LDS
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 17
Country and city : World Citizen
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:20 pm

News update from Sweden

July 31st: Bengtsson's agent, Cabrera, denies saying "only details remain until Bengtsson signs for Lazio" to lalaziosiamonoi.it http://www.eurosport.se/fotboll/serie-a/2009-2010/agenten-i-italien_sto2019045/story.shtml. I guess the article refers to this: http://www.lalaziosiamonoi.it/?action=read&idnotizia=6400, don't know italian...

August 3rd: "Lazio is a great club, not many have the chance to play there, of course they interest me" http://sydsvenskan.se/sport/fotboll/article535165/Bengtsson-allt-narmare-Lazio.html

August 5th: Last night Lazio were ready with a contract for Bengtsson to sign, but neither the play nor his agent showed up to the appointed meeting. Lazio representatives were annoyed and they couldn't get hold of them through phone calls. Bengtsson: "I don't know anything about that. I'm home right now. I was there last weekend and payed them a visit and I got a very good impression. The possibility to play for Lazio? Of course it's very interesting. There are top class players in all teams down there. To have the possibility to go to Lazio as a young player, especially a defensive player, would be very good for my progress. My chances to play regularly? You can never be guaranteed to start every game in such a big club as Lazio, but if I get the chance I will take it. If I go I will try to be in the starting lineup. How good my Italian is? Those I have met spoke English. Now I can only say "pasta" and "vafanculo" but that is all I need to know on the pitch (hahaha). According to the article, there will be another opportunity for him to sign today.
http://fotboll.expressen.se/Allsvenskan/1.1661733/skulle-skriva-pa-dok-aldrig-upp

August 5th: AZ official: "we wanted Rasmus, but he wanted something else. He didn't tell us why, but I assume it's because he wants to go to Lazio" http://fotboll.expressen.se/Allsvenskan/1.1662333/bengtsson-nobbar-hollandska-mastarna

If you ask me, I think Bengtsson visited many clubs in order to get some good offers and Corriere didn't really get that so when they understood he was at Formello visiting Lotito they went official about him going to Lazio and that it's a done deal. With that being said, i think Lazio is his first choice..
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Laziale since : 1999
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:24 pm

And latest is that Bengtsson is very close to sign with a Bundesliga club, probably Hertha Berlin, all who is missing is the medical check. http://www.eurosport.se/fotboll/allsvenskan/2009/bengtsson-nara-bundesliga_sto2023350/story.shtml
Back to top Go down
LDS
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 17
Country and city : World Citizen
Registration date : 2008-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 am

Haha, most frequently appeared sentence: "[insert news agency here] har förgäves sökt Rasmus Bengtsson, hans agent Oliver Cabrera och Trelleborgs klubbdirektör Lasse Larsson för en kommentar"

([insert news agency] has not been able to get in touch with Rasmus Bengtsson, his agent Oliver Cabrera and Trelleborg official Lasse Larsson)
Back to top Go down
killer89
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 109
Country and city : Sweden Skövde
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:15 pm

It says the he signed a 4 year contract with us and at the same time talked to Hertha Berlin and that Lazio are really pissed of that and may go to FIFA and complain and a lot of other stuff..... scratch Dont know if all true but.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Henrik
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 576
Country and city : Sweden, Norrköping
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:10 pm

His agent said that the deal with Hertha Berlin will be finalized today or at latest tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Fratellino
Aquilotto
Aquilotto

Number of posts : 4
Country and city : Göteborg, Sweden
Registration date : 2009-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:43 pm

This affair has grown to become a pretty big deal in swedish newspapers today. On the front page on one of the bigger papers, Expressen, there are several articles on the subject.

http://www.expressen.se/sport

Igli Tare says that Lazio had in fact signed a contract with Bengtsson, but that the players agent refuse to ackgnowledge this. Now it seems like Bengtsson is closer to Hertha Berlin than Lazio.

The novelist, poet, romanista and expert on italian football Marcus Birro has also written a quite strident article on Bengtsson and his agents strange behavior.
Back to top Go down
Ermetico
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2227
Country and city : Italia, Roma
Laziale since : 1973
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Fratellino.
I have to clarify one point: Both agents ( Bengtsoon and the other swedish player) were in Rome few days ago and , more specifically, in Lotito hadquarter.
As far as i know and from the phone calls that i did during that period in order to acquire an appontment with him i am sure that ppl in the waiting room ( well famous already) were really disappointed after 4 hours of ...please wait please wait....
This is Lotito style and behaviour coz he wants to do all by himself.
For sure he lost many occasion , style, to finalize some contracts for this reason.

valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997
Registration date : 2008-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Lets hope you are right, I rate bengtsson highly and I expect him to be a starter if he joins.
Back to top Go down
Ed
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 688
Country and city : England, Cambridge
Laziale since : 1998
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:56 pm

This looks pretty conclusive to me http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/77108/Bengtsson+alla+Lazio%3F+No%2C+ha+firmato+per+l%27Herta we lost out again...
Back to top Go down
Laziale``
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 329
Country and city : Skopje,Macedonia
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Damn!!!
Back to top Go down
Bridge-Bhoy
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 931
Country and city : Northern Ireland
Laziale since : 2002
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:01 pm

This means we absolutley cannot sell Radu now.

Lugano deal is way to complicated.
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Bridge-Bhoy wrote:
This means we absolutley cannot sell Radu now.

Lugano deal is way to complicated.

I would rather keep Radu over Bengtsson anyway to be honest.

Honour member
Honour member

Number of posts : 734
Country and city : Italy, Rome
Laziale since : I was born
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:23 pm

Ed wrote:
This looks pretty conclusive to me http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/77108/Bengtsson+alla+Lazio%3F+No%2C+ha+firmato+per+l%27Herta we lost out again...

It says that they have been waiting for more than 4 hours to finalize the deal and that they have been treated disrespectfully... and this has been crucial for their decision to look somewhere else.

That's impossible, clearly they made it up! I refuse to believe... I will never believe that lotito treated someone disrespectfully!!!
Back to top Go down
valdanito_10
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 783
Country and city : dominican republic, santo domingo
Laziale since : 1997

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 pm

tare said they will take it to fifa
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

Number of posts : 3884
Country and city : Ireland
Laziale since : 1995

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:01 pm

I assume some kind of contract was in place before Lotito kept them for 4 hours. Clearly, there's a belief that they broke something.

Claudio shouldn't keep people waiting, that much is true, but you can't go breaking agreements and obviously the Lazio hierarchy feel that is the case.

Either way, it is enough for me to say that I'd rather we didn't bother; the deal is not worth the effort bounce
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:59 pm

I didn't expect not even an attempt to criticize lotito from many people here, but trying to defend him this time looks a bit weird to me.

The point is not that "Radu is better than Bengtsson", or "we'll take it to FIFA" or "there is a belief they broke an agreement".
The point, in fact, is not Bengtsson. It's not the deal that would change the destiny of Lazio anyway.

The point is that once again lotito proved he cannot manage a top level football club. His arrogance, his way to run the business has already costed Lazio many valuable players and a lot of money, and, what's worse, things are not changing.
But only narrow minded and smart arse behaving people (like me) worry.

PS. Lazio does not belong to lotito, it belongs to the fans...
Back to top Go down
LazioS70
Curva Nord
Curva Nord

Number of posts : 859
Country and city : Estonia
Laziale since : 2000
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:05 pm

Nobody doesent know what 100% truly happened there...so dont say lotito cant manage the club. Ofcourse he has many problems leading the club....but lets be honest...this mercado hasnt been thab bad at all. And i think it hasnt ended yet.
So lets see and wait. 8th of August is only 2 days away :)
Back to top Go down
Giolazio
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2665
Country and city : Glasgow, Scozia
Laziale since : 1990

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Lotito has proved his arrogance again which sucks but on the other hand, if a player really wanted to sign why would a 4 hour wait make hm change his mind? That is a little suss to me too.

Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:18 pm

Gio, the same thing happened with Peruzzi... and in that occasion, like in this one, it was not just a matter of waiting time. I think that a president of a top level football club cannot behave in this way.

Just a few days ago I was told by a friend about an interview of Marseille former president talking about his meeting with lotito...

LazioS70 wrote:
Nobody doesent know what 100% truly happened there...so dont say lotito cant manage the club.

True. Nobody knows what really happened there. However, many people (not you, apparently?) know what happened in the past between other players and the same president... and perhaps they also have a certain knowledge of things at Lazio.

The fact that lotito can't manage a top club is an opinion of myself (and i think people should make an effort and respect it), which I matured after years... years where I listened to the same music from the almighty saviour. Sadly, it's an opinion which is supported by the facts. Bengtsonn's affair is another very little (and insignificant) song, but it belongs to the same genre.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:18 pm

Conn wrote:
PS. Lazio does not belong to lotito, it belongs to the fans...

As much as that is a beautiful, sweeping statement, the reality is, it does belong to Lotito. And as much as each and every fan can play his or her part, the harsh reality of the situation is, fans can't run football clubs. We can run the guy out of town but that won't make things any better because millions and millions of fans cannot run a club like Lazio, or any club for that matter.

I can't point the finger at this case and say "he can't run a football club because he messed up with Bengtsson." Alternatively, I can't say "look, the guy managed to convince Julio Cruz to come here, he is a genius!"

What Lotito does regarding players like Bengtsson does not concern me; we are in Serie A, we are afloat so that doesn't bug me.

It's just at some point, we need to progress but up until this point, I have seen a progression on the pitch. Behind the scenes however is another matter entirely, as we all know...
Back to top Go down
Namortsac
Curva Maestrelli
Curva Maestrelli

Number of posts : 144
Country and city : Sweden/Lund
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:11 am

Conn wrote:

Just a few days ago I was told by a friend about an interview of Marseille former president talking about his meeting with lotito...

Bernard Tapie the crook? And what did he say about Lotito?
Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:30 am

Caxi, your reply really saddened me.

You think about Lazio as a company, which belongs to shareholders. And, as a kid with his toy, shareholders can do whatever they want, as long as they have the majority of the shares (or, in the case of lotito, they make some illegal agreement with some other friend to control the company).

I think about Lazio as an "Ideal", with its more than 100 years. This "Ideal" came alive thanks of a bunch of guys, who put in it their passion and their dreams. And these dreams passed from one generation to the next, thanks to fantastic players and great presidents, who never failed to recognize that Lazio was a gift to Rome and it belongs to Rome and the fans.

When my turn came you were not born. It was a warm afternoon, the end of one of the most emotional season of our history. Since that day, many things have happened and I've experienced on myself how much a fan can give and suffer for his dream. If we look back we certainly see that we didn't win much. But we also see that Lazio and her fans have written together, year after year, one of the most beautiful football history you could imagine.

I could keep writing for hours, but I don't think it's worth anyway... even trying to understand. Perhaps it's all very simple and the difference is all there.

The difference between a Laziale and a Lazio fan.
Back to top Go down
Caxi
Son of Maestrelli
Son of Maestrelli

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:55 am

Conn wrote:
You think about Lazio as...

Lazio is a company but the company does not need to affect the 'ideals' you speak about. I'm quite far away from the action and the heart; I do not like being where I am but let me assure you that if I was at the epicentre of the city and if I felt the ideals of the club we share a love of were being destroyed by a president who has reigned but five years in a 110 year history through some of the most turbulent times the club has seen then I would not stand around and accept it. That I can assure you of. I'm not willing to turn this into an argument, you ask me to respect your opinion; I ask you to repect mine. That is all. Telling me, or rather, defining how I think is not respecting my opinion, in my opinion, but perhaps our definitions of respect differs, much like our respective opinions. Not saying you're wrong, not saying I'm right.

Conn wrote:
When my turn came you were not born.

When my turn came, you were not present. I guess that makes us equal. I admit, you probably know more than me and I have to concede that the information is more readily available to you than it is to me, but I don't think your experience at less than ten years old is what separates myself from you.

Conn wrote:
I could keep writing for hours, but I don't think it's worth anyway... even trying to understand. Perhaps it's all very simple and the difference is all there.

The difference between a Laziale and a Lazio fan.

You appear to have decided you have a right to define me and to define yourself and to consequently put yourself on a pedestool higher to me. That does not surprise me. Let it be known that I will not resort to that. I have too much respect for you and your opinions to degrade myself and accept that I am merely a "Lazio fan" in the process of doing so.

So, I can only agree to disagree. I would appreciate if you could do the same.
Back to top Go down
Sile
LFever Team Member
LFever Team Member

Number of posts : 2737
Country and city : Croatia,Zagreb
Laziale since : '96

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:01 am

Come down from that pedestal of yours Conn, and stop differentiating "Lazio fans" and "laziales" on your own personal merit scale. The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Back to top Go down
Conn
Honour member
Honour member

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:08 am

Caxi, I am too tired to read all your post and reply... I don't want to start an argument with you too.

In fact, I have enough of many things...

Just a quick note, important:

The difference between a Laziale and a Lazio fan is described in a wonderful letter by Renzo Nostini, a polisportiva Lazio legend. (I've translated that letter in the old Laziofever... maybe you missed it)

A Laziale would never say that Lazio belongs to lotito.

Ciao a tutti e FORZA LAZIO sempre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rasmus Bengtsson   Today at 7:37 am

Back to top Go down

Rasmus Bengtsson
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next