Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:25 am

Excellent post Bobbi. I have to agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
LazioSS
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 104
Country and city : Australia Banja Luka
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:15 am

Good post Bobbi. I agree 1000000000000%!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
phantomm1976
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 841
Country and city : kosova
Laziale since : 1992
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:08 pm

great post bobbi,just hope that he will give foggia chance,also the freedom in game for mauro(more balls on him)
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:55 pm

I resent him playing around with tactics, formations, player positions, there is no order and no security. Experimenting is for when you can afford it, not when the results are well under the potential.
When you play players out of their natural position, when you rotate center backs which is ludicrous, when you play Zarate so far away from goal then you better have a back up plan when things go awry. So far we don't have a plan B, and plan A isn't working.

Stick to the ABC-s of football, play a stable measured tactic that does not focus on either defense or attack exclusively.

Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2234
Country and city : Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo
Laziale since : 1998

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:30 pm

Bobbi wrote:
I can understand why some people are disappointed and want Ballardini to be sacked but really that's silly.

Ballardini needs to stay. Give the man some time. He has a reputation of starting slowly (remember last season with Palermo). After the Super Coppa triumph and the 2 wins in Serie A everyone was praising him saying that Lotito made the right decision. A couple of games into the season and some bad results doesn't mean Mister is doing a bad job. His ever changing formations and tactics do puzzle me at times, but he's still adapting to the players he has and where they would do best so I can't criticise him for that too much - its something which needs to be done especially when several players are out injured, etc. The early part of this season at least seems like a transition period.

I'm more pissed off at 'El Presidente'.

Its not Ballardini's fault Lotito didn't splash out on a central defender (or anyone really - apart from securing Zarate and Matuzalem). He's done the best he can with the current squad, despite a lack of depth and IMO has gotten a lot out of them. The defense looks better than it did last season - despite losing Rozehnal and De Silvestri. Look at Mauri, Baronio, Radu, Diakite, Matuzalem, also Del Nero and Perpetuini - they have all stepped up big time this season. The January mercato will be key once again. If Ballardini and Lotito can find proper reinforcements (especially so if the club qualifies for the next round of the Europa League) then I really do think the second half of the season could be better than the first. The question is, will Lotito open his pocket for the good of Lazio? Wink

sorry but I can't agree - 1/3 of the season passed already and we are 1 point over the relegation zone. How long should we wait for him? Livorno and Siena changed already. In my eyes this means their presidents are not ok with their performance and demand more of the team. So keeping Ballardini means to me Lotito and everyone are ok with us sitting next to the relegation zone instead of fighting for the europe places. So far we didn't have 1 decent game! All the games we played under him we played like a squad just put together and we were relying on something else but not our football qualities which we have but Ballardini can't get out of the team. Can't see why he doesn't play Foggia? How could Cagliari find space for him and he pulled them out of the relegation 2 seasons ago ( I think) but he can't play for us? The back line is ok - making so many mistakes is not their fault. If they make mistakes the coach should work with them to clear them out. This is my opinion - Balla can't hadle it!
Back to top Go down
martinese
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 784
Country and city : Bulgaria, Sofia

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:58 am

Balla needs more time. He can't fix everything for 1 or 2 months. He isn't Harry Potter to do some magic and fix up all the mess in the club. He can't find out the best 11 and doesn't know which 11 players to use and thats why he is rotating the team all the time. I'm sure he will have a lot of great moments with Lazio but he just needs time and to be left in peace to work.

FORZA BALLA !!!
Back to top Go down
William-85
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 570
Country and city : Northern Ireland, Belfast
Registration date : 2009-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:00 am

Bobbi wrote:
I can understand why some people are disappointed and want Ballardini to be sacked but really that's silly.

Ballardini needs to stay. Give the man some time. He has a reputation of starting slowly (remember last season with Palermo). After the Super Coppa triumph and the 2 wins in Serie A everyone was praising him saying that Lotito made the right decision.

I dont remember that.Maybe I missed it.

I dont think anyone praises Balla for the Super Coppa triumph,that was pure luck.

If we lose tomorrow again ..........
Back to top Go down
Bobbi
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2371
Country and city : Auckland NZ
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:42 am

William-85 wrote:
Bobbi wrote:

Ballardini needs to stay. Give the man some time. He has a reputation of starting slowly (remember last season with Palermo). After the Super Coppa triumph and the 2 wins in Serie A everyone was praising him saying that Lotito made the right decision.

I dont remember that.Maybe I missed it.

I dont think anyone praises Balla for the Super Coppa triumph,that was pure luck.

If we lose tomorrow again ..........

You're right William, I agree, I over exaggerated with the 'praising', I apologise, but there was real optimism and excitement among many of us after that win just thinking about what Ballardini could potentially do at Lazio.

The Super Coppa was a bit of luck (in that Inter didn't take their chances), I agree - but in no way 'pure luck'. To me that performance showed that Ballardini had a game plan, some good tactics and ideas. He stuck with them and together as a team Lazio pulled through. It wasn't a fancy outing but one that showed the team could work as a unit and that Ballardini could get the best out of the current players. For this reason I still have faith in Mister. It couldn't have been a one game miracle could it?

As I said before, if Lotito isn't such a cheap ass and opens his wallet in January and the club brings in 2-3 quality players, then I genuinely think that Lazio could have a good second half of the season. The current team has some terrific players - but also too many mediocre ones as well. The first few rounds of the season have no doubt frustrated me (like all of us) but I'm a person who likes to remain hopeful and look forward to the future. So for now I support Davide, but in a few months time I'll see whether my opinion has changed or not. Wink
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:33 am

martinese wrote:
Balla needs more time. He can't fix everything for 1 or 2 months. He isn't Harry Potter to do some magic and fix up all the mess in the club. He can't find out the best 11 and doesn't know which 11 players to use and thats why he is rotating the team all the time. I'm sure he will have a lot of great moments with Lazio but he just needs time and to be left in peace to work.

FORZA BALLA !!!

What is one of the purposes of the pre-season? I'd say give him tomorrow's match too, but I know he won't get fired by Lotito.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:48 am

I'm running a poll on him at the minute and it seems 2/3 of people still support Ballardini but interestingly, 2/3 of those people have said it wouldn't matter who is in charge for that's not the problem.
Back to top Go down
Cash
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

Number of posts : 2163
Country and city : Sthlm Sweden
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:21 pm

He will never be fired, since we have a president that would never pay two salaries at once. Apart from that, I dont think Ballardini is the main problem, even though it was obvious from day one that he was too unexperienced to take charge of this Lazio...

The discussion around him is useless. He is here, and he will be until we see the end of this season. Lotito has found another sheep to control as he wants, and there is no use in discussing him "being or not"...
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:37 pm

He is unable to make use of the potential this squad has. I can't escape the feeling he's quickly running low on excuses and that he might be shown the door sooner rather than later.

Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:42 pm

Silenzio stampa.
http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/lazio/?action=read&idnotizia=8236
F****** great.

Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
Bobbi wrote:

Ballardini needs to stay. Give the man some time. He has a reputation of starting slowly (remember last season with Palermo). After the Super Coppa triumph and the 2 wins in Serie A everyone was praising him saying that Lotito made the right decision. A couple of games into the season and some bad results doesn't mean Mister is doing a bad job. His ever changing formations and tactics do puzzle me at times, but he's still adapting to the players he has and where they would do best so I can't criticise him for that too much - its something which needs to be done especially when several players are out injured, etc. The early part of this season at least seems like a transition period.

I'm more pissed off at 'El Presidente'.

Its not Ballardini's fault Lotito didn't splash out on a central defender (or anyone really - apart from securing Zarate and Matuzalem). He's done the best he can with the current squad, despite a lack of depth and IMO has gotten a lot out of them. The defense looks better than it did last season - despite losing Rozehnal and De Silvestri. Look at Mauri, Baronio, Radu, Diakite, Matuzalem, also Del Nero and Perpetuini - they have all stepped up big time this season. The January mercato will be key once again. If Ballardini and Lotito can find proper reinforcements (especially so if the club qualifies for the next round of the Europa League) then I really do think the second half of the season could be better than the first. The question is, will Lotito open his pocket for the good of Lazio? Wink

sorry but I can't agree - 1/3 of the season passed already and we are 1 point over the relegation zone. How long should we wait for him? Livorno and Siena changed already. In my eyes this means their presidents are not ok with their performance and demand more of the team. So keeping Ballardini means to me Lotito and everyone are ok with us sitting next to the relegation zone instead of fighting for the europe places. So far we didn't have 1 decent game! All the games we played under him we played like a squad just put together and we were relying on something else but not our football qualities which we have but Ballardini can't get out of the team. Can't see why he doesn't play Foggia? How could Cagliari find space for him and he pulled them out of the relegation 2 seasons ago ( I think) but he can't play for us? The back line is ok - making so many mistakes is not their fault. If they make mistakes the coach should work with them to clear them out. This is my opinion - Balla can't hadle it!

You´ve posted over 1200 posts and haven´t been right once so I´m gonna file this under the rest of your unnecessary posts.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:21 pm

I don't understand why we are criticising Ballardini's selection decision when it comes to Foggia; he did manage that side that miraculously escaped relegation, apparently due to Foggia Suspect
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:05 pm

I don't really care about your opinion :) and I think once you said you'll never post again ot LF so....what are you doing still here? go protest against Lotito. as far as I can see I am right 1/3 of the season is gone and we are fighting for relegation :) sooo go somewhere :) oh and I forgot ... I am quoting Bobbi not you so another reason to go .... well I'm not going to say it :)

P.S. If you think your post are necessary you are totally wrong :) cheers :)

this goes to centro...

Caxi IMO if we can't score and can't create we can't keep our most dangerous player after Zarate on the bench...but this is just me
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Roman_Eagle wrote:
Caxi IMO if we can't score and can't create we can't keep our most dangerous player after Zarate on the bench...but this is just me

I agree that he has his uses but aside from two assists, he's been a liability, in general. Personally that's how I feel. No one is firing so I'm not really questioning his decision on that.

He knows Foggia from Cagliari, probably knows him from Milan too so I trust his judgement. It's where he is playing others that's annoying me.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm questioning his positioning of players as well. He's limited with selection in some areas, but some players are more versatile than others. What scares me is that on Thursday Matuzalem will again be suspended, leaving an obvious gap in that role, which today wasn't adequately dealt with, resulting in a piss poor draw against the dead last team in A.

Just look at the highlights, 90 minutes of football and 1 goal and one clear chance is all we can muster? Plus I saw one chance Cruz had in that stream, shot blocked after Zarate's pass. Something's dead wrong.

So what can we expect from him against Villareal who are several times the quality, speed and strength of Siena? A loss is unacceptable, I really don't care how but he better show why he was brought here.

Back to top Go down
centrocampista
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 416
Country and city : sweden, malmo
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:29 am

I don´t know what the f'ck Cruz is doing @ Lazio ... I thought it was a stupid move from day 0.
Back to top Go down
Roman_Eagle
Lazio Eagle
Lazio Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:20 am

Sile we have a disallowed goal so that is one more chance :)
Back to top Go down
Skenderbeu
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 591
Country and city : Sweden, Prishtina
Laziale since : 98/99

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:30 am

Bad times laziali, I hope we soon will go forward.
Back to top Go down
Amir
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 595
Country and city : Kosovo
Laziale since : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:33 am

Ballardini should have never been appointed in first place.

But since he had and considering the defeats against teams like Parma, Bari and Cagliar, he should have been fired.

It is too late now, we are pretty low in the standings, but it can still get worse...so FIRE HIM for the love of God.
Back to top Go down
Mark
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 153
Country and city : Netherlands, Delft
Laziale since : 2000

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:34 pm

I would say for me his future would depend on the next two games. We desperately need possitive results.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:11 pm

A good article on goal.com

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2009/11/05/1605826/goal-lazio-is-it-time-to-sack-lazio-coach-davide-ballardini

Back to top Go down
Jofo
Forum Maister
Forum Maister

Number of posts : 1712
Registration date : 2008-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:53 pm

Goal are so full of trap. I wouldn't take a candy from them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr. Davide Ballardini   Today at 3:13 am

Back to top Go down

Mr. Davide Ballardini
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next