Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:56 am

The Big Payback wrote:
Maybe some of Palermo's top players will follow him to Lazio.

I know Fabio Simplicio is allowed to leave for free this summer, and Marco Bresciano has stated he is unhappy with life at Palermo for the last season or so (I remember Lazio and City were both interested in him). Potential targets?
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:09 am

Bobbi wrote:
The Big Payback wrote:

I know Fabio Simplicio is allowed to leave for free this summer, and Marco Bresciano has stated he is unhappy with life at Palermo for the last season or so (I remember Lazio and City were both interested in him). Potential targets?

Simplicio is already being talked about.

LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 1434
Country and city : South Australia
Laziale since : nascita

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:23 am

Bobbi wrote:
The Big Payback wrote:

Marco Bresciano was interviewed last week as he's back in Melbourne for the final WC qualifiers and he stated that he's happy at Palermo and no longer wants a move back to a more northern or English club.

Although as an Italian-Australian, Bresc would be like a massive bandiera to me if he came to Lazio. He was linked with us in the summer of '06 before he went to Sicilia. I'd hand them a Mauri or a Meghni in exchange for him, but purely on footballing terms, Simplicio is the better player.

NMH
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 20
Country and city : A different planet
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:51 pm

conceicao14 wrote:
NMH wrote:
Ballardini impressed me alot by taking a very poor Cagliari team out of the relegation zone. On the other hand his stint with Palermo has been so-so. They could have done a little better than the players they have.

It remains to be seen if he can do a good job for more than one season and I hope he has good man management skills to keep the dressing room united.

I'm carefully optimistic. Atleast we didn't go for some loser like Mihajlovic.

Oh come on, lets be grateful of Miha, he is a champion and a Laziale.
Sacked as assistant in Inter and sacked after six months in Bologna. Yeah, what a champion.
Back to top Go down
Nesta
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 57
Country and city : Jordan-Amman
Registration date : 2008-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:21 am

Was Ballardini coach of palermo all the last season I think some one else was the coach of palermo before him in the last season scratch ?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:29 am

Nesta wrote:
Was Ballardini coach of palermo all the last season I think some one else was the coach of palermo before him in the last season scratch ?

Stefano Colantuono was there at the beginning of last season but was sacked after 2 games I think it was. They lost in the cup to Ravenna (interestingly, Ballardini's hometown club) and their first game in Serie A (can't remember who it was against)
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Does anyone know what his preferred formation is? a more classic 4-4-2?
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Cash wrote:
Does anyone know what his preferred formation is? a more classic 4-4-2?

Yes, two frontmen and a back four but the midfield is difficult to know about as versatile players like Bresciano have always dictated the shape of his midfields.

Probably a good thing if we lose Ledesma.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:15 pm

If Eliseu is on his way, that shows that we are planning to play a more classic game with two fast wingers and with Ledesma leaving, it looks even more so. Add to that the names that have been out there regarding potential attackers and I think it is becoming clearer what kind of a formation Ballardini is looking for..two positions have been left undiscussed (when it comes to media and transfers) and that is the two central midfielders so it is hard to say if we will have a diamond or a more straight mid midfield, or any other option.

Just speculating...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Cash wrote:
If Eliseu is on his way, that shows that we are planning to play a more classic game with two fast wingers and with Ledesma leaving, it looks even more so. Add to that the names that have been out there regarding potential attackers and I think it is becoming clearer what kind of a formation Ballardini is looking for..two positions have been left undiscussed (when it comes to media and transfers) and that is the two central midfielders so it is hard to say if we will have a diamond or a more straight mid midfield, or any other option.

Just speculating...

Well, last season he sometimes used Guana or Nocerino as the holding player and moved Bresciano to play in behind the forwards, leaving Simplicio and Liverani to be the creators. Perhaps he intends to use Foggia as a winger and a trequartista. Thus, Matuzalem would be one of the creators, perhaps Dabo or Brocchi could fill that holding role and then someone like Simplicio will be drafted in.

From what I have seen, it's almost as if he likes 5 players doing the defending and another 5 trying to instigate an attack. I can think of 3 very obvious first team attackers, it's a matter of locating the other 2.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:21 pm

A belated welcome to Mr Ballardini.
Palermo were certainly an improved side with him coaching, however they were also capable of the same inconsistencies that plagued our season. We must hope he can get the best out of our squad with his tactical style and that he manages to avoid too many arguments and problems with players. As for Palermo players that I'd like to see here, well Cavani is obviously the main one. I agree that he'd be overpriced at 12mil but then who isn't overpriced these days? Simon Kjaer has been a revelation according to most sources and although very young would be a very good, if unlikely, signing. I hope we don't get linked with the likes of Guana, Simplicio and Bresciano again now, I don't rate them that highly.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:51 am

Here is an interesting stat about Palermo last season:

At home, Palermo scored more goals in the league with 42. Away, only Reggina scored less.

Their form differed greatly from home to away which concerns me a little. However, it probably shows more than anything, just how entertaining a side they could be last season.

I would settle for 42 goals in front of the Curva Nord this season.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Definitely Caxi, we need to get back to having a good solid home record, last seasons was miserable. If we could score anything like 42 goals at home that would be a real treat! Good home form takes the pressure off the away performances a little bit and obviously helps the fans morale. If we could still manage 6 or 7 away wins, that would really jump us up the table to the Europa spots.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Ed wrote:
Definitely Caxi, we need to get back to having a good solid home record, last seasons was miserable. If we could score anything like 42 goals at home that would be a real treat! Good home form takes the pressure off the away performances a little bit and obviously helps the fans morale. If we could still manage 6 or 7 away wins, that would really jump us up the table to the Europa spots.

For sure, we weren't good this season away anyway. Imagine if we had won most of the home games we should, we would have top 6 easy.

Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 484
Country and city : Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:32 am

welcome and good luck Davide! one of my favorite ...i just hope he will not disappoint us
Back to top Go down
venehenry
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 48
Country and city : venezuela
Registration date : 2008-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 pm

i have a good felling that mr Davide will do a great job cheers
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:04 am

Im so pleased that hes here.
I had 3 wishes before the end of the season. To win Juve-Done then To win the cup-Done and the last To kick rossis ass-DONE
I wish the best to you mr. Ballardini
I hope i will meet him in Aurenzo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:40 pm

From what i understand, Ballardini is to appear in a show in Italy at 20.30 tonight, discussing potential transfers and what it is that he is planning as the new coach of Lazio. If anyone is familiar and has the access to Sportitalia please do give us a short summary of what the new Mister is saying...
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:21 am

No problemo, I'll round it up for you Cash as best I can.

Asked if he was ever close to taking charge at Milan, he said he was never contacted and sought to mention that he was happy at Lazio; a great club. He was asked about Kaka leaving Milan and he admitted that it was one offensive option less but the damage of his departure will be determined on the field this season.

The squad size issue was put to him and he admitted it was big but was keen to add that we are not the only club with this issue.

On Pandev, he said he is not sure what the outcome will be but said he has watched a serene Pandev in training over the last few days.

Asked if Rocchi and Zarate would be partners, Davide said Tommaso was a great player with unique characteristics bu formation will be discussed in the near future.

On transfer targets, he said Eliseu was a good winger that he had been following. He said he could not really speak about targets but said Oliveira was not a tarhet and that Simplicio was never requested. When asked about who makes the transfer decisions, he said "Lazio."

All in all, it was a series of clever responses from the new coach, revealing little about himself or our objectives. You can find the dialogue in Italian here: http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/?action=read&idnotizia=5930
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Thanx Caxi!

Clever responses yes, and a very straight forward interview without any twists and turns. Guess thats a good thing, for now...
He seems to be an honest and modest man..
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:47 pm

cash wrote :
He seems to be an honest and modest man..
it s seems,i m interesting what kind of relations he use with the players,do he use rotacion or not,do he wants some special player to join us or he will be happy with this players that we have
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Caxi wrote:
Ballardini is somewhat of a slow starter. I just hope that all those who called for Rossi's head will give him the time he deserves.

4 and a half months later and what do you know...

I think the biggest loss we could make is ditching Balla. Sincerely hope that doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Caxi wrote:
Caxi wrote:
Ballardini is somewhat of a slow starter. I just hope that all those who called for Rossi's head will give him the time he deserves.

4 and a half months later and what do you know...

I think the biggest loss we could make is ditching Balla. Sincerely hope that doesn't happen.

Can I borrow your crystal ball? I wanna play the lottery tonight! Very Happy

Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 570
Country and city : Northern Ireland, Belfast
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:48 pm

Do we let him stay or get rid?This sh*t cant continue.

Sono confuso.

Tough times.
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:17 am

I can understand why some people are disappointed and want Ballardini to be sacked but really that's silly.

Ballardini needs to stay. Give the man some time. He has a reputation of starting slowly (remember last season with Palermo). After the Super Coppa triumph and the 2 wins in Serie A everyone was praising him saying that Lotito made the right decision. A couple of games into the season and some bad results doesn't mean Mister is doing a bad job. His ever changing formations and tactics do puzzle me at times, but he's still adapting to the players he has and where they would do best so I can't criticise him for that too much - its something which needs to be done especially when several players are out injured, etc. The early part of this season at least seems like a transition period.

I'm more pissed off at 'El Presidente'.

Its not Ballardini's fault Lotito didn't splash out on a central defender (or anyone really - apart from securing Zarate and Matuzalem). He's done the best he can with the current squad, despite a lack of depth and IMO has gotten a lot out of them. The defense looks better than it did last season - despite losing Rozehnal and De Silvestri. Look at Mauri, Baronio, Radu, Diakite, Matuzalem, also Del Nero and Perpetuini - they have all stepped up big time this season. The January mercato will be key once again. If Ballardini and Lotito can find proper reinforcements (especially so if the club qualifies for the next round of the Europa League) then I really do think the second half of the season could be better than the first. The question is, will Lotito open his pocket for the good of Lazio? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Today at 6:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Mr. Davide Ballardini
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next