AuthorMessage
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 931
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:29 pm

What can i say, USA fully deserved the victory and were great value for it, but as for Spain, nothing but a minor set-back, and im sure it will bring them back down to earth, and show them that they can't win everything.
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Brazil - South Africa Now.....

My Prediction is:

Brazil 3-0 South Africa
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Boy was my prediction horrible.

Dani Alves with a wonderful free kick 88 mins.

1-0 Brazil

But similar to the Egypt game, very fortuitous for the Brazilians.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:54 am

I'm not so sure, I think they are brimming with confidence and have this belief that they will win in time.

Reminiscent of Brazil in 2002 and I'm now beginning to hold hope for the WC ambition.

The key to Brazil is not your Kaka's or Dani Alves but players like Ramires. I always feel Brazil need one or two solid midfielders to get across the finishing line and Ramires and Gilberto Silva/Kleberson fit the bill.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:24 am

That was heart breaking for South Africa. You could see how much it meant to them. I feel for them. They gave it their all, never stopped trying and IMO played better than Brazil for a majority of the match - but eventually Brazil's experience and class prevailed with that brilliant free kick from Dani Alves. Before he struck it I had a feeling it would go in.

The final should be interesting..... a rematch from the group stages. I'd assume Brazil are favourites for the title but the US will not go down without a fight and if they play like they did against Spain, and have a bit of luck go their way, it could be a thrilling final. Expect it to be closer than the 3-0 match the other week. Any suspensions?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:50 am

Michael Bradley will be out for the USA after that sending off (which I thought was quite ridiculous really).

Not sure about anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Broencoceleste
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1218
Country and city : Jakarta, Indonesia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:36 am

Brazil always had a hard time when they play against USA, the skills against the physics... My prediction is penalty kick going to determine the winners..
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:36 pm

Good game, great goals on both ends.

Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:52 pm

I wanted South Africa to make it but thats football game.

Tonight Brazil - USA, Honestly I expect training match for Brazil although the hole competition was full of surprises.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:46 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:05 pm

I can't believe it is happening tonight but it was coming.

If Brazil come back from this deficit, I will eat my words but after 2 weeks of debating this point, I think it is finally becoming clear...Brazil are simply not good enough. Forget 'winning mentality' or 'oh, but it's Brazil.' They're just not up to scratch.

I thought they turned the corner the other night, I really did but hindsight tells me that a world class player got them out of bother. Dani Alves is probably the best player Brazil have. Why won't they play him?

I hope Kaka gets his career going again next season. He's been woeful so far tonight and nobody will convince me that he hasn't been that way for the past 2 seasons. Of course, if he can rescue them tonight he will have turned it all around.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:59 am

Agree

Brazil in the last years aren't what they were before. Where is the samba, where is the magic on the field that I love to watch as a kid.
Honestly I think that money killed the game and to be more precise Brazil as a team. Simple as this, nobody loves this game anymore.

On the other hand USA give hell of a first half and should be very proud. If US invest little bit more in football they could become very great team. Just to quote the commentator
: from 23 US players 16 play in Europe and not that long ago US was joke in world football together with Malta, Luxsemburg, San Marino....

p.s. I don't like the ceremony at the end when they give the awards.
Back to top Go down
lazio365
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : England, Sussex
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:06 am

Caxi wrote:
I can't believe it is happening tonight but it was coming.

If Brazil come back from this deficit, I will eat my words but after 2 weeks of debating this point, I think it is finally becoming clear...Brazil are simply not good enough. Forget 'winning mentality' or 'oh, but it's Brazil.' They're just not up to scratch.

I thought they turned the corner the other night, I really did but hindsight tells me that a world class player got them out of bother. Dani Alves is probably the best player Brazil have. Why won't they play him?

I hope Kaka gets his career going again next season. He's been woeful so far tonight and nobody will convince me that he hasn't been that way for the past 2 seasons. Of course, if he can rescue them tonight he will have turned it all around.

Well Brazil did win, but I agree with your point anyway. They don't look solid enough to me, somethings missing. It could be a strange world cup next year, difficult at this moment in time to pin point a favourite for me anyway.

Your right about Kaka, watching Milan in the last season he often drifted in and out of games. When hes hot, hes fantastic there is no doubt about it. He relies on blistering pace quite often, goal against Fenerbache for example, can't help but wonder if that knee injury problem has stunted his fitness and consequently his ability to maintain 'world class' performance'. Scored a lot of goals this season, 16, but lets not gloss over the fact that quite a few were penalties.

Im not so hot on Alves though. Lost count of how many times during the la liga season he would blast a free kick way over the bar, but he does play his position very well but I rather play Maicon there myself, at right back that is. That being said hes been subbed on to the left back position for the last two games so I guess the question is raised as to why he was not there instead of Santos in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 am

On Dani Alves, what I meant was, in terms of his position, he is probably the best in the world. He has bags of talent, just lacking end product to an extent. However, a better option than Santos surely.

I think the problem with Brazil is their attitude. It's cocky rather than supremely confident right now. When their back is against a wall, they show their class but if they play against a top side and gift chances like they did tonight, they won't last in the WC. They have to shore up.

They're better prospects than Spain or Italy in my opinion but there are unknown quantities out there. I also think Chile, by the time the WC comes round, could go very, very far if they qualify of course.
Back to top Go down
lazio365
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : England, Sussex
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:22 am

Caxi wrote:
On Dani Alves, what I meant was, in terms of his position, he is probably the best in the world. He has bags of talent, just lacking end product to an extent. However, a better option than Santos surely.

I think the problem with Brazil is their attitude. It's cocky rather than supremely confident right now. When there back is against a wall, they show their class but if they play against a top side and gift chances like they did tonight, they won't last in the WC. They have to shore up.

They're better prospects than Spain or Italy in my opinion but there are unknown quantities out there. I also think Chile, by the time the WC comes round, could go very, very far if they qualify of course.

No doubt he is a world class player.

I don't see Brazil winning it next year, they just don't look good enough. Honestly a year ago I would have edged towards Argentina, if only for talent alone, but ive watched the recently on bet365 against Colombia, which they won just, and against Ecuador where they lost and were appauling. Really at this time I see it as a very unpredictable tournament.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:48 am

lazio365 wrote:
Caxi wrote:

I think the problem with Brazil is their attitude. It's cocky rather than supremely confident right now. When there back is against a wall, they show their class but if they play against a top side and gift chances like they did tonight, they won't last in the WC. They have to shore up.

No doubt he is a world class player.

I don't see Brazil winning it next year, they just don't look good enough. Honestly a year ago I would have edged towards Argentina, if only for talent alone, but ive watched the recently on bet365 against Colombia, which they won just, and against Ecuador where they lost and were appauling. Really at this time I see it as a very unpredictable tournament.

My thoughts exactly. I had Argentina down as surefire winners, right now, it's anyone's guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Today at 3:41 pm

Back to top Go down

FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6