HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 The new Trainer...is

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sgt. Pepper
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 386
Age : 38
Country and city : Denmark, Cph
Laziale since : A long time
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:57 am

The saddest thing about this whole saga is the way Lotito has handled everything...

A perfect example of how his working methods have completely ruined his relationship with just about any President and Director of Sport within the Peninsula. Pretty much the most important reason, why we never manage to negotiate anything with other Italian clubs, because noone can stand Lotito. According to a few articles he talked to at least a handful of managers without contacting their respective clubs first, which certainly isnīt to be playing by the rules. On top of that, he was completely humiliated by Zamparini in the Zenga case...

Then in the meantime, he let a loyal and honourable man like Delio Rossi waiting in silence for the second year in a row without knowing if he was bought or sold.

Embarrassing...
Back to top Go down
Forza Lazio
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 248
Age : 27
Country and city : London, UK
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-12-01

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:27 am

When Lotito took over Lazio 5 years ago, the opinion I had of him at the beggining was that he was a genius, a financial giant who can solve any problem, a manager who can handle everything...but now...after 5 years, I've understood that Lotito's a joke.

Do you think he's a true Laziale? I wouldn't be that certain...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Cellino, the head of Cagliari is claiming that Lotito is speaking to 7 potential coaches, none of whom are Allegri.

At present and as much as I want Allegri, I would put my cash on Giampaolo...
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 931
Age : 26
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Ballardini in pole position, after 4 hours of talks with Lotito, only the signature is missing, maybe even today he could be announced as the new coach.
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 416
Age : 41
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:44 pm

Forza Lazio wrote:
When Lotito took over Lazio 5 years ago, the opinion I had of him at the beggining was that he was a genius, a financial giant who can solve any problem, a manager who can handle everything...but now...after 5 years, I've understood that Lotito's a joke.

Do you think he's a true Laziale? I wouldn't be that certain...


Lotito is a joke and has a ego the size of king kong!! I fcking hate him for kidnapping our club :(
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 416
Age : 41
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Sgt. Pepper wrote:
The saddest thing about this whole saga is the way Lotito has handled everything...

A perfect example of how his working methods have completely ruined his relationship with just about any President and Director of Sport within the Peninsula. Pretty much the most important reason, why we never manage to negotiate anything with other Italian clubs, because noone can stand Lotito. According to a few articles he talked to at least a handful of managers without contacting their respective clubs first, which certainly isnīt to be playing by the rules. On top of that, he was completely humiliated by Zamparini in the Zenga case...

Then in the meantime, he let a loyal and honourable man like Delio Rossi waiting in silence for the second year in a row without knowing if he was bought or sold.

Embarrassing...

I agree and I have been saying this for ages (not the Zamparini part).
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:11 pm

In the ChatBox last night, I put forward a theory that Ballardini may have signed for us last summer.

As far fetched as it may sound, there are signs that could perhaps indicate this. Firstly, the players Delio saw as disruptions in the dressing room were never sold but rather loaned out to other clubs (Stendardo, Zauri etc.) perhaps keeping options open for a new coach. Delio was never offered a new contract, there were never negotiations as far as I can see and this all leads me to believe that for quite some while, Lotito had planned to let Delio's deal expire and I can't believe for one second that he never thought about lining up a replacement.

So I have to say, I find all this speculation regarding candidates very strange. Let's keep this in mind; Ballardini joined Palermo on a one-year contract once Colantuono was sacked immediately and we also know Zamparini and Lotito are decent enough friends. In fact, the press have caught them having at least one meeting this season. So, could it be the case that Ballardini and Lotito agreed a deal for him to take charge this season? And did Zamparini hear about this from Claudio and decide to take the man on for one year believing him to be a better candidate than Colantuono? Was the "row" between Zamparini and Ballardini a smokescreen for Palermo fans to hide the truth from them? Was Palermo's "stealing" of Zenga from us really a robbery or a masquerade to hide something else? And would Lotito have agreed for Ballardini to take over on a set date, say, the 1st July, giving the president time to tinker with the squad himself?

It's just a theory because I can't make sense of it all and should Ballardini take over, my suspicion will be increased.
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 543
Age : 30
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Caxi,now that's interesting.... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 240
Age : 35
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Maybe Zamparini just got smart and decided he doesn't need to constantly pay three coaches at the same time and that's why he gave Ballardini a one year contract. And Zampa and our dear Claudio seem too much of egoists and try petty digs at each other in the media too often for me to see them as friends.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister


Number of posts : 1712
Age : 27
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Are you still Caxi or Dan Brown Very Happy

Well you got few good points. If we let Zenga go on purpose what does that mean. Maybe they'll let us get Pastore.
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 931
Age : 26
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Jofo wrote:
Are you still Caxi or Dan Brown Very Happy

Well you got few good points. If we let Zenga go on purpose what does that mean. Maybe they'll let us get Pastore.

Hopefully. Pastore is a gem. In 2-3 years he will be worth atleast Ģ15 Million.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:16 pm

Matrim wrote:
Maybe Zamparini just got smart and decided he doesn't need to constantly pay three coaches at the same time and that's why he gave Ballardini a one year contract. And Zampa and our dear Claudio seem too much of egoists and try petty digs at each other in the media too often for me to see them as friends.

Haha, well said Matrim.

I just feel a bigger picture is to emerge. Perhaps we are taking the traditional route of employing a manager but for me, Lotito is not a traditionalist, he plays by his own rules and hence I have a few suspicions.

There is no doubt in my mind, I still want Allegri but if we are taking the traditional route, my money would still be on Giampaolo.

@ Jofo; in the theory, Zenga would have been Zamparini and Lotito coming together to make it look like they were squabbling over Zenga whereas the reality could well be that Zenga was approached by Lotito who may never have wanted him and almost coerced him into joining Zamp's ranks. A guy with ambitions of coaching Inter could easily be manipulated.

Far fetched I know but so are Cellino's claims of Lotito speaking to 7 managers, the idea that Zenga had signed, Ballardini had signed. All the speculation at present revolves around 3 clubs; Lazio, Cagliari and Palermo and only one of us is managerless. So what is the truth?

All the signs appear to suggest the fact that Delio was never in line for an extension. Now, we know Lotito has a tendency to let things drag out for too long (Pandev and Ledesma contracts are an example) but when it comes to replacing people he wants rid of, he always has a replacement in before he lets them go (just look at all his mercatos and even the rumoured Bizzarri deal). I just can't belive that he was genuinely stunned by Delio's resignation. I can't.
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 416
Age : 41
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Caxi wrote:
Matrim wrote:
Maybe Zamparini just got smart and decided he doesn't need to constantly pay three coaches at the same time and that's why he gave Ballardini a one year contract. And Zampa and our dear Claudio seem too much of egoists and try petty digs at each other in the media too often for me to see them as friends.

Haha, well said Matrim.

I just feel a bigger picture is to emerge. Perhaps we are taking the traditional route of employing a manager but for me, Lotito is not a traditionalist, he plays by his own rules and hence I have a few suspicions.

There is no doubt in my mind, I still want Allegri but if we are taking the traditional route, my money would still be on Giampaolo.

@ Jofo; in the theory, Zenga would have been Zamparini and Lotito coming together to make it look like they were squabbling over Zenga whereas the reality could well be that Zenga was approached by Lotito who may never have wanted him and almost coerced him into joining Zamp's ranks. A guy with ambitions of coaching Inter could easily be manipulated.

Far fetched I know but so are Cellino's claims of Lotito speaking to 7 managers, the idea that Zenga had signed, Ballardini had signed. All the speculation at present revolves around 3 clubs; Lazio, Cagliari and Palermo and only one of us is managerless. So what is the truth?

All the signs appear to suggest the fact that Delio was never in line for an extension. Now, we know Lotito has a tendency to let things drag out for too long (Pandev and Ledesma contracts are an example) but when it comes to replacing people he wants rid of, he always has a replacement in before he lets them go (just look at all his mercatos and even the rumoured Bizzarri deal). I just can't belive that he was genuinely stunned by Delio's resignation. I can't.

Does it matter??

I mean do we want a president who would participate in such actions over coaches valued at <1m euro /year? Itīs not like we where planing to steal Ancelotti from Milan or SAF from united.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Does it matter? Not really, no. However there is talk from Sgt. Pepper about Lotito being humiliated; an opinion you appear to share and I just put forward a theory that Lotito may be string-pulling.

We draw our conclusions based on historical patterns. You have an opinion that I do not agree with but I still respect it. My reasoning is so ridiculous in theory that I can understand people dismissing it. However, what I am trying to show is that everything that goes on behind the scenes is not clear cut and to take media speculation as fact is often the wrong course of action.

We may not be stealing Ancelotti here but Ballardini, as a choice, could be settling for what's out there, it could be luring a good coach from another club or it could be a swift, clever and thought out process. What we choose to believe it as will not only affect our opinion of Lotito but the basis for our beliefs is our pre-existing knowledge of Lotito.

As a fan, I feel I have a sense of duty to decipher what is going on here. By doing so, I can only learn.
Back to top Go down
rockybalboa83
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli


Number of posts : 393
Age : 33
Country and city : Australia,Melbourne
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:23 am

Caxi wrote:
In the ChatBox last night, I put forward a theory that Ballardini may have signed for us last summer.

As far fetched as it may sound, there are signs that could perhaps indicate this. Firstly, the players Delio saw as disruptions in the dressing room were never sold but rather loaned out to other clubs (Stendardo, Zauri etc.) perhaps keeping options open for a new coach. Delio was never offered a new contract, there were never negotiations as far as I can see and this all leads me to believe that for quite some while, Lotito had planned to let Delio's deal expire and I can't believe for one second that he never thought about lining up a replacement.

So I have to say, I find all this speculation regarding candidates very strange. Let's keep this in mind; Ballardini joined Palermo on a one-year contract once Colantuono was sacked immediately and we also know Zamparini and Lotito are decent enough friends. In fact, the press have caught them having at least one meeting this season. So, could it be the case that Ballardini and Lotito agreed a deal for him to take charge this season? And did Zamparini hear about this from Claudio and decide to take the man on for one year believing him to be a better candidate than Colantuono? Was the "row" between Zamparini and Ballardini a smokescreen for Palermo fans to hide the truth from them? Was Palermo's "stealing" of Zenga from us really a robbery or a masquerade to hide something else? And would Lotito have agreed for Ballardini to take over on a set date, say, the 1st July, giving the president time to tinker with the squad himself?

It's just a theory because I can't make sense of it all and should Ballardini take over, my suspicion will be increased.

I have to say Caxi I did enjoy ready that! You write very well i must say...

I just think that it really is a lot of trouble for two teams to go to, to think of something so elaborate...

Do you really think that they would have done this to tip toe around the fact that both coaches were contracted etc to make it legal? It is a very good story and also quite plausible if you analyse it as you have...I just think that it is really too elaborate for Palermo and Lazio to pull of this sort of idea...Not really sure..

In any case, Lotito better sign someone because we can't keep going further into the mercato without a coach!
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2371
Age : 27
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:34 am

I have to say Caxi - the theory you put forward is very interesting and makes quite a bit of sense.... and with Lotito and Zamparini involved, anything is possible. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:34 pm

Anybody know when Rossi's contract officially expires? That's when I expect a new coach to be officially unveiled.
Back to top Go down
Caput Mundi
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 1434
Age : 24
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:01 pm

Caxi wrote:
Anybody know when Rossi's contract officially expires? That's when I expect a new coach to be officially unveiled.

I think its the 30th. Ballardini may be the same. He's still tied to Palermo and Zampa is being a wanker with regard to releasing him.

_________________
Quote :
It's more than just oil, it's liquid engineering.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:13 pm

c. testa wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Anybody know when Rossi's contract officially expires? That's when I expect a new coach to be officially unveiled.

I think its the 30th. Ballardini may be the same. He's still tied to Palermo and Zampa is being a wanker with regard to releasing him.

maybe because there is an agreement between the two presidents? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member


Number of posts : 2737
Age : 33
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Caxi wrote:
c. testa wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Anybody know when Rossi's contract officially expires? That's when I expect a new coach to be officially unveiled.

I think its the 30th. Ballardini may be the same. He's still tied to Palermo and Zampa is being a wanker with regard to releasing him.

maybe because there is an agreement between the two presidents? Twisted Evil

Or maybe because they're both pieces of sh1t when it comes to attitude towards coaches, well Zamparini was always like this and Lotito now follows in his stead.

_________________
"One love, One Lazio SUPER TECH!!!" - mr douglas

Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli


Number of posts : 3884
Age : 27
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:06 pm

Sile wrote:
Caxi wrote:
c. testa wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Anybody know when Rossi's contract officially expires? That's when I expect a new coach to be officially unveiled.

I think its the 30th. Ballardini may be the same. He's still tied to Palermo and Zampa is being a wanker with regard to releasing him.

maybe because there is an agreement between the two presidents? Twisted Evil

Or maybe because they're both pieces of sh1t when it comes to attitude towards coaches, well Zamparini was always like this and Lotito now follows in his stead.

or that...

Oh, the beauty of wisdom, insight and reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle


Number of posts : 2163
Age : 36
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 pm

But why wait until 1 July to announce a new one when it is settled that Rossi will not continue, and that Ballardini is not going to be with Palermo next year, and that Zenga is taking over there..? Lotito needs to announce his choice asap...
Back to top Go down
usampa
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 846
Age : 34
Country and city : Bulgaria , Rousse > Now in France
Laziale since : 1994
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Why do you think the new trainer will have the word about the mercato ?
Rossi didn't have that , so I assume the new one won't have it either , so 1-st july or 15 , it doesn't matter so much in terms of the mercato.
But we need him for the new training cycle, if Lotito didn't decide something else Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 841
Age : 40
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:55 pm

Why do you think the new trainer will have the word about the mercato ?
Rossi didn't have that , so I assume the new one won't have it either , so 1-st july or 15 , it doesn't matter so much in terms of the mercato.
But we need him for the new training cycle, if Lotito didn't decide something else
_______agree 100%__________
Back to top Go down
LaziOttimo
Curva Nord
Curva Nord


Number of posts : 543
Age : 30
Country and city : Romania,Szovata
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:58 pm

The new trainer is.....Ballardini? No
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The new Trainer...is   Today at 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down
 
The new Trainer...is
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Trainer Kites
» Power-blade Swing Trainer
» Trek Road Bike w/ Trainer - 58cm - Sold
» Momentus Swing Trainer Irons
» Graupner Elecktro Trainer

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: SS LAZIO 1900 :: Only SS Lazio-
Jump to: