Done
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 223
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Laziale since : 1996
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:13 pm

I don't know why everyone insist on some tough guy for a coach? In my humble opinion, lack of discipline isn't the reason that Lazio is drowning, but the lack of talent and condition are for sure!!

We need players who love Lazio (like Firmani), to get us out of this mess, and experienced coach for sure!!

Forza Lazio!!!
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 240
Country and city : bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:27 pm

We surely have more talent than a lot of teams who do better than us at the moment, say Cagliari or even Sampdoria. But these teams generally have a proper gameplan, positive attitude and work hard. Our players are headless chicken who seem more interested in whining to the ref than winning the game. Since the whole club is a mess a better coach won't eliminate the problem entirely but it will make it less of an issue, IMO.

And we so don't need players like Firmani, we need players who try hard AND have some skills too. Otherwise we might as well draft some of the posters here and use them in the next game... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:34 pm

Caxi wrote:
Sile wrote:
Why this will not happen:

1) Lotito doesn't like firing people, it's expensive
2) Sinisa isn't a coach of calibre to drag us out of this mess
3) Lotito has a problem with Lazio's "bandiere" of the past which is why he wouldn't want Mihajlovic, Giordano, Peruzzi or DC around

You would think so, but...

1) Lotito likes saving money and if he thinks sacking Ballardini could be "profitable", I suspect he would.
2) I think Ballardini is the man for us in the long-term but Mihajlovic would be an ideal short-term solution.
3) He does have a problem with the "bandiere" of the past but he has brought back former heroes that he has some little preference to.

So, I don't think it's clear cut...

2) How short term are we talking about? Bring Mihajlovic so he fires up the guys and tries to take us out of this mess, but then what? He has only 1 season of independent coaching experience under his belt and some time as an assistant to Mancio but that's it.

points 1 and 2 are debatable, but I'm not going to debate them.

Back to top Go down
Done
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 223
Country and city : Macedonia, Skopje
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Matrim wrote:
We surely have more talent than a lot of teams who do better than us at the moment, say Cagliari or even Sampdoria. But these teams generally have a proper gameplan, positive attitude and work hard. Our players are headless chicken who seem more interested in whining to the ref than winning the game. Since the whole club is a mess a better coach won't eliminate the problem entirely but it will make it less of an issue, IMO.

And we so don't need players like Firmani, we need players who try hard AND have some skills too. Otherwise we might as well draft some of the posters here and use them in the next game... Very Happy

I agree with you about Cagliari but, don't underestimate the talent of Sampdoria, or the coach if you want to..

I never watched Lazio for any player specifically i cheer for the team, so I have no complaints as long as they play beautiful football. The problem is that under guidance of Ballardini they doesn't know what are playing, he changed 2-3 tactics what are completly different... So the guy doesnt have a clue what he want to get from the guys, and how do we expect from them to play good football? Against Siena we had 2 chances the whole game!

Other thing, lets be real, players who "try hard" and have "some skills" - cost money :) About Baronio, I personally prefer Firmani on this position he atleast "try hard"...
Back to top Go down
zoran
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:07 pm

first of all we need quality players...especialy center difenders and creative midfielders...

in the friendlys games in the summer Balardini was playing 4-2-3-1 taktic and i cant understand why he is playing much different in the official games...

also i think that there is no way that Mihajlovic will be our next coach....(there is so many reasons...)....
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:47 pm

we have players to be in the top 6 and the reason players are under performing is the coach not Lotito. Lotito doesn't come up with the line up nor the game plan for every match so stop blaming him. he got us some decent players in the summer for the budget the club has and is reasonable to spend
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:57 pm

Lotito and his methods are killing the atmosphere in the club. At least, so it seems, it's kind of hard to jusge from thousands of kilometres away. He behaves as if the players should be honored to play for Lazio...sorry but these players play for money. No need to pretend that's not the case. If you don't sell players on time you won't get good offers, it's simple, really. We have a massive squad full of useless players and not enough quality subs for the starters, we lack a leader too. Ballardini needs to go, IMO, but the problems run deeper.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:02 am

As much as I like Mihajlovic, I think he's too inexperienced with only a few months at Bologna and an assistant to Mancini at Inter for a few years to show. I read Beretta is being considered - but he denies any contact. I really don't see the point in getting him.

I prefer Ballardini to stay - but if Lotito was to sack him then the only person that stands out to me is Zdenek Zeman. This man has experience, attitude, discipline, knows Italian football well and knows the club. But more importantly, he is a realistic option. Zoff is also an interesting option. Before Ballardini was appointed, I hoped for Allegri, so he'd also be a good alternative IMO. But honestly, its hard to believe Mister will be fired so soon. If he were to be fired - then I wouldn't expect it to happen until the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Boksic
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 264
Country and city : Malta
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:02 pm

Bobbi wrote:
As much as I like Mihajlovic, I think he's too inexperienced with only a few months at Bologna and an assistant to Mancini at Inter for a few years to show. I read Beretta is being considered - but he denies any contact. I really don't see the point in getting him.

I prefer Ballardini to stay - but if Lotito was to sack him then the only person that stands out to me is Zdenek Zeman. This man has experience, attitude, discipline, knows Italian football well and knows the club. But more importantly, he is a realistic option. Zoff is also an interesting option. Before Ballardini was appointed, I hoped for Allegri, so he'd also be a good alternative IMO. But honestly, its hard to believe Mister will be fired so soon. If he were to be fired - then I wouldn't expect it to happen until the end of the year.

Zeman would be a nightmare... with his tactics we would concede 10 goals a game. Mazzari would be the good option! He has experience at least.
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrkping
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:14 pm

Boksic wrote:
Bobbi wrote:

Zeman would be a nightmare... with his tactics we would concede 10 goals a game. Mazzari would be the good option! He has experience at least.

Mazzarri is coach of Napoli.
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 931
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Walter Novellino would be my choice.

If not, Paulo Bento (Just resigned as coach of Sporting)
Back to top Go down
Matrim
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:06 pm

Novellino is the most boring coach in the world. I'd rather have Lotito becoming a coach.
Back to top Go down
frederick
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 410
Country and city : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:20 pm

Boksic wrote:
Bobbi wrote:

On the other hand, we would also be playing very very entertaining soccer, I remember back then when Zeman was our coach, we scored 5 conceded 3, we scored 8 conceded 2, and 4-3-3 formation could also work for once affraid

My pick would be Spalleti, although it's very very unlikely drunken

I really don't think Balla would get sacked, even if we lose this weekend, Lotito just couldn't afford to pay for Balla's compensation, so like it or not, he's our coach, and he will be for the next 2 seasons.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:12 pm

Lotito forked out 20 million euros on Zarate (we think...). I don't believe for a second that he wouldn't pay 1 million to save him from losing 20, maybe 30 times more by being relegated.

What is going to bug me over the next few months is the arguments that Lotito won't lay off Ballardini for financial reasons.

I can't understand the criticism of Ballardini. He has credentials; he is a top notch youth coach and I think the fact that Radu and Diakite' have improved considerably, Perpetuini becoming a decent squad member with Luciani and Faraoni (pre-injury) knocking on some doors say he has done a job there. Regardless of criticism, Baronio and Mauri have been made useful team players, even Inzaghi and Makinwa have been given a slight chance and may just do something in time.

Problem players?

Cruz; he doesn't know the team.
Zarate; lost his strike partner in Pandev.
Rocchi; same as Zarate.
Muslera; apparent loss in confidence that could be attributed to the Formello debacle.
Bizzarri; still settling in.
Eliseu; having to adjust to life in Italy and calcio in general.
Cribari; not adapting well to having Ledesma cover him.
Siviglia; same as Emilson.

I could go on...

Maybe I am an eternal optimist Very Happy but I actually see where Ballardini has improved us and I think given time, he will work wonders. If Lotito decides against sacking him, he has my full support and I will not attribute it to financial reasons.

Keep in mind, Delio took a squad he knew for 5 years to 10th in the league. Ballardini is having to face the same problems minus quite a few key players, he's having to build a team and the players are having to adapt to a new coach, a new style and new personnel. If we're languishing aroun 14th, 15th come March or April, maybe a change is necessary but at least give the guy a chance. David Moyes at Everton has been building a squad for seven years and is struggling to battle on all fronts, they're languishing 14th in the league, they had their own Pandev scenario in Lescott and yet nobody is calling for his head because they know what he is capable of. Having watched Ballardini mastermind a miraculous escape for Cagliari and guide a relatively weak Palermo side to a more than credible league position, I feel he is better than every other realistic suggestion that has been made.

If we replace Balla with a coach of, let's say, Mihajlovic's calibre, we may do just fine this season but in the event of it actually happening, mark my words when I say we will be sitting here this time next year having the exact same discussion. I hope for our sake Davide stays.
Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:53 pm

Look at this stats, Napoli since Mazzari took over.

Napoli 1-0 Fiorentina
Napoli 2-2 AC Milan
Napoli 3-2 Juventus

@Caxi: your nuts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Caxi wrote:
Lotito forked out 20 million euros on Zarate (we think...). I don't believe for a second that he wouldn't pay 1 million to save him from losing 20, maybe 30 times more by being relegated.

What is going to bug me over the next few months is the arguments that Lotito won't lay off Ballardini for financial reasons.

Maybe I am an eternal optimist Very Happy but I actually see where Ballardini has improved us and I think given time, he will work wonders. If Lotito decides against sacking him, he has my full support and I will not attribute it to financial reasons.

Keep in mind, Delio took a squad he knew for 5 years to 10th in the league. Ballardini is having to face the same problems minus quite a few key players, he's having to build a team and the players are having to adapt to a new coach, a new style and new personnel. If we're languishing aroun 14th, 15th come March or April, maybe a change is necessary but at least give the guy a chance. David Moyes at Everton has been building a squad for seven years and is struggling to battle on all fronts, they're languishing 14th in the league, they had their own Pandev scenario in Lescott and yet nobody is calling for his head because they know what he is capable of. Having watched Ballardini mastermind a miraculous escape for Cagliari and guide a relatively weak Palermo side to a more than credible league position, I feel he is better than every other realistic suggestion that has been made.

If we replace Balla with a coach of, let's say, Mihajlovic's calibre, we may do just fine this season but in the event of it actually happening, mark my words when I say we will be sitting here this time next year having the exact same discussion. I hope for our sake Davide stays.

You are not an optimist you are just not very smart.

And why are we talking about Miha like hes an option? Miha was never close to 100% in terms of mental status with some stupid remarks about Serbian nationalists etc.

I think this forum should have supported Delio alot more then it did and In my opinion most of you should stop bitchin about Balla.
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:39 pm

And you should stop bitchin' about everything else. Your the biggest pessimist in the forum.

Balla just needs some time and I'm sure he can make a good team out of Lazio. I fully agree with every word Caxi said.
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:55 am

Caxi wrote:

Problem players?

Cruz; he doesn't know the team.
Zarate; lost his strike partner in Pandev.
Rocchi; same as Zarate.
Muslera; apparent loss in confidence that could be attributed to the Formello debacle.
Bizzarri; still settling in.
Eliseu; having to adjust to life in Italy and calcio in general.
Cribari; not adapting well to having Ledesma cover him.
Siviglia; same as Emilson.

I could go on...

Let me help you

Inzaghi; at Formello they don't provide him his favorite biscuits for breakfast.

Tare; apparent learning deficiency that could be the cause of him say that we are stronger than last year.
Ballardini; slow starter, still adjusting to be a slave to lotito.
Back to top Go down
David
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 94
Country and city : England
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:29 am

If we sack Balladini then replace him with Sinisa then the goal for the season will be to stay up. If Lotito sacks Ballardini then it shows he has fear of relagation. My belief is that Lotito will give Ballardini time if he feels we won't relegated with Ballardini in charge.
Back to top Go down
blue-white
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 384
Country and city : Austria
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:11 am

I always thought, and I m also thinking now, that Ballardini is the better coach than Rossi.

BUT when a team has such a bad run, the coach has to leave. NOW!
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Any fresh news from Rome? I don't see anything new coming around.
How's the reactions from the last games? Are there gone be anymore protest aginast the team and Mr Lotito?
Will Lotito leave soon? bounce
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Lotito said in the past when we like usually lost to someone that this is the wake-up call to the players...i dont see them awake....but if someone burns Lotitos villa down then maybe HE will wake up and gets out.
And yes if Lotito keeps balla only because the financial basis then i dont see how we are gonna get some fresh blood in January. Siviglia is on the verge of caducity that he may even forget for which side is he really playin on the field.
Back to top Go down
Alessandro Nesta
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 5
Country and city : BiH, Tuzla
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:51 pm

I think we should keep him until the Serie A finish, maybe he'll figure out the formation, or the starting eleven, or the system all together, and then we can prepare ourselves for some ass kicking in Serie B...
Sarcasm, anyone?
Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:31 pm

martinese wrote:
And you should stop bitchin' about everything else. Your the biggest pessimist in the forum.

Balla just needs some time and I'm sure he can make a good team out of Lazio. I fully agree with every word Caxi said.

Im a pessimist?? Im a realist and Im not someone who changes his opinion because its the simple solution.

I always stod behind Delio Rossi because he did a terrific job and it was crazy to push him away from the club.

I wish Caxi could stop grinding on Lotitos Cxxk and stop posting stupid, pointless posts about who much worse the situation could be.

We all know that Lazio where hours away from the same fate that happened upon Fiorentina and Lotito did infact step in with a solution which worked short term. However its now really clear to everyone with an intact brainstem that Lotito is not the right person to run the club and infact he is killing it.

In short ... until Lotito puts Lazio up for sale at a reasonable price I will bitch about him - and so should every REAL Lazio supporter.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:24 pm

right now the problem is Ballardini can't come up with the right tactic nor motivation for a game and depends on individual qualities of the players IMO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Today at 9:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Mr. Davide Ballardini
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next