AuthorMessage
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:18 pm

Bridge-Bhoy wrote:
In a word = ROBBERY!

It was the right desicion to award the penalty and sent the man off, but over 90 Minutes Egypt deserved at least a draw.

Ah well, i'l take great consolation in knowing that the Wolrd seen how poor this Brazil team is.

Brazil can be as poor as they want and they will still win matches. Why? They have a winning mentality. The ability to get results even when playing poor. How many other countries in the world can say they got that?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:23 pm

That winning mentality counts for nothing when it comes to the World Cup. Once you exit that group stage, it's irrelevant. Brazil were dumped out of the last World Cup by France who couldn't score a goal in the previous World Cup yet won the tournament before that.

Winning mentality is useless here as we all know who will exit the group stages.
Back to top Go down
Taib
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 361
Country and city : UK
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:30 pm

Caxi wrote:
That winning mentality counts for nothing when it comes to the World Cup. Once you exit that group stage, it's irrelevant. Brazil were dumped out of the last World Cup by France who couldn't score a goal in the previous World Cup yet won the tournament before that.

Winning mentality is useless here as we all know who will exit the group stages.

How is it irrelevent?

Brazil are currently playing poor football yet they are still top of their qualifying group. Compare with Argentina who are also not playing well but are struggling to qualify.
How do we all know who will exit the group stages? It is all written beforehand? A lot like everyone knew that France would exit the group stages at World Cup 2002 I presume.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Brazil may be playing poor football in your opinion but in my opinion, it's just an above average side who need to improve dramatically to win the World Cup. It's more than just a bad run of form in my opinion.

In the World Cup, every team has players with a winning mentality. Take Togo as an example (since you are an Arsenal fan) and tell me Adebayor doesn't have a winning mentality?

Sides like Brazil, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Argentina are always going to be that bit more tough than every one else because their players are winners. But doesn't winning just prove that your players have the talent to win anyway?

For me, Brazil struggled to beat Egypt because the opposition had some very talented players and Brazil players are not as talented as previous squads. It really is that simple in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 931
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:07 pm

Oh My God...

Just seen the Italian Line-up.

No Santon or Quagliarella.

Not impressed by Lippi's selection.
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 586
Country and city : Los Angeles
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:32 pm

not exactly a young team for italy, suppose i shouldn't be surprised.

i do like the US starters. no beasley, that's a big plus. alright guys, real test! play smart!
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:35 pm

About jerseys, the Italy kit is really nice, although the font of the names is so-so.

The horns are annoying. But by the time the World Cup starts I should have a television set capable of eliminating certain sound frequencies, so up yours you bothersome bastards.

Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:41 pm

you're not kidding, those horns are annoying.

and i too like italy's kit.
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:05 pm

oh great, red! jesus. i think maybe it was worthy of a warning, but he didn't get the ball, not sure it was bad enough to send the player off. but i can't have much argument. damnit. hung with them so well...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:06 pm

Trequartista wrote:
oh great, red! jesus. i think maybe it was worthy of a warning, but he didn't get the ball, not sure it was bad enough to send the player off. but i can't have much argument. damnit. hung with them so well...

It was a foolish challenge, somewhat dangerous, but one-footed.

If it's any consolation Treq, the Irish comentators are going insane about it...
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:08 pm

keeps getting better

oh it's offside

Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:11 pm

I predict a 3-1 win for Italy. Terrible defending by chiellini

Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:14 pm

I Hope Italy are knocked out.

Why?

Because Lippi will have to evaluate things, overhaul the squad, get rid of the has beens, like Zambrotta, Gatusso & Camoranasi.

Italy badly need young blood.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:18 pm

wtf, Italy needs 5-6 passes to cross the half way line, what on earth are they doing, not every single play has to come from Pirlo

Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:19 pm

Caxi wrote:
It was a foolish challenge, somewhat dangerous, but one-footed.

If it's any consolation Treq, the Irish comentators are going insane about it...
are they? huh

well, like i said, i can understand the red, technically. i think i wouldn't have been completely taken off guard had it just been a yellow. but, indeed, it was dangerous play and ricardo missed the ball.

45mins is going to be tough a man down. so far, though, i'm happy. we've put in a respectable performance, just hope we don't completely break down in the second.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 pm

What I said about Brazil earlier also applies to Italy.
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:24 pm

Time for Santon & Quigliarella....

And if that fails, Italy will have to go route one, Luca Toni?
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:44 pm

Montolivo & Rossi? I'm surprised.

Wow. What a shot.
Back to top Go down
zrc
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 176
Country and city : Slovenia, Jesenice

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 pm

wow great goal by rossi!
Back to top Go down
Trequartista
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:10 pm

Another good strike from De Rossi, perhaps could've been stopped if the keep had a better view.

Not sure why Legrottaglie's jump on Donovan in the 80th wasn't a penalty.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:18 pm

F*ckin' Horns! They are sooooo annoying!

Curva Nord
Curva Nord

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:24 pm

3-1... terrible defending. that's why Pirlo's great, he makes simple chances for his team.

Still, despite the scoreline, I'm happy with the performance. The last goal came deep in injury time, came due to fatigue, I think. There's no way the US could get out of this group, so just gotta play hard and get respect from the opposition. Can't help but think it would've been a different match with a full squad. Less space in the middle would have changed things. Oh well, no shame in going down to the World Cup champions.
Back to top Go down
lazio365
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : England, Sussex
Laziale since : 1993
Registration date : 2009-02-13

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:14 am

I think the USA showed that they have come a long way as a national side and at the world cup next year could get out of their group, depending on the draw of course. Pirlo's assist at the end was magical. As for the horns, I think ir hear them in my sleep tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:21 am

Didn't see the end of the game, tuned out after Rossi's goal, but I was right with my prediction Surprised

When they said the "African bees" were responsible for deaths of hundreds of people did they mean actual bees or that buzzing sound from the stands? because I'm having some homicidal tendencies myself after an hour of that Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:48 am

Giolazio wrote:
F*ckin' Horns! They are sooooo annoying!

I mute my telly...cant stand that smelling as
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009   Today at 11:10 pm

Back to top Go down

FIFA Confederations Cup - South Africa 2009
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next