more involved in football world, starting to watch more and more matches, especially Serie A.. even then I somehow noticed, felt that Lazio is a special team, they play different then others, the supporters they have.. and they just grew into my heart... After we won the Scudetto in 2000, when our results were s l o w l y dropping I admit I have some doubts to "move on" to "break up" with Lazio and find another club... But I simply could not do that, how can I explain that dont know how..Lazialita was already deep inside me I guess.. nowadays so called "glory hunters" are people I couldnt stand. Now in 2009, I dont care where my Lazio plays in Serie Z for that matter, Im not willing to give up un Lazio for anything. Sempre non mollare mai!
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:57 am

Mine is simple like Testa, all my family originate from Picinisco which is around 80k south of Rome deep in Regione Lazio. So I started supporting them when I got into football which was during Italia 90 and started watching limited games on Italian satellite.

In 1992 Channel 4 answered my prayers and started Football Italia and the very first game shown on a Sunday afternoon in the UK was Lazio 3-3 Sampdoria. I was hooked then on after.

Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:32 am

Channel 4 and their calcio coverage got me into Italian football. The norm here is to be a Manchester United and Celtic fan or be a rival Liverpool fan. I preferred to support what I watched.

Lazio just stood out, something about the team was just much more magnificent than anything else. Come the days of Almeyda and Conceicao, I was proud to support and love a team full of special people and I know Lazio has changed since then but the club, the fans, the players are still special to me.

The internet has served only to further my love. Now I can be an intense fanatic.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:13 pm

I didn't write on this coz I just can't find the right words to describe it. Instead I found this video and honestly It make my cry.

Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:57 am

Most football fans in NZ are English team supporters because their family is from England and have roots in supporting that particular team or because it is the league which is most shown on TV here. There are quite a few Barca and Real fans and a few 'big' Italian ones too (like Juve, Inter and Milan).... I always liked Barca and still do, and also Liverpool - but nothing close to how I love Lazio!

It was season 1999/00 when we first got SKY TV at our house I could actually watch football games on ESPN live from Italy, Holland and Scotland. The Italian league really caught my eye. The players, emotions, passion, everything was incredible - better than any I had ever seen before. They showed a lot of Juventus and the Milan teams but also Lazio. I saw a game or two and started liking them immediately with players like Salas, Veron, Nesta, Simeone, etc, so I had a special feeling towards Lazio at the time. Then a few weeks later I saw live the Juventus vs Lazio match. The commentators were saying how well both teams have done this season and that Juve were ahead in the race but in recent weeks Lazio have come back and that this match could be vital in determining the winner of Serie A.

The commitment, love and passion that the Lazio players were showing was unbelievable. Fighting for every ball, creating chances, not giving up. Then came the Simeone headed goal around the hour mark. Before Diego even jumped for the ball, I stood up with a big smile on my face (I still remember) and then he headed the ball past Van der Sar. 1-0 Lazio away. I jumped, screamed, I was very happy and the players were running around celebrating and you could see how much that goal meant to them. I will never forget that moment. At the end of the match when it ended 1-0 I was hooked and started supporting Lazio from that day on! A few weeks later and Lazio won the Scudetto! Very Happy

FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nomade
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 233
Country and city : Alexandria, Egypt

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:56 pm

At first there was a player, but then I got into a community, one that got me to perceive the passion, the eagle spirit. One that lead me step by step into being a Laziale, no matter who plays, no matter what the results should be, it doesn't matter if I can't even watch, there'll be always a radio streaming a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon or a live score, a biancoceleste kit will come out of the closet. Even when I drift and can no longer follow as close as I used to, there'll be a couple of hours every week. There'll be screams, a non mollare mai, a forza lazio...

I am a Laziale, because there is a soul and there is life in this...
Back to top Go down
glux
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 78
Country and city : Luxembourg and Sweden
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:40 pm

My first Lazio memory is Beppe Signori, and I have always told people who ask, that he is the reason why I started to support this team.
As the years flew by I realized that I would have found Lazio anyway, it's almost indescribable.

My love for Lazio can only be explained through this story.
My parents both left Sarajevo, Yugoslavia for Stockholm, Sweden in the early seventies. I was born in Sweden, by Bosnian parents, with Muslim religion. In Sweden I was considered an immigrant, in Yugoslavia I was the Swedish guy. You could say that my identity crisis started straight away.

Then the war started and all of a sudden I was no longer from Yugoslavia, but from Bosnia, and being Bosnian Muslim was a way I was told to indentify my self.
The problem was that I could never identfy my self through any of these things. How could I relate to Bosnia/Yugoslavia, when I had grown up in Sweden? I only spent my summer holidays over there..How could I be Swedish, when I didn't look Swedish and was by my surrounding Swedish friends never seen upon as a Swede? My view of religion was not like described in the holy books, so I could not call my self a Muslim either.

Also, there were a lot more Serbians and Croats in Sweden than there were Bosnians, so where ever I turned I somehow found my self belonging to a minority.
My best moments as a child were when I watched the old Yugoslav national team play football, basketball, etc... those where the moments I loved, moments I felt I belonged to something. But that remained only distant memories..

Then I met Lazio. Probably sounds stupid, but she made me grow, mature. The more I loved her, the more confident I became as a person. She gave me the tools to fill a hole I had in my soul. All that love and passion that I had kept inside me, could now be directed at her, I felt that I belonged to something.
Lazio is just like life..it gives you everything you can expect by being alive...joy, happiness, sadness, agony, hope..you know what I mean?
Lazio tests your love and loyalty all the time. You get to learn things about your self through her, things that a Juve or Milan supporter never can understand. You become strong and the NON MOLLARE MAI becomes a part of your DNA.

So sure, to keep it short I could say Beppe is the reason, but I know destiny brought me to her...
Back to top Go down
Djokovic
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 68
Country and city : Canada, Toronto
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:10 am

Once you go skyblue, you never go back.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:42 am

Jofo wrote:
I didn't write on this coz I just can't find the right words to describe it. Instead I found this video and honestly It make my cry.

that's a f**** brilliant video!!!!!!!! great find Jofo

for me the most special Lazio days came even before Cragnotti

an appropriate choice of song too.... that song has always reminded me of Lazio Very Happy

Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Yes that is a great video. Is it Jovanotti singing?

Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : singapore
Laziale since : 1992

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 am

frederick wrote:
Thiago wrote:
WHY WE ARE HERE!

Signori made me cheers

It was the season of 92/93. Lazio were playing Inter at the Olimpico. It was on television and i happened to be watching it by chance. Signori received a pass from midfield. Dribbled past 3 defenders including Beppe Bergomi and took a wicked left footer that buries into the net.

It was his 1st season for lazio. And yes, he made me a Lazio fan.

P.S: i had a cut that day from a fall. The blood that was ozzing out was White and Blue.
Back to top Go down
NonMollareMai
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : singapore
Laziale since : 1992

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:16 am

frederick wrote:
Thiago wrote:
WHY WE ARE HERE!

Signori made me cheers

It was the season of 92/93. Lazio were playing Inter at the Olimpico. It was on television and i happened to be watching it by chance. Signori received a pass from midfield. Dribbled past 3 defenders including Beppe Bergomi and took a wicked left footer that buries into the net.

It was his 1st season for lazio. And yes, he made me a Lazio fan.

P.S: i had a cut that day from a fall. The blood that was ozzing out was White and Blue.
Back to top Go down
Ivan
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 256
Country and city : Croatia, Zagreb
Laziale since : 2001

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:38 pm

Jofo wrote:

What a great video! I've seen and listened to it so many times over the last two weeks. Definitely one of my favorite Youtube videos so far.
The author has done an amazing job at putting together the special moments of our history with the song and just seeing Nesta lift that trophy... seems so unreal.
I haven't heard this Jovanotti song before so that's a great find as well.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:03 am

Every time I watch it, it makes me more proud of our great history and the roller coaster times which we as Laziale all share and experience. Its such a beautiful video.... Crying or Very sad

FORZA S.S. LAZIO 1900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:31 pm

Because they were the best team in the world in my childhood, and when they travelled to Copenhagen (my city) to play against the capitals team, FC Copenhagen I was convinced that Lazio was my team..
They actually lost that game 1-2, but won 4-0 or was it 4-1 in the second leg and qualified for the Champions League..

I was 9 years at that time (sep. 2001), and ever since I have supported them, and now I have become an staff member on the Lazio site in Denmark (home country).. cheers
Back to top Go down
Centurion
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 4
Country and city : Denmark, Copenhagen
Laziale since : 1983
Registration date : 2009-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:37 pm

It was in 1983.

A very young Michael Laudrup joined Lazio.

Danish television did a story about Laudrup and Preben Elkjær, and i was about 8 years old at that moment.

What I saw was a lot of Lazio fans making a tifo for the next match and talking about Laudrup, and I was surprised to se how many fans there were supporting their team, and at that time Lazio were playing very bad, but the fans were still there.

And from that moment on I was a Laziale
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:50 pm

Centurion wrote:
It was in 1983.

A very young Michael Laudrup joined Lazio.

Danish television did a story about Laudrup and Preben Elkjær, and i was about 8 years old at that moment.

What I saw was a lot of Lazio fans making a tifo for the next match and talking about Laudrup, and I was surprised to se how many fans there were supporting their team, and at that time Lazio were playing very bad, but the fans were still there.

And from that moment on I was a Laziale

Welcome Centurion, nice story!

Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 15
Country and city : USA
Laziale since : 2008
Registration date : 2009-03-17

PostSubject: Why I will always support Lazio.....   Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:36 pm

I got a story about how lazio became my team! First I want to introduce my self my name is George and I am from America. I did not know much about lazio before I bought tickets to the 'LazioVRoma' game on Wednesday March 19, 2008. I bought the tickets because I am a fan of football in general and really want to see a match (I was in for a treat!). Once we got off the tram my heart started pounding I could hear the stadium roaring while crossing the bridge. In the beginning of the game they released a banner of Gabriele Sandri and the fans were overwhelmed. At this point I realized Lazio was more then just a football team, it was a lifestyle……Once the game was about to begin I was amazed by how much passion Lazio fans had during the whole game, by the end of the game me, my gf, and friend were all chanting ‘roma merda!!’ haha, One thing that stuck me the most was after we won (3-2 in stoppage…..forza behrami!) a grandmother(she had to be like 102!) and grandson were both crying and hugging one another because they were so happy, it was unbelievable….SS Lazio gave me my first and I think best football experience that I will ever have and I will always support them and thank them for that!!

Last edited by LazioCheers43 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you support Lazio?   Today at 7:56 am

Back to top Go down

Why do you support Lazio?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next