AuthorMessage
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:26 pm

That's because 34% gets you nowhere. You get your say but ultimately the person who owns 50% +1 share is calling the shots. And if Lotito suspects you've bought 34% in an attempt to stifle his business, well, then that's just a very poor investment.

Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:04 pm

Yes, Lazio is not investable. It's not like anybody can buy share after share and reach a majority. As Sile said, Lotito has the power for as long as he wants it. While he has that power, nobody wants to touch minor shares; it's a buy-out or nothing.

In the rather unlikely event that he does to go to jail, it still wouldn't be a solution as I don't think he would relinquish the 50% majority for as long as he is able to do so.

The only real solution is for someone to stump a huge amount of cash and buy Lotito out but the only reason anybody would do that is if they wanted to take Lazio off the market permanently and use the club to make money. That's what Lotito is doing but for me, it's a case of better the devil you know...
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:36 pm

but still no one came out to say they want Lazio, ofc 34% doesn't get you anywhere but it's a start
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
but still no one came out to say they want Lazio, ofc 34% doesn't get you anywhere but it's a start

But it's not a start and that's the key; unless someone can buy out Lotito, that 34% is worthless unless the club increases in value dramatically; which is not going to happen for quite a while and probably until Lotito disappears...
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 624
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:20 am

Just out of curiosity.... What would the club be worth on the market (Including Lotito's shares and all minor stake holders) if someone was to make a complete ownership bid?
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:42 am

250 million € is Lotito's asking price for his share plus the others can choose to sell their shares at market value which would rise substantially but people are greedy and they can value their share at any price they choose. The trick that someone needs 90% at which point the rest are obligated to sell at market value, kind of a double edge sword for the minority shareholders.

Lotito's asking price is deliberately too high to warn off people.

Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:30 pm

Sile wrote:
250 million € is Lotito's asking price for his share

Where did you read that?
lotito has never said that there is a price, he always said he does not want to sell, he always refused even talking about selling Lazio.

The club value on the stock market, currently, is around 24 millions euro.
But to lotito, it's worth much much more than that since he is using Lazio to speculate over his lands.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:55 am

I honestly don't remember where and when I read that, but that statement is vivid in my mind.

Market value of shares is one thing, actual value is another. If Lotito decided to sell all of the players that would be somewhere around 80 million for all of them. Plus all the things that can not be sold easily but are an inseparable part of SS Lazio. But that's a pointless discussion. The fact is Lotito will not sell and if someone wanted to buy the club he would have to pay much much more than the market value of Lotito's shares.

Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:54 am

Sile wrote:
I honestly don't remember where and when I read that, but that statement is vivid in my mind.

I'm sure if lotito had fixed a price, Lazio fans by now would have already started collecting the money Very Happy

We all know that stock market value might differ from the actual value of the club. I was answering to Kris.
However you are on the wrong track since you considered only assets, but no liabilities (and we have more than zero). And in any case, it is now clear that lotito is using Lazio for his speculative plan over the lands in Tiberina: potentially, a profit that's 20 times Lazio actual value.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:35 pm

Hey Conn, do you know how much debt is left for Lazio to pay? I need an update on the issue Wink
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 386
Country and city : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:37 pm

Obviously I'm not Conn and hopefully he or anoyne else can present more updated numbers, but the figure I saw - regarding the debt to the tax office - was 85 million. Still left to be paid that is. And that was in the beginning of summer.
Back to top Go down
Nesta_Jr
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 209
Country and city : Sweden, Stockholm
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:08 pm

El Weninho wrote:
Obviously I'm not Conn and hopefully he or anoyne else can present more updated numbers, but the figure I saw - regarding the debt to the tax office - was 85 million. Still left to be paid that is. And that was in the beginning of summer.

And what was this figured in the beginning - i mean when we were close to bankruptcy/when lotito bought the club?
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:51 am

Exactly. As Johan said, the amount still to be paid to the Inland revenue, according to the famous tax-deal, was about 85 millions in May 2009.

It is still 85 millions, since the yearly payment takes place in April.

When lotito signed the agreement, Lazio had about 140 millions debt to the Inland revenue. Lazio committed to pay this amount (and the interest on it) in 23 years, with a yearly payment of about 6 millions, with only 2 exceptions (Lazio committed to a first payment of 8 million and a 12 million payment in 2009).
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:55 am

Nesta_Jr wrote:
El Weninho wrote:

And what was this figured in the beginning - i mean when we were close to bankruptcy/when lotito bought the club?

According to Sergio Cragnotti it was more then 150 million euro in june 2004. According to him, it was 67,5 millions when he was forced to leave and transformed into that amount (150) under the control of Capitalia.
Back to top Go down
El Weninho
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:57 am

Ah, there you are, Ale! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Any news about the case of Lotito going to jail?

When do Lazio has to choose a new president, I'm looking forward for that date...

Or is it not like in Spain where the president only can be in charge for a 3 og 4 year periode and maximum be chosed for to "charge-periods"?
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:24 pm

As long as he has the majority of shares he will be president. And that's not about to change soon. Lazio and laziali choose nothing in this matter.

Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:26 pm

Laziali wrote:

When do Lazio has to choose a new president, I'm looking forward for that date...

Or is it not like in Spain where the president only can be in charge for a 3 og 4 year periode and maximum be chosed for to "charge-periods"?

It is not like Spain. Those clubs are like that because the "members" or "socios" elect the President. The President does not own the club. Lotito own the majority stake in Lazio so he will be President until he is not majority holder or he has someone else be President for him lik Moratti did with Fachetti.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Sile wrote:
As long as he has the majority of shares he will be president. And that's not about to change soon. Lazio and laziali choose nothing in this matter.

Ohh, so I supposed that it is not like in Spain with socios choosing choosing/voting for the president?

But can't the laziali's turn up at his "office" with a piece of paying signed by thousands of supporters who wants him to resign as president, or could that not happen again because of that he i the majorityholder of the shares in Lazio?
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:31 pm

Laziali wrote:
Sile wrote:

Ohh, so I supposed that it is not like in Spain with socios choosing choosing/voting for the president?

But can't the laziali's turn up at his "office" with a piece of paying signed by thousands of supporters who wants him to resign as president, or could that not happen again because of that he i the majorityholder of the shares in Lazio?

That is like a petition. And many Laziali have said they do not want Lotito as President and Lotito knows this. It has chnged absolutely nothing at all. As long as Lotito own ths majority stake in Lazio Lotito will be President. It is that simple.
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Taib wrote:
Laziali wrote:
Sile wrote:

That is like a petition. And many Laziali have said they do not want Lotito as President and Lotito knows this. It has chnged absolutely nothing at all. As long as Lotito own ths majority stake in Lazio Lotito will be President. It is that simple.

And there aren't prospect of any new "guy" with a company behind him who would like to buy the shares of Lotito, or would Lotito not them sell them in case there was a buyer? scratch
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Laziali wrote:
Taib wrote:
Laziali wrote:
Sile wrote:

And there aren't prospect of any new "guy" with a company behind him who would like to buy the shares of Lotito, or would Lotito not them sell them in case there was a buyer? scratch

As far as I am aware of Lotito has said he has no desire to sell his majority stake for whatever price.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:05 pm

Lotito has stated, on more than one occassion, he is not interested in selling his shares in Lazio. However, everything has its price, bu I guess if any potential buyer would emerge, Lotito would ask for a price that would be nothing but ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 624
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:39 am

Cash wrote:
Lotito has stated, on more than one occassion, he is not interested in selling his shares in Lazio. However, everything has its price, bu I guess if any potential buyer would emerge, Lotito would ask for a price that would be nothing but ridiculous

Similar to asking for 25mil for a player with 1 year left on his contract? But we all know how thats ending.

Hopefully his presidency will collapse in a similar fashion.
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:20 am

Laziali wrote:

The case was discussed yesterday at Consiglio di Stato. The judges examined the appeal promoted by Consob (Stock exchange Supervision Body) against the decision of the TAR (Regional Administrative Tribunal) to cancel the previous sentence against lotito.
The final decision should be made within this month.

In any case, lotito won't go to jail and won't sell Lazio even if he's found guilty. He will only have to sell a portion of his shares.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lotito will not go to jail because...   Today at 7:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Lotito will not go to jail because...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next