Aquilotto

Number of posts : 75
Country and city : Oslo, Norway
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sun May 03, 2009 1:55 pm

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may3h.html
Quote :

The Mauro Zarate case is getting complicated, as Al-Sadd have set their lawyers on Lazio after the buy-out clause was reportedly activated.

The two clubs have been in negotiations for the last few weeks over whether to make the loan move permanent.

The Biancocelesti made their offer, said to be around £16m, but the April 30 deadline came and went without an official response.

Now it is reported Lazio are tired of waiting and have issued letters to FIFA and Al-Sadd confirming they have activated the buy-out clause in Zarate’s contract.

It means the 21-year-old has tied himself to the Olimpico side until 2014 and was bought at a cost of £16m.

However, the move infuriated Al-Sadd, who released a terse statement on their official club website noting they had “instructed our lawyers” to look into the case.

Hopefully everything goes as it should. If we have a buy-out clause in his contract I can't see why it should be too much of an issue.
Back to top Go down
lazio365
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : England, Sussex
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sun May 03, 2009 1:57 pm

usampa wrote:
c. testa wrote:
from what I understand Al-Sadd are getting their lawyers involved, trying to stop Lazio from signing Zarate cause they know Man City or Liverpool will pay them a good 10-15 million more.

Thing is Lotito agreed to a clause and he has met this clause, so the arabi have no leg to stand on.

I think Zarate will stay here but because of their ridiculous claims, we might have to wait a while for it to be official.

Or the Qatary wait till a final date and then sell Zarate to let's say Liverpool...
What we can do then ? We can sue them , and probably they will be forced to pay us some compensations , but Zarate will be no longer Lazio player....

Possibly not because in the merky realms of contact law Al Sadd may not be able to sell Zarate as he is no longer their property to sell as Lazio have forfilled the obligations of the original agreement. I guess we will have to wait and see, but its very frustrating. Whatever happens, Lazio will live on.
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sun May 03, 2009 2:10 pm

Al Sadd is geeting pain in the ass, let Zarate go, he want's Lazio and Lotito has the cash, Go Go Go!!
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sun May 03, 2009 3:36 pm

This simply can't get any more frustrating. lazialita.it has an article that the deal is done and done. Then other sites mention lawyers. If there really is a pre-emption clause in the contract allowing us first buy at a set price (with an additional clause regarding his price if the quality turns out to be great) then all this trap should have been settled by now.

Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sun May 03, 2009 3:37 pm

The thing which comforts me is we have handed in a signed Zarate contract to the Lega.

Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Mon May 04, 2009 7:34 am

He's signed but there's complications.

The deal is not the deal we knew about. It is underhandedness by both parties and it looks like Lazio are winning what could be a losing battle.
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Mon May 04, 2009 5:08 pm

Caxi wrote:

The deal is not the deal we knew about. It is underhandedness by both parties and it looks like Lazio are winning what could be a losing battle.

What the hell do they want? Lotito has the cash, Zarate want's too stay in Lazio so what is the problem here? Geet off Al-Sadd ffs!
Back to top Go down
Secret_Samadhi
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 502
Country and city : Bosnia-Herzegovina, Sweden
Laziale since : 1994

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Mon May 04, 2009 7:31 pm

Skenderbeu wrote:
Caxi wrote:

What the hell do they want? Lotito has the cash, Zarate want's too stay in Lazio so what is the problem here? Geet off Al-Sadd ffs!

Al-Sadd - very greedy. They are hoping that Man City or someone will bid even higher than us, but we allready made a contract with them a year ago and they need to respect that. Nothing more to say.
Back to top Go down
Karakash
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 78
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Laziale since : from birth
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Mon May 04, 2009 8:23 pm

It's a done deal. Al-Saad can't do smelling as now after we, our lawyers and Zarate campus together used the right to sign him as it was agreed at the start of the season. They can be greedy as much as they want, but the fact is that Mauro for the next 5 years is a Lazio player. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kris
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 624
Country and city : Melbourne, Australia
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Tue May 05, 2009 3:54 am

Its not a done deal until i see him at a press conference shaking hands with El Presidente. The longer this goes on the more nervous i get. If this was 100% full proof, and the Qataries had no leg to stand on, i dont see why an announcement cant be made?

The only reason why Lazio wont make an announcement is because they know there may be a small loop hole where Mauro can slip through?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Tue May 05, 2009 6:18 am

I don't think it's a done deal by any means.

As I understand it, we didn't use the contract we had from Al-Sadd earlier in the season but rather a buy-out clause in Zarate's contract.

Why? So we can sign him permanently immediately.

Al-Sadd could never change the option we had, it's a contract but now there is a time limit on when Lotito pays and if he can't gather the cash together, there is no deal.

Also, if there's any loophole in the clause, we won't get him.
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Tue May 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Caxi wrote:

As I understand it, we didn't use the contract we had from Al-Sadd earlier in the season but rather a buy-out clause in Zarate's contract.

Al-Sadd could never change the option we had, it's a contract but now there is a time limit on when Lotito pays and if he can't gather the cash together, there is no deal.

But if we use his buy-out clause , that means we have to pay those 20 millions immediately , at once , in one payment , no more install options...
So , then Lotito has the money.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Tue May 05, 2009 2:09 pm

ANY CHANCE TO CONTACT MR RASHAD THE MEDIA MANAGER OF AL SAAD?
I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME OUT FOR IL CORRIERE DELLO SPORT MAGAZINE. THANKS

Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Tue May 05, 2009 2:11 pm

usampa wrote:
Caxi wrote:

But if we use his buy-out clause , that means we have to pay those 20 millions immediately , at once , in one payment , no more install options...
So , then Lotito has the money.

Not necessarily. It means he has ten days to round up the money. Of course he has the money but whether he'll hand it over just like that is another matter. In ten days, he might find a few genius ways of making more money.
Back to top Go down
milk_man999
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 38
Country and city : Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Laziale since : it feels like for ever
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sat May 09, 2009 12:35 pm

latest news is saying that alsaad has agreed to sell Zarate to lazio for 21M

wating for the offical news
Back to top Go down
Super Ram
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 214
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : 1900
Registration date : 2008-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sat May 09, 2009 1:23 pm

where did u read this?
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sat May 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Super Ram wrote:
where did u read this?

same news at lazio4arab.com
Back to top Go down
hamidsinisa
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 466
Country and city : Persia
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Mon May 11, 2009 12:36 pm

Lotito gives all for Zarate
Monday 11 May, 2009
Lazio President Claudio Lotito insists he has done everything to sign Mauro Zarate and now awaits a response from parent club Al-Sadd.

Lotito has signed the talented Argentine striker to a five-year contract, but needs Qatari side Al-Sadd to actually agree to a transfer.

“We have done everything possible to buy him from an economic and technical point of view,” Lotito told Radio Anch'io Sport. “Now we will see if these efforts will be crowned.”

The two clubs are said to be at odds over the payment of Zarate's £16m fee, which Lazio want to pay in instalments and Al-Sadd want outright.

Zarate is the Biancocelesti's top scorer this season with a record of 12 Serie A goals in 34 appearances.

Lotito has also been busy in recent weeks trying to tie down Macedonia striker Goran Pandev to a new contract.

The 25-year-old has scored nine goals this season and is attracting interest from German champions Bayern Munich.

“We are looking to find a date for a meeting to discuss the renewal,” Lotito explained. “We have made an important effort.

“Now we await the player's decision. Hopefully, winning the Coppa Italia can help make up his mind.”

Lazio play Sampdoria in the Coppa Italia Final on Wednesday evening after having knocked out Juventus in the Semi-Finals.

Channel 4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Today at 3:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Zarate deal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5