Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:43 pm

centrocampista wrote:
Boksic wrote:
Forza Lazio wrote:
Il Capitano wrote:
Lousy what you say, really. Lotito really invested in the last couple of years
Name me his investments

Lotito did in fact invest quite alot starting from Carizzo which we bought for around 12M.
Then there were the likes of Makinwa, Rocchi, Behrami and Ledesma for something close to 8M each.
He also bought half of Foggia, Pandev and the full rights of Muslera, Cribari, Mauri, Rozenhal, Meghni, Lichsteiner and the loan of Zarate which should be close to 4m each for those.
Kolarov was quite a bargain as far as I remember close to 1M.

Those alone are over 80m euros which considering our case a couple of years ago, its amazing we managed to invest that much.

//Boksic

I don´t belive you got a single digit right. Carizzo was probably close to 6m euro, Rocky was around 4 and both Ledesma and Behrami 6m each.

Pandev + 2,5m euro for Stankovic.
Foggia was included in the Oddo deal.

Lotito is a fucking leech!!

And for your own information.. That was half of Pandev + 2.5m euro, the other half was bought later on!

The transfer of Carizzo was surely higher than 6m. I've just checked it was 7.5m. In the 4m section there was also Radu.

Last edited by Boksic on Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm

Boksic wrote:
centrocampista wrote:
Boksic wrote:
Forza Lazio wrote:
Il Capitano wrote:
Lousy what you say, really. Lotito really invested in the last couple of years
Name me his investments

Lotito did in fact invest quite alot starting from Carizzo which we bought for around 12M.
Then there were the likes of Makinwa, Rocchi, Behrami and Ledesma for something close to 8M each.
He also bought half of Foggia, Pandev and the full rights of Muslera, Cribari, Mauri, Rozenhal, Meghni, Lichsteiner and the loan of Zarate which should be close to 4m each for those.
Kolarov was quite a bargain as far as I remember close to 1M.

Those alone are over 80m euros which considering our case a couple of years ago, its amazing we managed to invest that much.

//Boksic

I don´t belive you got a single digit right. Carizzo was probably close to 6m euro, Rocky was around 4 and both Ledesma and Behrami 6m each.

Pandev + 2,5m euro for Stankovic.
Foggia was included in the Oddo deal.

Lotito is a fucking leech!!

And for your own information.. That was half of Pandev + 2.5m euro, the other half was bought later on!

The transfer of Carizzo was surely higher than 6m.

Same goes for Foggia, 50% only in the Oddo deal. Ofcourse Lotito has invested alot, he may not have made all the right decisions but he has certainly given us a very competitive team.

LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Blog: The Z Factor
Spending £16m on Mauro Zarate is a risk well worth taking to attain a potential icon, notes Scott Fleming

“Lazio want to buy the player on a permanent basis and we have the economic means to do so.” The words of Claudio Lotito, the President of a club seemingly in dire financial straights. The threat of bankruptcy may no longer linger over Lazio, but they are hardly in the Man City spending league.

The fact that the Biancocelesti seem willing to shell out the £16m required to make Mauro Zarate’s signing permanent is a fascinating statement. It is almost as if they are gambling the club’s future on one man – and be in no doubt that this is a gamble. Zarate’s 12 League goals are a respectable, if not remarkable, tally in his debut Serie A season and he has the propensity to drift out of games.

Is it wise to splurge your transfer kitty on one striker when your squad requires reinforcements from back to middle and you already own one of Serie A’s very best strike partnerships in Tommaso Rocchi and Goran Pandev?

Would the young Argentine’s presence alone really propel the side towards Scudetto contention, or even Champions League qualification? Unlikely. Lotito is no dolt though. He understands Zarate’s value, value that can be captured in two words – star quality.

It’s that mercurial factor that sells shirts, sets the turnstiles spinning and gets the neutrals on your side, and it is exactly what Lazio have been missing for some time now. Once upon a time the Aquile support were treated to the likes of Hernan Crespo, Juan Sebastian Veron, Pavel Nedved, Christian Vieri and Marcelo Salas any given Sunday. These days they have to make do with Sebastiano Siviglia and Nestor Muslera.

Zarate is the life and soul of the Biancocelesti party, one of the few exceptions amongst a squad of workmanlike players. The 22-year-old can be excused the odd invisible performance, as with his pace, his array of tricks and flicks, and his handy habit of scoring screamers from distance, you can be sure that when he does make an impression it will be well worth seeing.

So forget the £16m price tag. As far as the light blue half of Rome is concerned, he’s priceless.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/blogs/sf25.html

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:38 pm

Argentine paper Ole says it is a done deal for €18 million.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2009/04/30/futbolinternacional/01909073.html

EDIT: I think we still need to wait for official confirmation. I do not wantt to put anyones hopes up falsely.
Back to top Go down
Forza Lazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 248
Country and city : London, UK
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:27 pm

Boksic wrote:
Agree, Carizzo was an investment, although it was around 10.5M, not 12.

Boksic wrote:

Then there were the likes of Makinwa
WOOOOOOOOOW!!!! WHAT A FUCKING AMAZING INVESTMENT!!!!!

Boksic wrote:
Rocchi
I don't remember the exact price, but Rocchi was bought for cheap.

Boksic wrote:
Behrami
Becoming a key figure in the team, eventually Behrami CHOSE TO LEAVE, which shows how badly Lotito manages the club and treats his players' wishes.

Boksic wrote:
Ledesma
Ledesma is thinking of leaving Lazio again because of Lotito's greed. We'll talk about Ledesma as a SUCCESSFUL INVESTMENT only after summer, when we'll see whether he's still a Laziale, or is somewhere in Inter. But 'till this point I agree, Ledesma was a good purchase.

Boksic wrote:

He also bought half of Foggia
Foggia's half was never bought. His rights were completely passed on to us during Oddo deal, for which we must wholeheartedly thank AC Milan. Then again, let's wait and see whether Foggia is a Laziale in September.

Boksic wrote:
Pandev
Pandev's half was given by Inter, as they believed that Pandev is an untalented average youngster. The other half was bought from Udinese for around 5M. WHAT AN INVESTMENT, LOTITO!!!! HE SPENT FUCKIN' 5M EUROS ON OUR BEST STRIKER!!!! Yeah, Lotito truly is a great investor,hahahaha

Boksic wrote:
and the full rights of Muslera
Are you kidding me? Just because Muslera was bought for miserable 3M doesn't mean it was an investment. And just because Muslera concided only 1 goal from Juventus, doesn't mean he's Italy's best goalkeeper :)

Boksic wrote:
Cribari
So you call the purchase of Cribari an investment? I heard Lotito bought socks from Hugo Boss in Rome yesterday. I think that is an investment as well.

Boksic wrote:
Mauri
Yesterday I made a big and very successful investment - I bought a ketchup from the supermarket close to my house!

Boksic wrote:
Rozenhal
We haven't spent much on him, and to be honest, he's not a world class defender.

Boksic wrote:
Meghni
Is this the 2nd Zidane, who gets injured every week? Oh yes, that is an amazing investment, especially bearing in mind the fact that Bonetto was included in the deal.

Boksic wrote:
Lichsteiner
Lichtsteiner was a good purchase, I agree, yet again Stephan is not a world class right back.

Boksic wrote:
and the loan of Zarate which should be close to 4m each for those.
Zarate should never have been loaned in the first place, instead he should've been bought straight away in summer. If Zarate is not a Laziale after summer, I'll remind you of this.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:51 pm

I hear it's official now...confirmation anyone???
Back to top Go down
Gæst

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 pm

No, today Lotito says no deal has been agreed..

I really do not understand him and Italy..

I thought the deadline was today..

Bye bye Zarate...
Back to top Go down
Boksic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Malta
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 12:01 am

Forza Lazio wrote:
Boksic wrote:
Agree, Carizzo was an investment, although it was around 10.5M, not 12.

Boksic wrote:

Then there were the likes of Makinwa
WOOOOOOOOOW!!!! WHAT A FUCKING AMAZING INVESTMENT!!!!!

Boksic wrote:
Rocchi
I don't remember the exact price, but Rocchi was bought for cheap.

Boksic wrote:
Behrami
Becoming a key figure in the team, eventually Behrami CHOSE TO LEAVE, which shows how badly Lotito manages the club and treats his players' wishes.

Boksic wrote:
Ledesma
Ledesma is thinking of leaving Lazio again because of Lotito's greed. We'll talk about Ledesma as a SUCCESSFUL INVESTMENT only after summer, when we'll see whether he's still a Laziale, or is somewhere in Inter. But 'till this point I agree, Ledesma was a good purchase.

Boksic wrote:

He also bought half of Foggia
Foggia's half was never bought. His rights were completely passed on to us during Oddo deal, for which we must wholeheartedly thank AC Milan. Then again, let's wait and see whether Foggia is a Laziale in September.

Boksic wrote:
Pandev
Pandev's half was given by Inter, as they believed that Pandev is an untalented average youngster. The other half was bought from Udinese for around 5M. WHAT AN INVESTMENT, LOTITO!!!! HE SPENT FUCKIN' 5M EUROS ON OUR BEST STRIKER!!!! Yeah, Lotito truly is a great investor,hahahaha

Boksic wrote:
and the full rights of Muslera
Are you kidding me? Just because Muslera was bought for miserable 3M doesn't mean it was an investment. And just because Muslera concided only 1 goal from Juventus, doesn't mean he's Italy's best goalkeeper :)

Boksic wrote:
Cribari
So you call the purchase of Cribari an investment? I heard Lotito bought socks from Hugo Boss in Rome yesterday. I think that is an investment as well.

Boksic wrote:
Mauri
Yesterday I made a big and very successful investment - I bought a ketchup from the supermarket close to my house!

Boksic wrote:
Rozenhal
We haven't spent much on him, and to be honest, he's not a world class defender.

Boksic wrote:
Meghni
Is this the 2nd Zidane, who gets injured every week? Oh yes, that is an amazing investment, especially bearing in mind the fact that Bonetto was included in the deal.

Boksic wrote:
Lichsteiner
Lichtsteiner was a good purchase, I agree, yet again Stephan is not a world class right back.

Boksic wrote:
and the loan of Zarate which should be close to 4m each for those.
Zarate should never have been loaned in the first place, instead he should've been bought straight away in summer. If Zarate is not a Laziale after summer, I'll remind you of this.

Behrami and Ledesma leaving is none of Lotito's fault, its more like Fifa fucked it all up with the Article 17 bull trap. Behrami turned out to be an ass good luck to him. Ledesma still has a contract here and if he leaves it would be either because he requested to much of a wage or because he wants to try something else.

Makinwa at the time was a promising player, he did fine with Atalanta and the first few months with Palermo.. then he fucked it all up, he was a recommandation by Delio, Lotito invested in terms of money it didnt turn out to be the best transfer, but at the time most of us fans were happy to see Makinwa here.

I cant really get you, if he spent 5m for Pandev you're crying because he spent too few in terms of money, what do you expect? This club was in the brink of getting bankrupt just a few years ago! With close to 400m euros of debt, we were happy to even see our club exist in Serie B, now if you still expect our club to have made high investments at those times, either you have no ideas about business or that you're just dreaming that our club is owned by some Moratti.

At those times the signings of Rocchi, Mauri and Cribari were vital to our survival in Serie A and yes that is an investment if they ensured we stayed in Seria A.

Rozenhal is a decent player, quite a reliable one and yet again we CANT afford much better.

Muslera was a good capture and yes an investment for our future he turned out to be a solid goalkeeper.

Meghni was always a huge question mark, whenever he got some games going he was good, it still remains to be seen whether this guy will make it.

Zarate.. the loan was a good option, just remember Zarate was a failure in Qatar, and was a substitute player at Birmingham, he did show some flashes there but nothing more, being rotated with Cameron Jerome and McFadden is not the best way to make a huge investment on.
He did turn out fine here but I didn't have too much expectations when he came here first. Lotito did the good thing in my eyes here, we couldnt risk that much!

Lotito is far from perfect... but during those times we needed a bulldozer like him to get players at the least possible price, with the least possible wage, and get us back up, he did it and now we're in a much more healthier state.
Back to top Go down
AbedElkader
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 433
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Laziale since : since i started watching European football - 1998

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 12:22 am

Any news ?? its 1 may ?? what happened ? first it was announced 5 yeas, then it was up to zarate, i guess he f**ked us ?
Back to top Go down
pazzolaziale93
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 12:50 am

anyone knows whats happening with zarate everyone saying is ours not ours etc ?
Back to top Go down
flurffmeister
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 269
Country and city : Canada/Alberta/Calgary Beirut/Lebanon
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 1:22 am

Ufficiale: Zarate ha firmato per la Lazio
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 1:50 am

flurffmeister wrote:
Ufficiale: Zarate ha firmato per la Lazio

where did you read this?

Back to top Go down
Meyo
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 82
Country and city : Lebanon, Beirut
Registration date : 2008-06-06

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 11:04 am

Sile, many reports in Italian news papers:

http://www.itasportpress.it/index.php?action=read&idnotizia=6266

http://www.serieacalcio.com/lazio-zarate-accordo-ufficiale.htm

http://www.golmania.it/?action=read&idnotizia=10071

They all say he will earn 1.5 million a season and he signed until June 30, 2014...

I am still waiting for Lazio's announcement....
Back to top Go down
Biancocelesti
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 341
Country and city : Sweden, Uppsala
Laziale since : 1999

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Is there actually a buy-out clausal included worth €40M?
Back to top Go down
bermudalazio
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 26
Country and city : Southampton, Bermuda
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 2:04 pm

I dont understand how we have anywhere near this money to sign Zarate. What happened to that deal where we pay our debts off over 20 years, 5 million a season?? Where has this money come from? Also, why are we spending it all on a guy who has done well this season but is by no means what we need- we need defenders - like Agger but i presume this will be our only quality signing for the next year. I just think this money could be so better spent if we look at what we need and if we are realistic about our goals
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 2:16 pm

bermudalazio wrote:
I dont understand how we have anywhere near this money to sign Zarate. What happened to that deal where we pay our debts off over 20 years, 5 million a season?? Where has this money come from? Also, why are we spending it all on a guy who has done well this season but is by no means what we need- we need defenders - like Agger but i presume this will be our only quality signing for the next year. I just think this money could be so better spent if we look at what we need and if we are realistic about our goals
Agree with you , but let's wait the end of the summer when we will have more base for discussion. Let's see what is going to be with Pandev , Ledesma , our defense , our goalie , our coach. Who is coming , who is leaving and so on...
I think some people rush forward with their conclusions and resentments , even before we have the whole picture... I don't allude to you mate!
Back to top Go down
LazialeMalta
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 2:17 pm

bermudalazio wrote:

The thing about Zarate is that we can make a huge profit off of him in the future, so it's a good business move.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 4:25 pm

Seems official now:

http://it.eurosport.yahoo.com/30042009/45/calciomercato-colpo-lotito-zarate-lazio.html

Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 4:58 pm

More and more sites are claiming it is done and official now, just as you say Gio. I am happy, but I am not sure what this will result in regarding the other players and contracts. Guess we will have to wait and see, and until then we can be happy about Maurito being one of us cheers
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Fri May 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Cash wrote:
More and more sites are claiming it is done and official now, just as you say Gio. I am happy, but I am not sure what this will result in regarding the other players and contracts. Guess we will have to wait and see, and until then we can be happy about Maurito being one of us cheers

I know, in my opinion the only other players that deserve to match Zarate's contract just now are Pandev and Ledesma. Since they are entering renegotiations after the Coppa Italia final I think it will get sorted out.

Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sat May 02, 2009 1:03 am

still no official statement, i guess we will wait until tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sat May 02, 2009 2:21 am

the only thing that I understood until now is we have an agreement with Zarate but still Al Sadd have not let him go
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sat May 02, 2009 11:30 am

I think it's done deal guys, there's no need for an official confirmation (there will be maybe sometimes on july). As far as the transfer goes, he will be with us for next season, we had an agreement with Al Saad, on paper, they have to accept our offer, if they didn't, we can challenge it through FIFA.

Other scenario is, maybe Lotito waiting for the Italian Cup results, if we didn't make it to europe, then he will let Zarate go, we just couldn't afford 21 million euro for a single player
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sun May 03, 2009 12:06 pm

from what I understand Al-Sadd are getting their lawyers involved, trying to stop Lazio from signing Zarate cause they know Man City or Liverpool will pay them a good 10-15 million more.

Thing is Lotito agreed to a clause and he has met this clause, so the arabi have no leg to stand on.

I think Zarate will stay here but because of their ridiculous claims, we might have to wait a while for it to be official.

usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 846
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Sun May 03, 2009 12:45 pm

c. testa wrote:
from what I understand Al-Sadd are getting their lawyers involved, trying to stop Lazio from signing Zarate cause they know Man City or Liverpool will pay them a good 10-15 million more.

Thing is Lotito agreed to a clause and he has met this clause, so the arabi have no leg to stand on.

I think Zarate will stay here but because of their ridiculous claims, we might have to wait a while for it to be official.

Or the Qatary wait till a final date and then sell Zarate to let's say Liverpool...
What we can do then ? We can sue them , and probably they will be forced to pay us some compensations , but Zarate will be no longer Lazio player....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zarate deal   Today at 3:14 am

Back to top Go down

Zarate deal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next